FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Incredible! Arc very fast with Xperia S apps.

854 posts
Thanks Meter: 764

By jlmcr87, Senior Member on 23rd June 2012, 11:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I write to you all Arc owners because you have to know the truth!
With the last ics (and also gingerbread some apps) the phone is really slow opening simple apps like the gallery, the telephone dialer, and more things you perfectly know. The incredible comes now! I installed the xperia S ics apps, launcher etc, and incredibly all works like a charm. The gallery is incredibly fast, the telephone dialer opens very quickly, the launcher don´t have lag etc....
This is a Sony strategy to make us think that the arc is outdated and buy a new phone.....it´s a shame! Sony do the things right with 2011 xperias!!!!!!!!!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jlmcr87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlmcr87 Ad-Free

23rd June 2012, 11:48 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
we will need more feed back on this! cause its really getting very annoying to wait every time you want to dial a number!
23rd June 2012, 11:54 AM |#3  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 538

Donate to Me
More
for me it takes around 3 days after a restart when the dialer starts to lag..so i used to restart the phone every 3-4 days to make everything smooth again ..anyways xperia s ICS apps looks promising
23rd June 2012, 12:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Strange, my phone became slower once I installed the Xperia S ICS apps. Especially the dialer.
23rd June 2012, 02:13 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
can i have the post from where to install the apps for Xperia S.

and a tutorial will also be appreciated !
23rd June 2012, 02:32 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philansel7

can i have the post from where to install the apps for Xperia S.

and a tutorial will also be appreciated !

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1725189 - Here is the post mate. Just flash the zip through recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to madasalizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madasalizard Ad-Free
23rd June 2012, 02:45 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madasalizard

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1725189 - Here is the post mate. Just flash the zip through recovery.

Man this is F**king crazy. just installed it and now i can say that my ARC ICS is as smooth as gingerbread. How come that this made my ICS experience so good. its so smooth and no lag. I've have rooted my arc and i've deleted all the bloatware but it was still laggy.. now it's like ice on water.. so f**cking smooth.. try it and you wont regret it.

the album gallery, phone apps, contact apps and messaging apps is just great.
23rd June 2012, 03:51 PM |#8  
Flag Landskrona
Thanks Meter: 512

More
It is true, the Xperia S ICS launcher makes it much smoother now on old lovely Arc (LT15i), so I recommend everyone to try it. It is not just wishful thinking it really makes a difference.

But I have a bug when I receive a call, the screen goes black for 3 seconds before I can answer the call, but I dont know why yet (Stock .431 firmware with Trinity kernel and Xperia S ICS launcher).
The Following User Says Thank You to datagubben For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift datagubben Ad-Free
23rd June 2012, 05:05 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 764

More
Letter to sonymobile:

I´m an angry Xperia Arc user. Like other users i have been here giving feedback, requesting new things, but i see nothing..........xperia arc is laggy, slow, have and old kernel, etc. What happen with the galery? It´s pathetically slow, and the same for the music player when it have to load the covers, the launcher is not fluid and not to talk about the ics telephone dialer.

What makes me laugh is that yesterday I install in my arc the xperia s ICS apps, and what surprise! the gallery works super fast, launcher with no lag, walkman with equializer, mega bass, more and beautiful widgets, the phone dialer opens instantly and many other features.

Sony this is the promise of been updated 18 months? What Xperia arc users have done to deserve this?

Why the xperia S software works better on a 2011 telephone? Very bad sony!

Why don´t you install the new software in the 2011 phones by default, you have it already created!!! But no, you have to give us very bad optimized software, yes I understand this is an strategy to make us buying a new phone....this is the time to take note sony! Give us what whe want.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jlmcr87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlmcr87 Ad-Free
23rd June 2012, 06:01 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Would love to see reply from Sony!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2
23rd June 2012, 09:24 PM |#11  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 381

More
Sony is playing their cards really well.making us believe that our ARC \ S is outdated & our hardware cannot handle ICS.The Xperia S ICS apps work really fast & with efficiency on our ARC \ S.Lets say for example Sony's latest models Xperia Miro , Tipo.these handsets r running 800mhz processor & Adreno 200.& to think these r getting the ICS out of the box.how is that possible ??? & seeing this i think the X10 community will be in a RIOT(i just moved from X10).

Our Handsets r more than capable of running ICS.

Sony disappointed me for sure.I think they did not even put in decent effort to build ICS for Xperia 2011 line up.they want us to think our phones r outdated & want us to buy their new "SONY" branded handsets..

Shame on u SONY !!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noim Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)