[HOW-TO] Back up sms/mms with titanium backup

634 posts
Thanks Meter: 128

By josh030181, Senior Member on 15th June 2012, 01:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
NOT SURE IF THIS WOULD BE THE RIGHT SECTION, SORRY IF ITS NOT

I don't take no credit for this, thanks to
antawnm26

I seen allot of people on here what's the best or quickest way to backup and restore sms/mms so that's why I'm sharing this, I stumbled across it in the HTC Rezound forum.

I just tried it doing a fresh install of a ROM and it restores fast considering I always used My Backup witch is very slow

In the instruction he says press the radio menu button ignore that, tap the backup/restore tab then click edit filters then just follow the rest of the inductions

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1537931

" I was using my backup root, and come to find out you must purchase the pro version if your jumping from rom to rom...I done some digging and this process works great...The props should go to:razor02097 (incredible forum)....

I tested it and it works on both sms/mms:

How to automatically backup your SMS/MMS messages with Titanium Backup (Rooted Users)

So you have seen all those sms backup apps but none tickle your fancy... You are rooted and have Titanium backup. You know how to backup your messages but you don't want to have to manually backup your messages all the time. Good thing there is an easy way to tell Titanium Backup to do it for you.

The following is exact step by step instructions.

Open app drawer Open Titanium Backup Press the menu radio button Select "Filters" At the bottom press the "Create label" button Name your label whatever you want Press the "Add/Remove elements _" button Check the "[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage 2.2" checkbox Press the "OK" button Press the "Save" button Press the back radio button Select the "Schedules" tab Press the "Add new schedule" button located at the bottom On the schedule that just appeared press the "Edit" button On the top combo box select the arrow to pull down the menu. Select the "Backup all system data" option On the next combo box that says "No filtering", click the arrow to pull down a menu. You should see your label you created. Select your label. Select the time you want your backup to take place Select the days you want your backup to take place Press the "Save" button Check the "Enabled" check box to enable your schedule Now Titanium Backup will automatically backup your messages at the specified time and day or days.

Note: You will need the Titanium backup pro key to access the batch operations.

The call history is in:"[CONTACTS/CALLS] Contacts Storage 2.2"

****Keep in mind our numbers will be different sms/mms/apn dialer storage 2.3.4 ***Call history: contacts/calls contacts storage 2.3.4

Enjoy......"

Sent from my EVO using XDA
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to josh030181 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josh030181 Ad-Free
15th June 2012, 01:14 AM |#2  
Flag Canton, GA
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Thanks! Thanks for the post and also for giving credit where credit is due.
15th June 2012, 01:39 AM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,091

Donate to Me
More
Or you can do it in the messaging app.

Sent From My HTC Evo 4G LTE, On The Now Network From Sprint!
15th June 2012, 01:45 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Baltimoe,Md
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydah805

Or you can do it in the messaging app.

Sent From My HTC Evo 4G LTE, On The Now Network From Sprint!

yes you are right but when I did a restore from there it didn't restore mms

Sent from my EVO using XDA
15th June 2012, 03:10 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 551

More
While this method will work for restoring to/from roms based on a similar base. This will likely NOT work going from sense to say aosp or the other way around. In such cases you will have to use sms backup or similar.

The reason this is so fast is because only several .db (database) files are copied directly. SMS backup on the other hand reads/injects the text messages through the rom's api, a much slower process.
The Following User Says Thank You to gpz1100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gpz1100 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)