FORUMS

[A] Apps not available on market and cannot be installed manually

286 posts
Thanks Meter: 232

By arman68, Senior Member on 4th July 2012, 08:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
* * * This is a solution * * *

I recently changed my ROM, and as soon as done, started having lots of problems installing apps:

* the play store on my computer would report applications not available for my device, even though I had downloaded and installed them before

* the search in the phone play store application could not find those apps, and when given a direct link would show them as incompatible

* modded version of vending.apk failed to download with the following error: "app name" could not be downloaded due to an error. (942)

* trying to install the backed up apk manually gave me the error "Application not installed"

* restoring titanium backup failed and left the restore process hanging

* manually copying the apk to /system/app/ and fixing the permissions still did not show the app

I tried many things, different roms, different ril, different mods of Vending.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk, clearing data and cache, deleting files in .android_secure, etc, nothing worked. Searching the forum brought up many posts about other people with the same problem, but no working solution.

Finally, I found the solution: I was using the wrong gapps package!

The one I had flashed was for 2.3.2, my previous rom, whereas the new one was based on 2.3.7. It did not occur to me, that there could be enough changes to break market functionality, since I was sticking to gingerbread.

If you have the same problem, head to http://goo.im/gapps and pay close attention to the table matching the right google apps package to your android version. Download it, and flash through recovery.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arman68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arman68 Ad-Free
4th July 2012, 08:40 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I'm too. I recently change Pureness[Build 3 Released][ICS 4.0.4][Neo] Rom.
I can't download some app from Google Play : (: (
Please help me.

Sr my english is bad
4th July 2012, 10:35 AM |#3  

More
Please help me....

Which gapps i can flash ?
4th July 2012, 11:37 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 232

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by langtudongnai45

I'm too. I recently change Pureness[Build 3 Released][ICS 4.0.4][Neo] Rom.

You seem to be running ICS 4.0.4, and according to the table at http://goo.im/gapps you need to flash gapps-ics-20120429
The Following User Says Thank You to arman68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arman68 Ad-Free
4th July 2012, 11:45 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arman68

You seem to be running ICS 4.0.4, and according to the table at http://goo.im/gapps you need to flash gapps-ics-20120429

I flashed gapps-ics-20120429 but can't fix problem....
Please help me. Thanks
27th July 2012, 04:01 PM |#6  
Flag SALT LAKE CITY
Thanks Meter: 24

More
You are a genious
27th July 2012, 05:43 PM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 10,669

Donate to Me
More
What model is your phone?
And send me a copy of your ROM
That sounds like an issue within the ROM itself that's labeling your device as something it's not
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)