Files not Updated at MTP

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kclama, Junior Member on 19th June 2012, 09:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
When connect my A100 to a PC via MTP, found some of the files deleted/moved not accurately shown inside the file manager of PC. The files, which had been deleted/moved via apps of tablet earlier, are still shown in the original location but are unable to be opened.

The database/index of the MTP program seems corrupted, is it possible deleted the MTP data and force a rescan?

Pls help, thanks.
24th June 2012, 03:59 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclama

When connect my A100 to a PC via MTP, found some of the files deleted/moved not accurately shown inside the file manager of PC. The files, which had been deleted/moved via apps of tablet earlier, are still shown in the original location but are unable to be opened.

The database/index of the MTP program seems corrupted, is it possible deleted the MTP data and force a rescan?

Pls help, thanks.

Found a solution from other forum:

1) clear data of the "Media Storage" app
2) rescan the files via the "SDrescan" app (which can be downloaded from Play Store)
25th July 2012, 06:39 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclama

Found a solution from other forum:

1) clear data of the "Media Storage" app
2) rescan the files via the "SDrescan" app (which can be downloaded from Play Store)

I had started a thread on this issue back in december, still having issues on Jelly bean on my xoom (I know it's a different device, but same issue).

On Honeycomb, I had problems, sometimes files would not be updated even after reboot. Now I'm on JB, having the same issue, so it seems to be a MTP issue that's independent of android version.

I have tried SDrescan, but it doesn't always work. Did SDrescan fix this issue on the Iconia?

btw, my workaround was to not use MTP, and install a samba share app instead. There are a few samba apps in the market, and you have to have a wifi network, but it's pretty solid compared to MTP.
26th July 2012, 05:35 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzoid

I had started a thread on this issue back in december, still having issues on Jelly bean on my xoom (I know it's a different device, but same issue).

On Honeycomb, I had problems, sometimes files would not be updated even after reboot. Now I'm on JB, having the same issue, so it seems to be a MTP issue that's independent of android version.

I have tried SDrescan, but it doesn't always work. Did SDrescan fix this issue on the Iconia?

btw, my workaround was to not use MTP, and install a samba share app instead. There are a few samba apps in the market, and you have to have a wifi network, but it's pretty solid compared to MTP.

Yeah, "SDrescan" fixed my problem at A100. Btw, "AirDroid" also a very good solution via Wifi....
17th November 2016, 07:59 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thanks for the information !
I had a Samsung S4 with exact the same trouble. (running 5.0.1 original Samsung ROM)
Did delete Media Storage Data and restarted the phone.
After that the display via MTP was fine... no need for SDrescan.

I did know already about the fact that i can restore pictures, videos and coverart on music with that trick... i was not aware that this also affects the standard file-handling for mtp.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mtp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)