peoples are always worried about getting their device bricked so that i m making this tut to recover ur phone in only 3 steps, u dont need any special hardware or dont need to dissemble ur phone u will just need a usb cable and windows pc
READ THIS FIRST
- this method is dangerous as it will format the whole system and all the partitions on your phone. this will also format ur EFS partition so if ur using this tut for downgrading bootloader than its strongly warned that u backup ur EFS folder otherwise u will loose ur IMEI number.
- this whole process will wipe ur internal sd card, there is no way to recover/backup it as in bricked phone u cant mount ur storage.
- if u have 2.1 bootloader and want to downgrade it to v2.0 so that u can use usb jig to reset binary counter u can use this method but this method is risky so its recommended to backup all ur data and specially EFS folder to save ur IMEI number.
- if u r on bootloader 2.0 and dont have usb jig and u want to reset ur download counter than u can use this method but as this method is risky so better buy usb jig and use it. use this as a last option. and dont forget to backup EFS and SD card otherwise u will loose ur IMEI and data stored on SD card.
BACKING UP EFS
- there are many ways to backup/restore EFS partitions is out there but using efs backup pro is recommend, this tool works like charm. u will need to root ur phone first to backup ur EFS partition. (those who have bricked their phone, there is no way to backup ur efs in bricked phone so u will have to give ur phone in ssc to reprogram ur imei)
- some peoples says that after restoring backup made by efs backup pro their imei gets messed, they r unable to revert their original imei. if u have lil bit knowledge of ADB u can use this method its best method to backup imei.
NOTE FOR ICS USERS.
This unbricking tool is working on ICS also. but after this tool completes flashing u wont be able to flash stock ROM via odin directly to solve this u have to do a lil change in process.
after unbricking tool completes flashing, remove usb cable and reboot ur phone. phone will automatically boot in download mod as its not having OS.
now open odin, plug in ur device and flash ur desired stock ROM.
(thanks to UnknownzD for finding this solution.)
HOW TO DO THIS???STEP 1: DOWNLOADING REPAIR PACKAGE AND SETTING UP DRIVERS
Download the attached zip file and extract it to any directory like "C:\\SGR" or whatever u want. now remove battery of ur phone and insert it. now press VOLUME UP, HOME, POWER KEY together and insert usb cable to pc. ur pc will detect hardware named APX.
now open device manager. (right click on my computer>properties>device manager). u will see APX named hardware with yellow triangle on it. double click it and select update driver. now select "BROWSE MY COMPUTER......." option and it will ask for directory chose the directory in which u have extracted repair package. windows will show u warning ignore it and select install driver anyway.now see device manager in serial bus tree it should display hardware named NVIDIA RECOVERY........
STEP 2: FLASHING THE WHOLE FILE SYSTEM/BOOTLOADER
now everything is set for flashing the bootloader to ur bricked phone. open extracted folder in that u will find a file named GTI9103.bat open it, u will see command prompt window. now connect ur phone in APX mode as described in step 1. (to confirm that ur device is connected in apx mode u can look in device manager for hardware named nvidia recovery..... under serial bus tree). now after connecting device type 1 in opened command prompt and hit enter. now this tool will start flashing on ur sgr. after flash ur phone will reboot and download mode will appear as device starts.
STEP 3: FLASHING STOCK ROM AND FORMATTING DATA PARTITION
now open odin flashing tool (i faced problem while falshing with odin 1.86 so i recommend to use attached odin 1.80). remove usb cable from phone and connect it again, odin will detect phone and yellow mark with com port should appear. now this is important. here u have to check "RE PARTITION" in odin and click "PIT" buttom in odind and choose "p5.pit" file from extracted folder. in pda select the stock fw u want to flash. now check odin for this things "re partision, auto reboot, reset time is checked. in pit selection pit file is selected and in pda ur desired fw is selected." after checking this hit start and wait till flash finish. After flash ur phone will boot and will show error that /data is not found and ur phone will stuck at bootloop. Don't worry its normal as the flashing process have wiped data partition and its not ready to be used by os so phone won't boot. To solve this just boot in recovery mode by holding VOL UP + HOME key at boot. (U can use both stock and cwm recovery) and format the data partition and reboot. Ur phone will boot now and will work perfectly.
If u have backup of EFS than root ur phone and restore ur efs folder so that u can recover ur IMEI number.
If u dont have efs backup dont worry. Simply give ur phone in ssc and claim that phone is not receiving network. They will fix it for free
(If ur warranty is over, they will charge u for this)
CREDITSXiaoyuz for making this flashing tool.
F3nix for sending me this flashing package.
UnknownzD for testing this tool on ICS roms and finding a workaround for odin flashing problem on ICS.
Odin v1.00: http://www.4shared.com/zip/WjuuJ4-2/Odin3_v10.html?