Desktop Dock / charger

Search This thread

MT4GS

May 18, 2012
(edited)

Well, I wrote nice "review" in this edited post, but whatever was the reason, the xda website was "unavailable" when I click save - and now it is gone, damn! :(
I really don't feel like typing it all again, sorry. Here's the gist of it: IT WORKS.

"USB Cradle Dock Battery Charger For HTC Sensation" for MyTouch 4G Slide

img3051small.jpg

Price: $9.99 (incl. free shipping from Hong Kong)
Store: just do ebay search, tons of different sellers have it

Comes with standalone charger (AC 100-240V, DC 5V 1A, cable with standard microUSB plug - all specs same as HTC's original charger).
The USB cable I am using to charge it from my own charger (as seen in my photos) is cradle's own cable that's permanently attached to the back.

img3054small.jpg

The charging light is one of those horribly bright blue LEDs (what happened to the nice and subtle green LEDs? It seems like they don't make them anymore :( ). I have already cover it with piece of black electrical tape, otherwise it would lit half of my bedroom at night...

img3057small.jpg

DOCK PHOTOS

Dock - front:
img3061small.jpg

Dock - right side:
img3060small.jpg

Dock - left side:
img3065small.jpg

Dock - top view:
img3059small.jpg

img3062small.jpg

Dock - rear:
img3064small.jpg

Dock - bottom:
img3058small.jpg

It is sold as dock for HTC Sensation, but obviously it was manufactured for ancient by now HTC Titan! :D

Standalone Charger: (comes with it)
img3068small.jpg

(notice how twisted is the cable that it bends like this on it's own - that's why mine arrived d.o.a); below close up of the bend spot where it is broken (probably)
img3066small.jpg

Although my set came with broken charger, I have tested it with my original HTC charger and cable plugged into micro-USB rear port of the dock, and it works (it is charging the phone), same as the dock's built-in USB "data" cable attached on the back. Despite seler's description on ebay, both can be used to charge our phone.
Also note that i.e. "my" seller doesn't say anything about the charger.
His description states as follows:
Package Includes:

• 1x USB Cradle Dock Battery Charger
(confusing, isn't it? I was under impression that it does NOT come with charger until I emailed the seller)

And since the USB cable itself can be used for charging too, I am thinking about buying another one and using it as CAR DOCK (holder) in my car. All it needs is adding few thin rubber strips (so the phone won't rattle when driving) and maybe mounting it on my dashboard anti-slippery mat or using sometghing to prevent sliding, it would nicely compliment my wireless FM transmitter plug (I wrote about it in other thread) ;)

My conclusion:
GOOD PRODUCT, GOOD QUALITY DOCK, EXCELLENT PRICE!

(even though my charger is d.o.a it is still good deal)

This is product image most sellers use on ebay:
(so you know what to look for, if interested)
11111111111111h.jpg

Last edited:

MT4GS

May 18, 2012
Where did you order yours? link please
Ehhh lol it hasn't arrived yet and I don't know will it really fit MT4GS... I took "guesstimated" chances ordering it, same as I did with "Gold" battery, and although I did view pictures and got exact measurements and what-not - but until I have it physically connected with my phone I won't know for sure is it good (or not), so be patient ;) I will change 1st post when it arrives.

Have you found (or use) any?

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Ehhh lol it hasn't arrived yet and I don't know will it really fit MT4GS... I took "guesstimated" chances ordering it, same as I did with "Gold" battery, and although I did view pictures and got exact measurements and what-not - but until I have it physically connected with my phone I won't know for sure is it good (or not), so be patient ;) I will change 1st post when it arrives.

Have you found (or use) any?

Not really. I just posted on behalf of anyone that may use it too. My phone sits on my night stand charging before I go to sleep. Never really found much use for a dock.

MT4GS

May 18, 2012
My phone sits on my night stand charging before I go to sleep. Never really found much use for a dock.

Very same here - and that's why I want a "charging dock" for my night table by my bed, before I scratch phone's protruding camera glass or before the glass scratches my night table (either one is bound to happen ;))

Actual "desktop docks" were needed in old times when I had to sync my phone with Outlook on PC, but since I switched to using Google's email/calendar/contacts (and now even their OS) I have no need for "desktop" part of the dock. I just want a "stand" for MT4GS ;)

Last edited:

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Very same here - and that's why I want a "charging dock" for my night table by my bed, before I scratch phone's protruding camera glass or before the glass scratches my night table (either one is bound to happen ;))

My phone never comes in contact with any hard surface. I always put it on at least a piece of paper or something softer. When charging, it sits on top of my wallet. I take care of my phones extremely well:rolleyes:

wjcarpenter

Dec 18, 2010
For all of you who don't miss your Palm Pilots sync-up but just want convenient charging, one solution is the Powermat contactless charging. For this phone, you can get the custom battery cover from TMobile for $10, and single-position charging stations are available similarly cheap from many sellers.

Here is a thread about it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1479258

MT4GS

May 18, 2012
Well, it arrived in just 4 days! Fastest shipping from Asia ever, I was very surprised and also unhappy, that's why no link to the seller, as explained in my "review" (first post, edited).

wjcarpenter

Dec 18, 2010
I know you're frustrated from losing a big in-progress posting, but can you clarify? You say you are unhappy, but you also said it works.

Also, I can't quite tell from the photos. Does the phone settle right down so some built-in USB thingy slides into the phone, or do you need to plug some USB cable into the phone after you've got it on the dock?

MT4GS

May 18, 2012
I know you're frustrated from losing a big in-progress posting, but can you clarify? You say you are unhappy, but you also said it works.

Also, I can't quite tell from the photos. Does the phone settle right down so some built-in USB thingy slides into the phone, or do you need to plug some USB cable into the phone after you've got it on the dock?

/edit
First post updated.
Not as good as my original review that got lost, but most info is there. HTH.
Ask if you have questions or need more pics

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (edited)

Well, I wrote nice "review" in this edited post, but whatever was the reason, the xda website was "unavailable" when I click save - and now it is gone, damn! :(
    I really don't feel like typing it all again, sorry. Here's the gist of it: IT WORKS.

"USB Cradle Dock Battery Charger For HTC Sensation" for MyTouch 4G Slide

img3051small.jpg

Price: $9.99 (incl. free shipping from Hong Kong)
    Store: just do ebay search, tons of different sellers have it

Comes with standalone charger (AC 100-240V, DC 5V 1A, cable with standard microUSB plug - all specs same as HTC's original charger).
    The USB cable I am using to charge it from my own charger (as seen in my photos) is cradle's own cable that's permanently attached to the back.

img3054small.jpg

The charging light is one of those horribly bright blue LEDs (what happened to the nice and subtle green LEDs? It seems like they don't make them anymore :( ). I have already cover it with piece of black electrical tape, otherwise it would lit half of my bedroom at night...

img3057small.jpg

DOCK PHOTOS

Dock - front:
    img3061small.jpg

Dock - right side:
    img3060small.jpg

Dock - left side:
    img3065small.jpg

Dock - top view:
    img3059small.jpg

img3062small.jpg

Dock - rear:
    img3064small.jpg

Dock - bottom:
    img3058small.jpg

It is sold as dock for HTC Sensation, but obviously it was manufactured for ancient by now HTC Titan! :D

Standalone Charger: (comes with it)
    img3068small.jpg

(notice how twisted is the cable that it bends like this on it's own - that's why mine arrived d.o.a); below close up of the bend spot where it is broken (probably)
    img3066small.jpg

Although my set came with broken charger, I have tested it with my original HTC charger and cable plugged into micro-USB rear port of the dock, and it works (it is charging the phone), same as the dock's built-in USB "data" cable attached on the back. Despite seler's description on ebay, both can be used to charge our phone.
    Also note that i.e. "my" seller doesn't say anything about the charger.
    His description states as follows:
    Package Includes:

• 1x USB Cradle Dock Battery Charger
    (confusing, isn't it? I was under impression that it does NOT come with charger until I emailed the seller)

And since the USB cable itself can be used for charging too, I am thinking about buying another one and using it as CAR DOCK (holder) in my car. All it needs is adding few thin rubber strips (so the phone won't rattle when driving) and maybe mounting it on my dashboard anti-slippery mat or using sometghing to prevent sliding, it would nicely compliment my wireless FM transmitter plug (I wrote about it in other thread) ;)

My conclusion:
    GOOD PRODUCT, GOOD QUALITY DOCK, EXCELLENT PRICE!

(even though my charger is d.o.a it is still good deal)

This is product image most sellers use on ebay:
    (so you know what to look for, if interested)
    11111111111111h.jpg