Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 (Unofficial Updated Builds) [UCLE2]

649 posts
Thanks Meter: 766

By CalcProgrammer1, Senior Member on 18th June 2012, 09:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

UNOFFICIAL WEEKLY BUILDS OF CM9 ICS FOR GALAXY NOTE I717

THESE ROM BUILDS ARE OUTDATED, PLEASE USE THE OFFICIAL CYANOGENMOD 9 NIGHTLY BUILDS INSTEAD!

The CyanogenMod team is now building official nightlies for this ROM, so I am not going to continue building these builds as they would be identical to the official nightlies. If you were running any of my builds and wish to upgrade to a newer official nightly release, you do not have to perform any wipe or reset, just flash the official nightly build (and gapps) over the existing install.

The link to the official nightly builds is here: http://get.cm/?device=quincyatt

Thanks to everyone who supported my unofficial builds, and most of all thanks to the awesome CyanogenMod team for bringing us such an awesome ROM for our Notes!

Useful Links:
Change Log for i717
Change Log for All ICS Changes
Google Apps for CyanogenMod
h0tw1r3's (6/6) CM9 Build
h0tw1r3's How-To Build CM9 thread

Thanks to:
h0tw1r3
All the CyanogenMod developers
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to CalcProgrammer1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CalcProgrammer1 Ad-Free

18th June 2012, 09:22 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kansas City

More
Apps from UCLE2 ROMs that work on CM9

AT&T WiFi Hotspots (install to /system/app): Here

Samsung S-Voice: Here
The Following User Says Thank You to CalcProgrammer1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CalcProgrammer1 Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 09:28 PM |#3  
Flag Cambridge, MA
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Another ROM this is great news. This Note is just what I thought it would be.
18th June 2012, 09:35 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
I came

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
18th June 2012, 09:36 PM |#5  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 775

More
What's the difference between your build and Hotwires?

Just asking...Thanks for devving for our NOTE!
18th June 2012, 09:41 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kansas City

More
Hotwire's build was built on 6-6-2012 and he said that he doesn't have much time, so it likely won't receive many updates. I asked him how he went about building and he posted a how-to guide. I have a Linux box that mostly just sits there acting as my file server and figured I could run more frequent builds on it. If you look at the changelogs, CyanogenMod 9 is a rapidly progressing project, receiving frequent updates from tons of developers. Many more popular devices have official nightly builds available, but our Note does not, so I figured that I could post bi-weekly or so updates to keep everyone up to date until the device is considered stable enough to receive official nightlies from the CyanogenMod team.

In short, this is the same ROM as hotwire's, but I'm going to build it and update regularly. The only big, noticeable new feature between my 6-17 release and hotwire's 6-6 release is the new Cid boot animation, but if you look at the changelogs you can see that there is more going on behind the scenes.

As this is the same base ROM as hotwire's, if you already have hotwire's ROM on your Note you can simply flash my build on top of it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CalcProgrammer1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CalcProgrammer1 Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 09:42 PM |#7  
Flag Dalton, GA
Thanks Meter: 553

More
18th June 2012, 09:42 PM |#8  
Flag Regina
Thanks Meter: 368

Donate to Me
More
question
can this be flashed over top stock gb?

Thanks
18th June 2012, 09:45 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kansas City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywhojr

Thanks

No, as this is an ICS ROM it must be flashed over an ICS ROM. Hotwire recommended having a UCLE3 ROM installed and flashing over that (I'm still not sure if the UCLE3 kernel is included in the build or not). You will also have to wipe the data, cache, and dalvik-cache coming from a non-CM9 ROM so make sure you back up!
The Following User Says Thank You to CalcProgrammer1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CalcProgrammer1 Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 09:47 PM |#10  
Flag Cave Creek(Phoenix), AZ
Thanks Meter: 441

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywhojr

Thanks

Absolutely not!

Note...where BIGGER is better!
The Following User Says Thank You to djbrian52 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djbrian52 Ad-Free
18th June 2012, 09:49 PM |#11  
Flag Regina
Thanks Meter: 368

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalcProgrammer1

No, as this is an ICS ROM it must be flashed over an ICS ROM. Hotwire recommended having a UCLE3 ROM installed and flashing over that (I'm still not sure if the UCLE3 kernel is included in the build or not). You will also have to wipe the data, cache, and dalvik-cache coming from a non-CM9 ROM so make sure you back up!

fantastic. i'll read through hotw1re and go from there. Sick and tired of waiting for Bell to get off the high horse and give us some desserrts to play with ..

Thanks again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)