Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Still nothing huh? Just bought this phone and ready for rooting
3rd August 2012, 11:58 PM |#42  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

More
We still can't have our section? Is there some mod who has read this thread? Please, just open u8815/8818 section.. We desperatly need it on xda! Tnx!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda app-developers app
4th August 2012, 05:47 AM |#43  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 13

More
+1 seeing as there is no forum for this yet, i will leave my comment here... i fail to see why this phone is so cheap. . Great hw i have ics so great sw too... simmilar spec to my beloved hd2... had her 3 years and although i love her to bits, its time for retirement... had this phone 2 days now, tried to stress it with high graphic game's and she handles it like my hd2... i would recommend this over its simmilarly priced competitors (lower spec) and to be honest, even some of its higher priced competitors... its no htc one... but damn its good... i would easily (and happily) pay double the price for it... and still think i have a great deal... still early days yet, but so far nothing but praises... hurry up and get a forum up... modaco already has about 5 custom roms up and rooting guide... cmon xda, your meant to be the number 1 place to come for anything smartphone related... hope its up very soon... or i may have to make a www.g300-developers.com lol
5th August 2012, 12:44 AM |#44  
Flag Hertford
Thanks Meter: 77

More
+5 my colleagues have bought one each and I'm getting one for my parents so I'll have 5 to play with and root.
5th August 2012, 11:09 AM |#45  
OP Senior Member

More
Can someone provide unlock bootloader file link here? I know there is link in modaco, but i dont wanna pay for registration there...

Sent from my U8815 using xda app-developers app
5th August 2012, 01:39 PM |#46  
Flag bucharest
Thanks Meter: 12

More
First, you do not have to pay, just click the button under the two paid options and you will register for the free Modaco account. Second - this works perfectly, it would be really cool to also have the devs on xda working for G300 custom roms and stuff. Who knows, ICS is rock stable, maybe someone here can bring us JB?
5th August 2012, 08:43 PM |#47  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGR

First, you do not have to pay, just click the button under the two paid options and you will register for the free Modaco account. Second - this works perfectly, it would be really cool to also have the devs on xda working for G300 custom roms and stuff. Who knows, ICS is rock stable, maybe someone here can bring us JB?

Are u sure about ICS? Is it smooth enough? No bugs?

5th August 2012, 09:50 PM |#48  
Flag bucharest

More
Well, I cannot say much because I installed it just a few hours before my comment above, so let's say I have been using ICS on G300 for ~ 8-9 hours. From what I have seen so far, the phone is very responsive and it moves very, very well. I only installed Google Apps and 2-3 apps I usually use, so it is not filled with stuff, but at this point it moves so fast that a lot of my friends were shocked with this.

Changes B926 compared to B892 are:

-stock ICS backgound and theme - no more Huawei background and animations (I liked those though)
-the screen brightness can now be adjusted auto, not only manual
-camera menu has changed to stock ICS
-the sound quality is better (people hear me well now)
-I can finally hear the phone when it rings (with B892 I almost never heard it if it was in my pocket)

You need to install Google Maps manually, even if you install the gapps from the tutorial. Also, you will need to remove 2-3 chinese apps if you are not from China (dunno what they do, I suppose they are local online services or smth like that).

So far I have been very pleased with ICS on G300, tomorrow I will check how battery life compares to Gingerbread.
The Following User Says Thank You to TechGR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TechGR Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 12:19 AM |#49  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGR

Well, I cannot say much because I installed it just a few hours before my comment above, so let's say I have been using ICS on G300 for ~ 8-9 hours. From what I have seen so far, the phone is very responsive and it moves very, very well. I only installed Google Apps and 2-3 apps I usually use, so it is not filled with stuff, but at this point it moves so fast that a lot of my friends were shocked with this.

Changes B926 compared to B892 are:

-stock ICS backgound and theme - no more Huawei background and animations (I liked those though)
-the screen brightness can now be adjusted auto, not only manual
-camera menu has changed to stock ICS
-the sound quality is better (people hear me well now)
-I can finally hear the phone when it rings (with B892 I almost never heard it if it was in my pocket)

You need to install Google Maps manually, even if you install the gapps from the tutorial. Also, you will need to remove 2-3 chinese apps if you are not from China (dunno what they do, I suppose they are local online services or smth like that).

So far I have been very pleased with ICS on G300, tomorrow I will check how battery life compares to Gingerbread.

Tnx for detailed info! It's just what i needed! I will install b926 soon as possible! Can i ask u for info if i get stucked somewhere in process of flashing?

Cheers!

6th August 2012, 08:04 AM |#50  
Flag bucharest

More
Yes, you can ask me, no problem, just know that I followed that guide and everything went well.

I have been reading more on Modaco, and not everybody had a happy experience with ICS, dunno why. My experience is very good so far, some guys says it moves slower and stuff like that.
6th August 2012, 05:51 PM |#51  
Flag bucharest

More
Just a quick update, 18h43mins since last charge on ICS, and I am at 69% battery....Let's see if I can get 41-42h of calls, browsing and every day use like I did with Gingerbread No problems or bugs so far...
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread