Except that patent is still pending.

30th June 2012, 03:21 AM |#22  
Flag Cold Lake
Thanks Meter: 802

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyman

Except that patent is still pending.

which is fine...but proves apple is guilty of the same shenanigans they claim other for. they always have been...apples always stole ideas.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
30th June 2012, 03:21 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke

yea well google has a little unplayed card in its pocket. "notification pulldown"

bring it apple. these lawsuits are killing apple, i alone know at least 8-10 apple converts that are now proud gs3 and/or hox owners....now they HATE apple.

Unfortunately I know NONE. all my friends r isheep. I enjoy my iPod touch for music, as far as a phone goes its android all the way. I hate to paint people with a broad brush. And I genuinely think iPhone was super innovative, but I always seem to group iPhone users as people who want a dumbed down smart phone. It's like they get bamboozled, and overcharged, but don't care, it's apple, it's gotta be good right ?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to patstock11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift patstock11 Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 03:38 AM |#24  
Flag Cold Lake
Thanks Meter: 802

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patstock11

Unfortunately I know NONE. all my friends r isheep. I enjoy my iPod touch for music, as far as a phone goes its android all the way. I hate to paint people with a broad brush. And I genuinely think iPhone was super innovative, but I always seem to group iPhone users as people who want a dumbed down smart phone. It's like they get bamboozled, and overcharged, but don't care, it's apple, it's gotta be good right ?

dude thats exactly their mentality you nailed it! the people i know are somewhat tech savvy as were all in the avionics industry. i think initially they went iphone early on, and ill admit 3-4 years ago apple was making a higher quality device, though i chose winmo because of the modding....then came to android around the 1.6donut release and havent looked back. now that these guys' 3 year contracts were finally up....they were into android...as apple hasnt really changed all that much and after seeing my hox....they were "bamboozled" :D

right now though is a time when alot of canadians are coming off contracts from the 3gs 3 year term....and i think alot are looking at alternatives.

30th June 2012, 03:53 AM |#25  
Flag Post Falls
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Since android/ google is open source the notification pulldown is open for distribution, and null and void on anything they can about it being used

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to robertmoore208 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robertmoore208 Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 03:54 AM |#26  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Every dog has its day, for the time being that dog is Apple. but i can tell you this, it is on its final leg and very soon consumers will realise that there is a superior os (android) out there that will liberate them in every way when it comes to what they want to do with their device. Take for example Nokia, it had its day and now it's pretty much done (although it's making a little comeback thanks to Windows).

Long live the One X
30th June 2012, 04:05 AM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veliksam

Every dog has its day, for the time being that dog is Apple. but i can tell you this, it is on its final leg and very soon consumers will realise that there is a superior os (android) out there that will liberate them in every way when it comes to what they want to do with their device. Take for example Nokia, it had its day and now it's pretty much done (although it's making a little comeback thanks to Windows).

Long live the One X

The funny thing is. The iPhone users I know don't feel restricted. They do t feel like they r missing anything. Sheep. The iPhone does everything they need. Facebook, email, text. It was built for 16 yr old girls. And old people who find tech hard to grasp

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patstock11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift patstock11 Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 04:06 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirchik

Apple is going to destroy itself with all this. Human curiosity is going to be their downfall. When one person goes after another person gossip happens. Well same thing with companies. And cuz of human curiosity iOS users will switch over to Android to find out what the big deal is. Apple is almost self destructive. I left apple iOS devices because of their take it or leave it attitude.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

really? you left apple because they are suing people because they steal their ideas and make pathetic attempt to duplicate their products?
How would you like to work on a game or an application for years, release it, start making money and then have some ****tards a month later making exactly the same thing and try to market it and sell it as their's?
I own everything apple, including my 4s, but I use a one x as well because I love the design and the way it feels.
So I think samsung ripped apple? sure they did, they all have, before June 2007 no one knew what a smart phone was. same with the ipod, the ipad, the imac, the macbook air, have you seen all the wannabes that trying to make them look the same?

/flame on
30th June 2012, 04:10 AM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonsector

really? you left apple because they are suing people because they steal their ideas and make pathetic attempt to duplicate their products?
How would you like to work on a game or an application for years, release it, start making money and then have some ****tards a month later making exactly the same thing and try to market it and sell it as their's?
I own everything apple, including my 4s, but I use a one x as well because I love the design and the way it feels.
So I think samsung ripped apple? sure they did, they all have, before June 2007 no one knew what a smart phone was. same with the ipod, the ipad, the imac, the macbook air, have you seen all the wannabes that trying to make them look the same?

/flame on

Apple invented the smart phone ? Just bc u didnt know what a smart phone was prior to 2007 doesn't mean others didn't.

30th June 2012, 04:15 AM |#30  

More
Again I know the iPhone was revolutionary. But please. Apple is the bank robber who wants all other robbers to pay dues.

The Following User Says Thank You to patstock11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift patstock11 Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 04:23 AM |#31  
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonsector

/flame on

Wait a minute. Get your facts straight. Apple didn't invent/create half this stuff. It was all just marketing that got them this fame. Theyre devices are decent I admit but theyre far from innovative in recent times and they know it. Hence the lawsuits. Samsung copies? The Galaxy S3 is one of the most superior devices on the market at the moment. Not sure what ur on about

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)