198 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By cgardnervt, Senior Member on 2nd July 2012, 04:24 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
3rd July 2012, 01:47 PM |#21  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I'm gonna install chrome today and see if I can figure out a constant.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheWyzeMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheWyzeMan Ad-Free

3rd July 2012, 01:58 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Awesome! Let us know your finding. I am sure Samsung will send out an OTA at some point and time!
3rd July 2012, 02:31 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I've noticed mine flickering here and there, not the entire screen blinking ,but like real faint lines flickering, like a tv using a antenna with bad signal, I hope it's just a software thing, I'm already having to overlook the dark black ink problem...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
3rd July 2012, 05:01 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I also use swiftkey. I installed it mere minutes after getting the phone. If it is swift key causing the flickering I think it's worth it. Best keyboard I've ever used! I can't stand the stock Keyboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen1125 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stephen1125 Ad-Free
3rd July 2012, 06:52 PM |#25  

More
Yea mine flickers a lot too when using chrome inside tabs in landscape mode or using the xda app...anything with white and dark colors on display seems to trigger it, I've also noticed if I rub my finger across display it'll enhance the light flickering

3rd July 2012, 07:49 PM |#26  

More
In the display settings there's an option that's on by default that's called "auto adjust screen tone" I think it's the culprit for the screen flickering ...I disabled it and the screen seems brighter and I haven't noticed any flickering yet, fingers crossed...

The Following User Says Thank You to Raver27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raver27 Ad-Free
3rd July 2012, 07:51 PM |#27  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raver27

In the display settings there's an option that's on by default that's called "auto adjust screen tone" I think it's the culprit for the screen flickering ...I disabled it and the screen seems brighter and I haven't noticed any flickering yet, fingers crossed...

I can confirm that this worked for me. Now lets see what effect this has on battery life.
3rd July 2012, 10:12 PM |#28  

More
Yep we will see, hopefully not much different..

4th July 2012, 03:18 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Did this fix your guy's issues?

Just wondering!
4th July 2012, 03:21 PM |#30  

More
Yea it did, going on 24 hrs not 1 screen flicker..

The Following User Says Thank You to Raver27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raver27 Ad-Free
4th July 2012, 03:39 PM |#31  

More
I will add battery seems to take a bit of a hit with that setting disabled, but no flickering and the screen is a bit brighter , so it is what it is
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread