FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Deleted thread

282 posts
Thanks Meter: 288

By friend.evil, Senior Member on 30th June 2012, 07:35 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
The Thread is deleted
The Following 145 Users Say Thank You to friend.evil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift friend.evil Ad-Free

30th June 2012, 08:41 PM |#2  
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 661

More
Everyone that uses this guide should make sure to hit the thanks button for friend.evil, I know it was hard work making this guide and watching this thread to make sure everyone that needs help gets it.

Nice write up. Question, when you get s-off from unlimited.io do you still have an official hboot or is it a modified unlimited.io hboot?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Will32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Will32 Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 09:16 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut

More
unlimited.io hboot

but this is the first time i write a thread so hope hope no one has any problems
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to friend.evil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift friend.evil Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 09:38 PM |#4  
Flag Benton
Thanks Meter: 661

More
The reason I wondered if it was a modified hboot is because if you use the writesecreflag command to s-on with an "unofficial" hboot, it will brick the device. The safest thing to do in my opinion is to flash an official hboot after getting s-off just incase you don't remember this when you want s-on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Will32 Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 09:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
D_ Back to S-ON

1_Go to fastboot
2_Type fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
3_fastboot reboot-bootloader

^DONT
unless you wanna brick ur device..
its like this.. the hboot is still revolutionary, not stock.. if u use SON on it, the device will brick, and since you have soff, theres no way of reviving the device except for jtagging.
SON trick only works on stock bootloader.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Troll For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Troll Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 09:50 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Troll

D_ Back to S-ON

1_Go to fastboot
2_Type fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
3_fastboot reboot-bootloader

^DONT
unless you wanna brick ur device..
its like this.. the hboot is still revolutionary, not stock.. if u use SON on it, the device will brick, and since you have soff, theres no way of reviving the device except for jtagging.
SON trick only works on stock bootloader.

thank you for noticing fixed it
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to friend.evil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift friend.evil Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 09:56 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikdNoob

The reason I wondered if it was a modified hboot is because if you use the writesecreflag command to s-on with an "unofficial" hboot, it will brick the device. The safest thing to do in my opinion is to flash an official hboot after getting s-off just incase you don't remember this when you want s-on.

Dude you are right thank you for noticing

fixed
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to friend.evil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift friend.evil Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 11:41 AM |#8  
Flag Pilsen - The City of Beer :)
Thanks Meter: 324

More
Nice post.
Maybe in the B section could be info about using ADB and fastboot+the files.

And also exist another recovery then CWM (4-EXT touch...)

And also in B section should be in step 14 "same methods from 10->14" not from the 1. step

Also what I read, with the unlimited method the bootloader will be locked back after S-OFF
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benik3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Benik3 Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 12:20 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benik3

Nice post.
Maybe in the B section could be info about using ADB and fastboot+the files.

And also exist another recovery then CWM (4-EXT touch...)

And also in B section should be in step 14 "same methods from 10->14" not from the 1. step

Also what I read, with the unlimited method the bootloader will be locked back after S-OFF

thanks for helping but in htcdev they explain how to use them and who will care about locked when someone has s-off?

and he/she can get it back if he goes to htcdev.com and do the same methods( correct when he click yes the phone will freeze when you unlock using the token but take out the battery and put it back you will notice it's unlocked)
The Following User Says Thank You to friend.evil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift friend.evil Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 05:43 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I have a ICS Rom and I am rooted by using htcdev method.
Can I install the lee droid Rom and go straight into steps c and d ... ?
I thought for the wire trick I would need to have a stock ROM.. or re lock the boatloader ?

I wonder the easiest way to get s off ...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium
1st July 2012, 05:48 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly_k

I have a ICS Rom and I am rooted by using htcdev method.
Can I install the lee droid Rom and go straight into steps c and d ... ?
I thought for the wire trick I would need to have a stock ROM.. or re lock the boatloader ?

I wonder the easiest way to get s off ...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

it depends what is your hboot? and don't lock the bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to friend.evil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift friend.evil Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread