FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Stock rooted OTA 4.08.605.15 710RD - 06-27-2012

3,246 posts
Thanks Meter: 976

By cmlusco, Senior Member on 28th June 2012, 02:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Stock Rooted OTA 4.08.605.15 710RD Rom

OUTDATED: NOT THE LATEST STOCK VERSION!! 4.08.605.19 is now available.

Thanks goes to soniclude for the ota pull.

Stock Rooted OTA 4.08.605.15 710RD rom. It is rooted, zip aligned, has busybox and comes in odexed or deodexed versions. Other than that it is untouched. Enjoy

[standard flashing disclaimer here]

Wipe everything in the mounts and storage menu in recovery, except sdcard and emmc. Then flash like any other rom.

If you want a little more customized and tweaked rom check out Touch Of Blue, also updated to 4.08.605.15. Touch Of Blue v2.2
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmlusco Ad-Free
28th June 2012, 03:54 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Current OTA or a leak?
28th June 2012, 04:02 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfiniti9

Current OTA or a leak?

Latest ota that is being delivered in groups to people as we spaeak. This is a pull from someone who recieved the update yesterday.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmlusco Ad-Free
28th June 2012, 06:41 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
?
What are the instructions on how to install this Rom? Wipe everything just like wildstang83s Rom.
28th June 2012, 06:47 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside2011

What are the instructions on how to install this Rom? Wipe everything just like wildstang83s Rom.

Correct, i think. It is probably safest to wipe everything, but might be able to be flashed over wildstangs rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmlusco Ad-Free
28th June 2012, 06:54 AM |#6  

More
cool
I'm gonna wipe everything. I've experienced 1 too many bootloops and hicupps specially with cyanogenmod. My Dinc just never seems to like those Roms
28th June 2012, 08:37 AM |#7  

More
Thank you for this. Been thinking of going to a more stockish rom. The latest roms just have too many bugs and quirks for me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app
28th June 2012, 09:24 AM |#8  

More
1 more
I literally flashed over wildstang83 Rom . I'm gonna attempt another try but wipe the cache and delvik 1st. Wiping everything didn't do anything. I'll report back soon
28th June 2012, 04:06 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Question Not booting..
Not getting to boot animation... I have tried 3 times now.. Wiped everything..Format boot/storage etc... Anyone get it to work?
28th June 2012, 05:07 PM |#10  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I was actually surprised and excited to see this update this morning but thought it would be ICS.

Long ago I rooted my phone just for gaining control and removing bloatware but ended up flashing my first rom with WildStang's Gingerbread OTA. After that I applied the "Warm" theme and been happy with that thinking there would be no more updates to this phone.

To the point - my question for you all is what do you mean by flash over? When the OTA is pushed is it just a patch or do they somehow send and entire install which removes the previous version, saves your data, installs the new version, and puts back your data? I don't have a problem with wiping and starting fresh, and it sounds like that is what everyone is recommending, I'm just trying to understand how it would even work flashing "over" my current version.
28th June 2012, 06:23 PM |#11  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Nobody has replied to my post and I have not seen anyone report a trouble free install here so I'm gonna sit on the fence for a while
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)