...Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the ROM
= Mimicry for Jelly Bean?!? =
* * Be sure to read this post here * *
= What is this? =
Based off CyanogenMod 9 and forked from thee mighty Andromadus main repo.– Daily merges of new CM9 patches & additions.Join us on IRC in #mimicry on Freenode!
– Combines the fast and stable base of Andromadus/CM9 with new, unique features!
– Goal is to take advantage of our devices' hardware in a time where new ROMs are focused more on next gen devices – offer unique features to the Vision.
– AROMA Installer provides the user with choice on installation, saving preferences for future versions.
If you're new to IRC and without a native app, you can try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link].
= Newest Changes! =
Version 1.5.0 – September 4, 2012 [link]– Merged in new CM9.1 changesDiscussion for v1.5.0 starts on page 184: [link]
– Requested Feature! Added remove all recent apps. Longpress app or press Trackball in Recent Apps overlay
– New Feature! Added adjustable StatusBar background color and transparency
– New Feature! Added colorize to Notification Shortcuts -- Change both the stock and default app icon colors on the fly! Toggling Notification Shortcuts resets the color
– Completely re-coded Notification Shortcuts -- faster, less unnecessary redraws
– Fixed Notification Shortcut alignment and spacing. Now draws and scales properly depending on available width. (Toggled on by default)
– Fixed exception in Notification Shortcuts causing Settings to crash on blank shortcut redraw
– Switched notification shortcut background pressed drawable to use notification_item's - will work with colorization to provide better theme consistency
– Modified default StatusBar color to act as an inactive default to allow themes to take priority
– When setting the date to appear in the StatusBar, it now maintains the same font size as the clock
– Applied hwc prop change to [mostly] fix corrupted text issue
– Updated translations for existing languages and added new languages for: Romanian, Czech, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Slovak, Serbian, Turkish & Chinese traditional!
– A big thanks to new translators: bogdan5844, CebeLL, daanas, dakf, Filip.Hunka, GizMoQC, hezeri, Jinxtedium, karalaine, Krusty, magno23, matteoa91, michuo, Petrs, shared_ptr, skui, TBest, TheGed129, tomaja & Whippler
Need help installing/upgrading? Visit the FAQ [link]
= Notable Feature Summary =
These are some of the features included in Mimicry! Visit the Feature section below [link]– Notification Shortcuts - Up to 12 shortcuts in the notification area. Customize icons! Use the default icon, from Gallery or from a set of pre-created Stock icons. Cutomize icon colors as well as spacing and alignment
– Recent Apps mods - Search capactive key rebinded to Recent Apps (with longpress Search) and Remove all Recent Apps (with longpress or trackball)
– Mods/Tweaks - Pre-packaged V6 Supercharger, Virtuous OC Daemon, Enhanced Keymaps tweaks and Wifi Calling selectable on install
– App choice - Choose from a number of Launchers, Music players and Boot animations on install
– UI enhancements - Numerous built-in battery icon mods. Use a custom date format in statusbar or notifications and change the StatusBar color/transparency level
– Hardware button mods - Long-press Power for Quick Torch, Long-press Camera for Quick Camera, Trackball Answer/Hangup
= Suggested Ideas =
If the ideas below sound like something you'd like to see in the ROM, mention it in the thread so I can give them higher development priority–Andromadus Mimicry issue/feature request tracker [link]
Kill-all Recent Apps at once ability
Add user-selectable colors for Notification Shortcut icons
Status bar transparency/color selection
– Want more? Suggestions are welcome in the thread!