free WiFi tether with root only

Search This thread

drawde40599

Aug 11, 2010
Works flawless!! Thanks this is perfect till custom roms available

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Better download that app quick before AT&T makes Google take it down!
Just in case ur right ---Downloaded hidden and backed up; )

jazzmoe76

Jan 2, 2012
Wauwatosa
No worries y'all. This app has been avail for a long time. I agree, I was very happy to find it to hold me over until custom Roms become available. I feel like I want to dust off Kitchen, but I'm not that talented and I'm sure others are already lightyears ahead of where I'd be starting.

jiggytom

Jun 18, 2007
Anyone know if FoxFi works. It doesn't even need root...haven't tried it yet, but it worked on the Nexus.

drawde40599

Aug 11, 2010
This is the #1 reason I root my phones. I even jailbreaked my iPhone 3G back in the day for the same reason. What does "download hidden" mean? I'm assuming you're using TBU to back up the apk?
Yep TB for back up and remove it from showing up in market ( Google can remove a app from your phone without ur permission I read about it when last year someone made a Hitler app and Google uninstalled it from all phones that had it ) then appmonster.apk so I can physically have the app .. jic . Yep paranoid;)

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Downloaded it. Waiting to root until I know that I can unroot and clear counters (in case of warranty).
If u do your warranty threw manufacturer (Samsung ) not at&t chances of them caring is very low ( my past experiences) remember they have cyanogen himself working for them kinda tells u there hacker friendly company:) I.wouldn't doubt if that counter is for carriers to screw u not Samsung ...

But I get y u want to wait ....

ewingr

Dec 1, 2007
Yep TB for back up and remove it from showing up in market ( Google can remove a app from your phone without ur permission I read about it when last year someone made a Hitler app and Google uninstalled it from all phones that had it ) then appmonster.apk so I can physically have the app .. jic . Yep paranoid;)

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

If u do your warranty threw manufacturer (Samsung ) not at&t chances of them caring is very low ( my past experiences) remember they have cyanogen himself working for them kinda tells u there hacker friendly company:) I.wouldn't doubt if that counter is for carriers to screw u not Samsung ...

But I get y u want to wait ....

Interesting. For the time being, I guess I'll wait though. The dev community is pretty efficient around here :D

stan.s

Aug 29, 2010
NYC metro
Ok, so this program does what exactly? It masks to packets with the device identity and responds with the selected device description posing as something else. It should have a "clone your own device" to make sure that att does not get any notice of the device chg......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

cproaudio

Oct 28, 2007
On the Thrill, you can goto connectivity test in hiden menu to disable Entitlement to allow free wifi tethering without root. Can the same be done on the Galaxy S III?

cproaudio

Oct 28, 2007
A word of caution. I've used WiFi Tether For Root User on my Thrill before. The problem is that it allows tethering even with the Entitlement enabled. Because of this, I got a text from AT&T warning me that tethering requires tethering plan. A few days later, I got a letter in the mail stating that tethering requires a tethering plan.
I have since disable Entitlement and deleted the Entitlement APN. Been tethering since without AT&T sending warning text and letter.
Now, does anyone know a guarantee way to tether the S III without AT&T knowing you're tethering.