FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] EasyWP7Updater - Easy CAB sender with a GUI (Open source, more devs needed)

473 posts
Thanks Meter: 311

Post Reply Email Thread
EasyWP7Updater

Hello hackers!
Earlier today I started working on a project that should make updating Windows Phones via cabs easier. It's called EasyWP7Updater. Currently only manual cab sending is enabled, you can grab cabs from the official update list thread or if you have a custom rom, your rom author might offer customization cabs.

Downloads: https://github.com/jessenic/EasyWP7Updater/downloads

Bug Reports and Feature Requests: https://github.com/jessenic/EasyWP7Updater/issues

Source code: https://github.com/jessenic/EasyWP7Updater/tree/

Future homepage: http://jessenic.github.com/EasyWP7Updater/

Please test and report all bugs you might find either responding to this thread or by posting them on the Issues page on Github. Feature requests are also welcome.

In the future I'll allow ROM builders to add cabs in the app, stay tuned!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Version 1.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.71 MB, 1485 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jessenic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jessenic Ad-Free

28th June 2012, 11:29 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Dub V
Thanks Meter: 1,122

Donate to Me
More
I'll definitely hop on board to help =)

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snickler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2012, 04:17 AM |#3  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 70

More
What the difference between xboxmod's cab sender and your?
29th June 2012, 06:03 AM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 415

More
will this app relock the phone when after updated?

xmod cab sender has this problem.
29th June 2012, 08:22 AM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,921

More
Really, @Magpir?!? That's just a matter of the CAB itself. It has nothing to do with the CAB sender. You'd get the same behavior if you update manually using any CAB sender, or if you update using the official Zune mechanism. It's already known what causes the re-lock (the "prevent relock" registry values that normally have the MS server where you phone checks its expected lock setting are restored by this update). It's also known how to avoid the problem (http://windowsphonehacker.com/articl...ution-06-28-12).

@jessenic: Nice project! Are you planning to include "fake an update just to take a backup" as a feature? It would be nice to narrow down the number of apps needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
29th June 2012, 08:58 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Nice project! Are you planning to include "fake an update just to take a backup" as a feature? It would be nice to narrow down the number of apps needed.

Possible in the future, it's open source so you could start working on that too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless guy

What the difference between xboxmod's cab sender and your?

At the moment there is no big difference, but in the future my app will let you download cabs from ms servers in a simple way too.
The Following User Says Thank You to jessenic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jessenic Ad-Free
29th June 2012, 04:51 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Northern California
Thanks Meter: 619

Donate to Me
More
Just tried it, and it works fantastic! Although, similar to other senders, this one should be easy and familiar to those who do not hack much. This makes it much simpler.

Since it's open source, are you allowing people to include it in other archives? I've downloaded and compressed the updates, added cab sender, then uploaded it for easy installation. Can I do that with this if I give you credit?

Thanks for your hard work. Great Job!
29th June 2012, 05:00 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport

Just tried it, and it works fantastic! Although, similar to other senders, this one should be easy and familiar to those who do not hack much. This makes it much simpler.

Since it's open source, are you allowing people to include it in other archives? I've downloaded and compressed the updates, added cab sender, then uploaded it for easy installation. Can I do that with this if I give you credit?

Thanks for your hard work. Great Job!

We are adding automatic download for all OS versions, it detects the one on phone and shows latest versions and tells the user how to check which language packs are installed. That's the plan at least.
The Following User Says Thank You to jessenic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jessenic Ad-Free
29th June 2012, 05:07 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Northern California
Thanks Meter: 619

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenic

We are adding automatic download for all OS versions, it detects the one on phone and shows latest versions and tells the user how to check which language packs are installed. That's the plan at least.

That's even better, thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperSport For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SuperSport Ad-Free
29th June 2012, 07:37 PM |#10  
Inactive Recognized Developer
St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 2,051

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpir

will this app relock the phone when after updated?

xmod cab sender has this problem.

It solely depends on how ROM packages are built. Have you noticed "Shadows" tab in DSM editor?
29th June 2012, 08:37 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What the heck is this?
Maybe my brain is still asleep but how the hell do you execute this? There is no file to run it. All I'm seeing is uncompiled VB files.

!update!
Wow what a bad setup on the download page. So I guess I had to source download but still it's pretty confusing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)