FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Help to choose custom ROM for WT19i

712 posts
Thanks Meter: 105
 
By Maceee, Senior Member on 8th July 2012, 05:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone,

I just rooted my WT19i and unlocked bootloader. Because I'm absolutely new in custom ROMs I need your advice helping me to decide which of them I should install on my device. Which is the best?

BTW I already tried installing CM9 using ROM manager, but it said "Installing update..." , then the device rebooted ant stuck on "Sony Ericsson" logo... I had to flash firmware and root my phone again...
 
 
9th July 2012, 11:09 AM |#2  
ruscan.calin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceee

Hey everyone,

I just rooted my WT19i and unlocked bootloader. Because I'm absolutely new in custom ROMs I need your advice helping me to decide which of them I should install on my device. Which is the best?

BTW I already tried installing CM9 using ROM manager, but it said "Installing update..." , then the device rebooted ant stuck on "Sony Ericsson" logo... I had to flash firmware and root my phone again...

ROMs for this phone are buggy if you want one with all features working even walkman button try Hibroman (just ask for a link to download)
if you have unlocked bootloader you can see kernels like rage kernel with cpu governors this will increase/improve battery !

It's better to use phone-specific methods for flashing than ROM Manager (some got trouble by this way)

when flashing a ROM that requests to change bootloader be sure to flash it using a laptop on battery -it's better to protect from power problems if something is wrong when flashing bootloader your phone is bricked and only service tools can revive it !
never flash ROMs/ kernels not made for your phone -you are to experiment a hardware failure !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruscan.calin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ruscan.calin Ad-Free
9th July 2012, 01:44 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruscan.calin

ROMs for this phone are buggy if you want one with all features working even walkman button try Hibroman (just ask for a link to download)
if you have unlocked bootloader you can see kernels like rage kernel with cpu governors this will increase/improve battery !

It's better to use phone-specific methods for flashing than ROM Manager (some got trouble by this way)

when flashing a ROM that requests to change bootloader be sure to flash it using a laptop on battery -it's better to protect from power problems if something is wrong when flashing bootloader your phone is bricked and only service tools can revive it !
never flash ROMs/ kernels not made for your phone -you are to experiment a hardware failure !

Thanks! I guess I'll try installing this ROM and kernel when I have enough time. And two more questions: if I flashed another firmware my bootloader will be locked again and which version of Hybroman should I use?
9th July 2012, 01:52 PM |#4  
ruscan.calin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceee

Thanks! I guess I'll try installing this ROM and kernel when I have enough time. And two more questions: if I flashed another firmware my bootloader will be locked again and which version of Hybroman should I use?

nope your bootloader is not touched by flashing a custom ROM
indeed in some cases you have to flash separately a different bootloader so you can use that custom rom (in fact the problem is that bootloader will not give a chance to that kernel to load into memory -it's about a kind of protection)
wich version ? well as you see that thread is a very long one (and that's a sign of a good one ..) but no links in first post but just ask them your question and you get a link surely
31st July 2012, 11:59 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
try real ics 5.1 with krsh kernel... its really nice on my wt19i
20th August 2012, 01:22 PM |#6  
Did u wipe custom data and cache....???
Did u flash the .img file???
If u didn't then ur phone gets stuck at SE logo...
CM9 is ICS based so first
1. flash ICS
2. flash boot.img file (instde cm-9.0.0-coconut.zip)
3. Enter recovery (turn off ur phone and turn it on by pressing volume down key.)
4. wipe custom data and device cache
5. install cm-9.0.0-coconut.zip
6. reboot...

Ur CM9 will work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes