This is a development thread.
If your statement ends in a ? it belongs in the Q/A thread linked in the OP.
If something doesn't work correctly, first of all do a full wipe and see if the problem persists.
If it does, and it is repeatable, grab a logcat if you can, there are apps on the market for that such as aLogcat, and then post here with detailed information about what happened, how often it happened, and what happened when you were doing it.
Anyone that does not comply with these rules will receive an infraction, this is your warning.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
* thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or
* unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any
* concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
* choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
* for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh.
* Then I will put it in your eye.
By using the ROM you agree with the above terms!
Update Notice: at the current time, I am reviewing the herring (stock) based kernel code to port gps and other fixes to the aries kernel.
[11/04/13] Got nano2normal sim card adapter, so I can test ril
In the next few weeks I will be releasing herring updates to JB 4.2.2. I expect the same quality, and that will mean an update for those that like using CM-9.1.0. So stay tuned!
First off, credits need to be in order.
Big thanks goes out to jt1134 for making this all possible. CM9 on SGS4G would not be without his contributions! Please click thanks and donate on his posts!
Thanks to jeffsf for his "hefe kernel" changes. These add OC/UV and many other slick performance hacks! Thanks!
Ultimately some of those changes came from AntonX. Thanks to you too!
Also a big thanks to krylon360 for providing a mirror (which is fast as hell!)
Since this tree is basically a hack on our CM7 wip, thanks go to teamacid and everyone that helped to test CM7 and CM9!
WHAT WORKS and WHAT DOES NOT WORK
Beastmode started a Q&A thread here. Do not ask questions or "Say Thanks" here. Just hit the thanks button.
This thread is for development *ONLY*. If you don't have anything to contribute to making this rom/kernel better, please post in said Q&A thread.
- MTD and YAFFS2.
- 184.108.40.206-cyanogenmod-ICS kernel + jeffsf's "hefe" changes (Hopefully soon, we can finish porting to Aries/3.0.8)
- Tiny Preempt RCU in the kernel for lower memory allocation overhead.
- ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 220.127.116.11
- Power Management (kinda, there are some wake lock issues that cause the phone to reboot)
- 2D and 3D Graphics
- Sound (minus incoming call ringtones, see Not Working)
- Brightness control (but not auto brightness control, see Not Working)
- BLN (Requires the use of neldar's BLN application. Use the pro version for the best experience)
- Still Camera (and ffc)
- Camcorder (and ffc)
- Panorama (and ffc)
- Video Encoding and Decoding
- cpufreq/underclocking - Thanks to AntonX and jeffsf
- Rebooting to recovery
- USB Mounting in Android and Recovery Mode
- Voodoo sound
- Wireless Tethering
- 911 - Thanks for reporting, Rebel_X and WillieWonka1985!
- Advanced in Settings Menu.
- CM File Manager *New - Thanks to FBis251
- Auto Brightness control
- Reboot to download mode
- Car/Desk dock audio
- WiFi-Calling (this might never work)
- Wired Tethering
If anything here looks wrong, let me know and I will be happy to update this OP.