Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM][2.3.6][YP-G70][July25] Chip v1.5

925 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,035

By Mevordel, Senior Member on 28th June 2012, 03:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all!

This is a compilation of tweaks/themes/mods found around the forums (and elsewhere) cooked together with some of my own modifications and slimmed down into one firmware for the Galaxy Player/Galaxy S WiFi 5.0". Note that much of this is other people's original work. I have linked to sources for a lot of the features in the list. Go thank these developers for their awesome job!

My goals for this firmware are that it should look decent, be slim and fast, and have good battery life. If you have found or developed a tweak or mod that you think will improve this firmware, by all means do suggest it in this thread. However, keep in mind that I cannot work magic, and have used Android for less than a year. Even so, I will try my best to implement feature requests, and to fix all bugs.

This firmware does not include a kernel, so it should support all USA and international devices (and partially the Korean version) as long as you install the correct kernel (by rumirand or Entropy512) for your device. After installing the kernel, reboot into recovery and flash the zip at the top of post 2. I would recommend re-installing the kernel afterwards, just to be safe. Also, when coming from another firmware, you will probably need to "wipe data/factory reset." If you are just upgrading, you should only need to clear cache.

Features

General
  • Based off stock GB 2.3.6 XXKPL
  • Rooted (SuperSU)
  • Deodexed/Zipaligned
  • Busybox + Bash + Nano
  • Very Small: about 120 MiB (without addons)
  • Added all languages from Chinese stock

Apps
  • Samsung Bloat Removed -- If you want some stock apps back, install the addon pack (2nd post).
  • Latest Google Framework and Apps
  • AOSP Clock and Calculator (thanks John_2k2)
  • Camera ICS / QuickPic
  • Inka File Manager
  • Holo Launcher
  • DSPManager
  • Hacker's Keyboard + Swype
  • YouTube HD

Tweaks
  • Tweaks compilation by st@matis modified for our device
  • Framework tweaks for battery saving
  • Smooth Spinners by GadgetCheck
  • Others' + My own build.prop and init.d tweaks

Theme
  • ICS/B&B Theme (parts from John_2k2 and iJimaniac)
  • Changed Default/Lockscreen Wallpapers
  • Swipe to remove notification Tweak by hansip87
  • Transparent / Clean notification area tweaks
  • ICS-theme Pattern Lockscreen
  • CRT-off animation
  • Roboto Fonts
  • 14 Statusbar Toggles by lidroid and partial theme from lactardjosh
  • Advanced Power Menu by untermensch
  • 5% battery mod with numbers (made with UOT)

Screenshots
Are attached
Battery life not typical
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-25-11-37-29.jpg
Views:	7126
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1221384   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-25-11-38-23.jpg
Views:	6522
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1221385   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-25-11-37-54.jpg
Views:	7218
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1221386   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-14-13-38-53.jpg
Views:	6214
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1221387  
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Mevordel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mevordel Ad-Free

28th June 2012, 03:17 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Arrow Downloads/Changes
Download / Changes
Latest: 1.5 - http://www.mediafire.com/?696502sh35shs2t
  • Switched to Holo Launcher
  • Updated Inka file manager
  • Made battery icon text blue
  • Fixed Google Talk
  • Cleaned Up/Fixed init.d scripts
  • Partially Disabled Stagefright in build.prop
  • Addon Pack - Look Below

1.4 - http://www.mediafire.com/?d6dp6nl0ch5u5ld
  • Updated SuperSU + Binary
  • Updated Hacker's Keyboard
  • Added more build.prop tweaks
  • Cleaned init.d scripts
  • Themed Settings.apk

1.3 - http://www.mediafire.com/?46gnq5n0xxj93cb
  • Removed Flash Player (broken)
  • Status bar color tweaks
  • Fixed some image stretching issues

1.2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?gjdpjvj4b7m185i
  • Added Swype and Mini Diary
  • Made progress bar blue to match theme

1.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?bzm84uy6hc64v9t
  • Removed hosts file
  • Added busybox
  • Added tweaks
  • Added languages
Initial version: http://www.mediafire.com/?ywuucm0w6rwhp6u

Addon Pack http://www.mediafire.com/?5way0wm0ngd5l1m
Version 1.0 Includes
  • Stock apps: Dual Clock, Days/Mini Diary, Swype, Email
  • Other Apps: Zeam Launcher, NS Tools
  • All of the stock ringtones/notification/ui sounds
  • Ad-free hosts file
If you only want some of these, just delete the ones you don't want from the zip before flashing. You will need to flash this zip in CWM after flashing the main zip. You must wait until after first boot (language, etc. selection) to install this addon pack!

Known Issues
If you are having media issues, change the rest of the lines in build.prop that mention 'stagefright' to false.

What To Look Forward To
Supercharged?
Device ID Hack
A little more theme work (wallpapers, progress bar)
Screenshot from power menu

Other Notes
Also thanks to dsixda for the amazing kitchen.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Mevordel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mevordel Ad-Free
28th June 2012, 05:17 AM |#3  
Flag Newport News, Virginia, United States
Thanks Meter: 12

Donate to Me
More
Looks awesome!!!

Sent From My ICS Galaxy Player Tab 5.O Using Tapatalk 2
28th June 2012, 05:39 AM |#4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 720

Donate to Me
More
awww lol damn beat me to it. i was working on a rom with the newest KPL firmware a while back but never finished it. i haven't tried yours yet but I would recommend you remove that hosts file IMO. people put hard work and most of all time into their apps and it sucks to not get ad revenue from all that.
28th June 2012, 05:50 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raishiro

awww lol damn beat me to it. i was working on a rom with the newest KPL firmware a while back but never finished it. i haven't tried yours yet but I would recommend you remove that hosts file IMO. people put hard work and most of all time into their apps and it sucks to not get ad revenue from all that.

True... but there are people (like me) who have no way to pay for the premium apps even if they wanted to. I guess I'll remove it - if people really want it, it's not too hard to put back. (edit: that is, individually)
28th June 2012, 08:27 AM |#6  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Wink
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1353903 Can you add this tweaks ? i flash it and it gives me 250 points in Quadrant and much more free ram...i have always about 210mb ram free
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgpreece For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sgpreece Ad-Free
28th June 2012, 08:29 AM |#7  
Flag Makati/Doha
Thanks Meter: 20

More
thanks for this will try it out later.
28th June 2012, 10:19 AM |#8  
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 219

More
I like it..everything works for now but why did you exclude samsung aps from stock rom like samsung keybord and swipe ...they are much better then this in the rom..also samsung diary and some other..

Sent from my YP-G70 using XDA
28th June 2012, 10:20 AM |#9  
Flag Prague

More
thats very cool, really good job I was affraid that development for 5.0 stops, because no one puts here nothing new
can you tell me, what languages it supports?
its based on french/italy firmware that doesnt have support of czech or russian? am I right or it has?

thanx a lot I'll try it today
28th June 2012, 11:03 AM |#10  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyle

thats very cool, really good job I was affraid that development for 5.0 stops, because no one puts here nothing new
can you tell me, what languages it supports?
its based on french/italy firmware that doesnt have support of czech or russian? am I right or it has?

thanx a lot I'll try it today

I tryed it, its amazing rom but unfortunately it doesn't contains czech language ;(
28th June 2012, 02:50 PM |#11  
Flag Prague

More
I have tried it ROM is very good. Everything works. But I will probably go back to Eryigit GB-2.3.6 G70ZCKPA because it supports more laguages. If you will find a way to add slovan languages gonna be happy to move to your ROM. Tanks for your job
p.s. I had a feeling that this rom is a little bit slower than the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgpreece

I tryed it, its amazing rom but unfortunately it doesn't contains czech language ;(

As for me using a ROM in english is not such a big problem, but when you have an ability to use your device in native language its much more pleasant now I am configuring Eryigit rom 2.0 a little bit for myself. This ROM supports czech and russian. Yesturday I installed there a mix of John_2k2 and iJimaniac themes. It needs to be fixed, but it works at least. It looks very similar to this ROM''s ICS theme
maybe in nearest future I will try to add there advanced power menu and another toggle bar. If I will make it I can send it to you, so we can have all good features in native languages. but its a question of struggeling with my lazyness
The Following User Says Thank You to Assyle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Assyle Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)