6 Vote(s)
27.27%
I'd Like To Develop It

3 Vote(s)
13.64%
I'd Like To See It Happen

15 Vote(s)
68.18%

[MOD][TUTORIAL]Successful Boot of SD Android on microSDxC 64Gb [Update 08/17/12 VID]

2,645 posts
Thanks Meter: 474

Post Reply Email Thread
Any records of any builds successfully running, loading and booting on microSDXC card's?

We all know by now good and well that if you improperly force format it to Fat32 it'll pick up in android and windows mobile devices.

So what is the likeliness of this happening and a build actually supporting the behemoths?

Has anybody tried making a build or what exactly is that limits us to the normal microSD and microSDHC?

I'd really love to be able to dual boot with my 64Gb card and put it to good use.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n1nj4Lo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift n1nj4Lo Ad-Free

9th August 2012, 10:45 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag ★ATLANTA★

More

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSjdIVTNXis

I'll be straight up with all of you, what I've noticed in my symptoms is that when in windows mobile 6.5 I'll get a SOD but that could be because my WinMo side is on the verge of needing a hard reset again. Plus normally the Android loader and haret.exe aren't that sluggish. You know how things like to eff up and go haywire especially sometimes right when you're about to do groundbreaking publications on it. haha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n1nj4Lo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift n1nj4Lo Ad-Free
10th August 2012, 04:13 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag ★ATLANTA★

More
Angry
So who wants in? The way we all could work together now that we know that it is possible is reporting bugs and known sd roms that actually work with it, how good or well one runs over the other and everything... As well as with Class type 4/10 (Whatever other Classes there are) so on and et cetera.

The possibilities are literally endless now, because with what lil experience I did have with WP7 and WP7.5 I believe it (Microsoft) creates an exFAT partition of your normal card when setting it all up, and so since we all know about creating a dual boot with WP7 (However I never successfully accomplished it, I guess I was destined for other discoveries ^_^ and to be honest I didn't really care too much for WP7 before or after I tried it. LoL!) SD Android so to speak as well as a portion of it (Your SD Card) formated for it in of course Fat32 Primary. So if anybody wants to give that a whack as well might also bang out successful booting of SD/MAGLDR Android too while you're at it. Feel free to report back your findings.

I say if you have a 64Gb microSDXC Card laying around, then give it a shot! Or if you can afford to spend that much as well. LoL

Hope to hear from everyone soon!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n1nj4Lo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift n1nj4Lo Ad-Free
11th August 2012, 04:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo

So who wants in? The way we all could work together now that we know that it is possible is reporting bugs and known sd roms that actually work with it, how good or well one runs over the other and everything... As well as with Class type 4/10 (Whatever other Classes there are) so on and et cetera.

The possibilities are literally endless now, because with what lil experience I did have with WP7 and WP7.5 I believe it (Microsoft) creates an exFAT partition of your normal card when setting it all up, and so since we all know about creating a dual boot with WP7 (However I never successfully accomplished it, I guess I was destined for other discoveries ^_^ and to be honest I didn't really care too much for WP7 before or after I tried it. LoL!) SD Android so to speak as well as a portion of it (Your SD Card) formated for Android. So if anybody wants to give that a whack as well might also bang out successful booting of SD/MAGLDR Android too while you're at it. Feel free to report back your findings.

I say if you have a 64Gb microSDXC Card laying around, then give it a shot! Or if you can afford to spend that much as well. LoL

Hope to hear from everyone soon!

Hi! are you saying that HTC HD2 ACTUALLY recognises 64GB SD cards? and that you managed to boot Android with it??

Which brand card is this? Sandisk? and whats the 'class'?

have you tried running videos - both 480p and 720p and also playing songs, etc? no lags?
12th August 2012, 12:55 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag ★ATLANTA★

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunsam

Hi! are you saying that HTC HD2 ACTUALLY recognises 64GB SD cards? and that you managed to boot Android with it??

Which brand card is this? Sandisk? and whats the 'class'?

have you tried running videos - both 480p and 720p and also playing songs, etc? no lags?

That's exactly what I'm saying... LoL! I'm not exactly certain what videos run in it, however songs play perfectly in it(Honestly I'm more of a music buff usually, plus when I go for downloading movies they're always DVDRips at 600/800Mb, IMO I see no point in playing an hd video in something way much smaller than a quarter size of your smallest normal hd tv(26"), just doesn't add up, nor make any sense... All I really need is vids in the res of 400x840 and it's good enough for me) and theres no data loss switching between WinMo and Android. It's a class 4, sandisk.
_

Update: This rom also works in it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1289477
So does this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1256423 it does however though have a much longer boot time.

FYI: Be sure to pop the 64Gb card in a microSD usb reader, download MiniTool Home Partition Wizard, delete it, click create, then select Fat32 and make sure it is set as Primary and finally click Apply sit back and let MiniTool finish formatting it, then you're all set and ready to go.
12th August 2012, 05:45 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag ★ATLANTA★

More
New video coming sometime next week, with a better (8Mp + Zoom and Focus ability) camera recording it, plus it'll be a lil more in depth and doing a casual walk-through of Android as much as I can squeeze together on a 2Gb, for some stupid reason my silly Fuji FinePix wont take anything more than a 2Gb (Standard) SD card. But the quality will be better hopefully. I was using one of those Kodak handheld video camcorders that ya can buy for $25.00 at nearly any Big Lots, it was all that was available while I was at work...

If theres anything like myMobiler for Android I'll do that as well if requested.
16th August 2012, 03:53 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag ★ATLANTA★

More
Alright so it turns out the camera was going to be just as blurry as the cheapo handheld pocket camcorder, so instead when I get home from work I'm gunna do a MyMobiler video since they make it for Android as well as Windows Mobile.
16th August 2012, 09:50 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
My phone recognizes my 64gb card.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1345150220462.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1264865  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djxcee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djxcee Ad-Free
17th August 2012, 03:28 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag ★ATLANTA★

More
haha!! This is pathetic... My old old old Sharp VL-E680 Super8 ViewCam actually focuses in on and shows the actual font on the phone screen, I don't have the 3.5mm Audio Video cable but will be picking one up shortly, I've also got a multi card reader that'll play files on the Tv with the same cable, so if I can't figure out which HTC Drivers I need for MyMobiler to record a video then I'll have a video uploaded when I get this cable. I also have a Pinnacle Lynx and Pinnacle Dazzle so no problems transfering videos from the Sharp ViewCam there, just need that cable to plug into Pinnacle.
17th August 2012, 03:31 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag ★ATLANTA★

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxcee

My phone recognizes my 64gb card.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium

I take it you're dual-booting... Which build is that, or is that the name of it in your sig NexusHD2?
17th August 2012, 07:50 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag ★ATLANTA★

More
Here's the MyMobiler video, more proof:

Sorry bout the lag and choppy video that was all MyMobiler's fault, not the 64Gb microSD, HD2 or Android SD Build.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)