[ROM] Jelly Bean Gnex Port Alpha [6/30/12][v0] Discontinued

3,476 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,575

By siulmagic, Senior Member on 1st July 2012, 08:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
ANDROID MAISTER'S

PRESENTS

Jelly Bean Gnex Port

The Andromadus Team is working on Jb from source, best posible way to expirience jellybean as it should be, follow there progress/releases here

Here it is guys jb for our beloved g2, this rom is based on the gnex jellybean leak that we saw couple days ago, right now rom is as useless as the word could posibly describe it, the rom boots just fine, but it seems the launcher does not like being render in software mode so it crashes non stop, i tried other launcher they dotn seem to work ether, im just posting this so maybe someone else can help me, to ether get launcher working in software mode or getting egl acceleration working, for this will we mostlikely need a 3.0 kernel.

Again bare in mind this is pretty much useless, and its not much fun to use, untill we solv the launcher issue, dont expect this to be a daily driver any time soon

Working:
Touchscreen forgot to mention this
It renders and reaches lockscreen thats about it, im sure i can fix more, but theres no point if we cant get the launcher working.

Not working
mostly evrything

Screenshots

Download Link
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to siulmagic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift siulmagic Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 08:22 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Sparta
Thanks Meter: 1,044

Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by siulmagic

ANDROID MAISTER'S

PRESENTS

Jelly Bean Gnex Port

Here it is guys jb for our beloved g2, this rom is based on the gnex jellybean leak that we saw couple days ago, right now rom is as useless as the word could posibly describe it, the rom boots just fine, but it seems the launcher does not like being render in software mode so it crashes non stop, i tried other launcher they dotn seem to work ether, im just posting this so maybe someone else can help me, to ether get launcher working in software mode or getting egl acceleration working, for this will we mostlikely need a 3.0 kernel.

Again bare in mind this is pretty much useless, and its not much fun to use, untill we solv the launcher issue, dont expect this to be a daily driver any time soon

Working:
It renders and reaches lockscreen thats about it, im sur ei can fix more, but theres no point if we cant get the launcher working.

Not working
mostly evrything

Screenshots

Download Link

maybe replace launcher with a different launcher dude? cool port by the way
1st July 2012, 08:34 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bridgeport

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Android Manual

maybe replace launcher with a different launcher dude? cool port by the way

read description i did, it does not work, im guessing its jb was not meant to be used in software mode, thats why the launcher crashes.
1st July 2012, 08:35 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
I want to say that aside from the fact that it's on the DZ (which is a phone I own and use), the best thing about this thread are the advertisements on the bottom of the uploadhouse.com website.

1st July 2012, 08:42 AM |#5  
Flag Champaign
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless_

I want to say that aside from the fact that it's on the DZ (which is a phone I own and use), the best thing about this thread are the advertisements on the bottom of the uploadhouse.com website.

That's not nice of you at all....

The thread proves that, unlike what a lot of people who knows little to nothing about programming say, JB can be ported to the G2 and it can boot.

First thing first. Stuffs come later.

@siulmagic: awesome at least it boots!
1st July 2012, 09:00 AM |#6  
Flag porter ranch
Thanks Meter: 149

Donate to Me
More
@siulmagic dont sell yourself short! It takes a lot to get something like this to boot! I am sure after a while someone will get something else to work. Like taz , he is a great porter!
The Following User Says Thank You to jspina For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jspina Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 09:21 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bridgeport

Donate to Me
More
lol i did not see those ads on the website, will upload somewere else, my bad haha.
1st July 2012, 10:05 AM |#8  
Flag Holmby Hills, CA
Thanks Meter: 278

More
I knew it was only a matter of time, n they said this wasn't possible? Sure there's issues and bugs but its still in the alpha stage.
1st July 2012, 11:26 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Sparta
Thanks Meter: 1,044

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siulmagic

read description i did, it does not work, im guessing its jb was not meant to be used in software mode, thats why the launcher crashes.

oh, ok dude we'll think of some fix
1st July 2012, 11:51 AM |#10  
Flag Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 1,879

Donate to Me
More
Does touchscreen work?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to xT4Z1N4TRx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xT4Z1N4TRx Ad-Free
1st July 2012, 11:54 AM |#11  
Flag porter ranch
Thanks Meter: 149

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xT4Z1N4TRx

Does touchscreen work?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

yes. I just used it and was able to turn the phone on/off, pull the notification bar down, turn off/on the screen, and get to the recent apps screen. That is just about it. I didnt get any type of signal or data. and wasnt able to get to the settings from the statusbar.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)