[ROM] CM7 - CM9 Porting for Droid Pro

Search This thread

Industrial

Read the whole thing first. NOT MY FAULT IF YOU MESS UP SOMETHING

New Cm7 relase 6/06/2012
now it's for "every day use"!

CM7: http://www.mediafire.com/?jx7mcedrwyvfjo7
Gapps: http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

requires Root and GB update, with froyo 2.2 not work!!
1) Install Droid2 Bootstrap (http://www.mediafire.com/?g8l7vy0futbc4g5)
2) Go in to recovery mode with Bootstrap
3) Do factory reset
4) Flash the zip with Cyanogenmod 7
5) Flash Gapps file
6) Restart phone and enjoy CM7

New Cm9 relase 18/06/2012

CM9: http://www.mediafire.com/?5e3vdgif1agyiko
Gapps: http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

This is taken from the D2G forum a method to switch to GSM:
The Testing screen that is mentioned below is to open the dialer, and dial *#*#4646#*#*

"The best way to switch the network type is to enable airplane mode, head to the Testing screen, switch to CDMA auto (PRL), then disable airplane mode, and choose WCDMA preferred in the Mobile networks settings (not in the Testing menu) under Settings -> (Click More) -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> Then your Network Type."

Pretty much everything except for

Tethering (Might work with a app from the Market)
Panorama Mode
Video Recorder
We even have charging while off!

Install:
3) Do factory reset
4) Flash the zip with Cyanogenmod 9
5) Flash Gapps file
6) Restart phone and enjoy CM9

Thanks to JackpotClavin to hard work!! KEEP ALIVE THE DROID PRO :good::good:

Last edited:

ronz2000

Jan 15, 2007
unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped

After i flashed the droid pro rom as suggested, and after restarting the phone, i keep getting this error "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped"

Please help

When i switch to Aeroplane mode the error stops, but when i switch the radio on it comes back

Last edited:

Industrial

For GSM user

After i flashed the droid pro rom as suggested, and after restarting the phone, i keep getting this error "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped"

Please help

When i switch to Aeroplane mode the error stops, but when i switch the radio on it comes back

for gsm user on cm9 to enable gsm:
49920d1336631868-aosp-4-0-4-cdma-gummy-1-2-0-5-9-12-beta-enabling-gsm-ics.jpg

be quick, but you can

ronz2000

Jan 15, 2007

be quick, but you can

Thanks, ICS slow/ heats up my fone, i tried flashing with the CM7 update as it seems like a better build, CWM shows that the fone is flashed but wen i reboot, the fone is stuck after the red droid animation dissappears, just a blank dimly lit black screen... help, i dont wanna get back to ICS

Industrial

Thanks, ICS slow/ heats up my fone, i tried flashing with the CM7 update as it seems like a better build, CWM shows that the fone is flashed but wen i reboot, the fone is stuck after the red droid animation dissappears, just a blank dimly lit black screen... help, i dont wanna get back to ICS

you can try with this procedure:
enter in cwm,
wipe system
wipe data
wipe data/factory reset
wipe data/factory reset
install from zip the cm7 file
install gapps cm7
wipe data/factory reset
reboot

Schallstoerer

Feb 10, 2011
very nice work! now i´m on CM7 with my pro.
but got a little problem!
originaly i´ve qwertz layout but actually it´s qwerty...so i guess i´ve only to change
the keychars and keylayout...but i cant find the files for CM7...i got only for GB 2.3.4 but the names are a little bit different!
anybody an idea what i have to change or maybe working files?!
thanks in advance

ronz2000

Jan 15, 2007
you can try with this procedure:
enter in cwm,
wipe system
wipe data
wipe data/factory reset
wipe data/factory reset
install from zip the cm7 file
install gapps cm7
wipe data/factory reset
reboot

Thanks man! You guys have been really helpful, the CM7 flash failed so i went back to CM9 and just did all of the above and also entered in CWM and in advanced i did the fix permissions and my fone works like a gem, absolutely no problems, even my battery lasts longer than it did earlier, THe fone is just amazing now, a special thanks to the dev team... you guys are the best

Schallstoerer

Feb 10, 2011
i fixed my problem with the different keylayout qwerty to qwertz

Steps in Root Explorer:

go to /system/usr/keylayout
open cdma_venus2-keypad.kl with "Text Editor" and change line "key 21 Y" to "key 21 Z" the same with line "key 44 Z" to "key 44 Y" go back and save it...Root Explorer automatically does a backup of the original file!
now you have to do the same in qwery.kl in this folder and save it!
at the end you need only to reboot.

does anybody know how to change the dollar symbol $ to the euro € sign...i guess i have to change something in the /keychars - folder?!

Update 30th July 2012
The steps described above aren´t a final solution because the number "6" and the symbol "_" were changed also...
in my holidays i fixed that and i solved the problem with the €-Sign as well! so now i have a final keylayout for everybody who whants to have qwertz layout!
copy the files in the attached archive in the specific folder using root explorer ore something similar and set the permissions to rw-r--r--.

Attachments

• CM7_qwertz.rar
    2.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

tragikomix

Mar 15, 2012
so,i flashed my german phone today.

+german language
+fast as hell

-no QWERTZ layout yet
-no business encryption like in orginal rom,so only works for no corporate use.

upgrading from 2.2.2 makes really sense with this rom,but please fix the keypad layout for us germans :)

how can i stop apps from rotating? thx in advanced.

Industrial

+german language
+fast as hell

-no QWERTZ layout yet

upgrading from 2.2.2 makes really sense with this rom,but please fix the keypad layout for us germans :)

you can stop apps rotating in option cyanogemod..
for quertz:

Steps in Root Explorer:

open cdma_venus2-keypad.kl with "Text Editor" and change line "key 21 Y" to "key 21 Z" the same with line "key 44 Z" to "key 44 Y" go back and save it...Root Explorer automatically does a backup of the original file!
thanks to Schallstoerer

how to get cyanogen mod recovery by this?

i see no step featuring the installation of that!

do i need this for cm9 from this source?

what does with -mac- mean?

MAC address fix inside it so your MAC address will not change on every reboot. If you have not done this yet, it may help with connecting to your internet as your router doesn't get clogged up giving out a new IP address every time your disconnect from wifi. In order to "activate" the MAC address fix, simply go into the terminal emulator app, typing "su" (without the quotes) then typing "mac-address-fix.sh" (without the quotes). A bunch of weird symbols should come up, but that's normal.

What this does is it auto-generates and writes your permanent MAC address to a file called called nvs_map.bin under /data/misc/wifi/nvs_map.bin. It will remain there and your MAC address will remain the same unless you wipe your /data whereas you will simply have to redo it

Watch this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-pro-roms/198354-6-18-12-cm9-ics-droid-pro.html

when the phone is at the red M logo when it's booting up, the LED will flash blue for a second. If you happen to press the volume rocker down when it's blue, it will take you to a boot menu which from there you can select Recovery -> Clockwork recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: hashtowent

tragikomix

Mar 15, 2012
is there a way to use the orginal keylayout and keychar files from 2.2.2?would be the easiest way to fix the keyboard problem !

tragikomix

Mar 15, 2012
keylayout/keychars from 2.2.2 didnt work. can somebody offer the keylayout/keychar from a german pro+? maybe this is fitting....

ronz2000

Jan 15, 2007
Network Bar

I have a question...

I have flashed CM9 on my droid, and everything works fine except for the signal shows only 2 bars at all time, is there a fix for this?

Last edited:

hashtowent

Jun 26, 2008
near Stuttgart
Lenovo P11
i experienced this too, try setting signal in statusbar to "show in dbm" , settings, cyanogenmod, statusbar.

does the value change or is it reported wrong? - if so, its working but the signalstrange report is defective.

can't test this now, as i'm back on cm7, as phone and flash work properly there!

one question:

why can't google maps locate me using my gps, whilst "gps status" shows proper coordinates?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read the whole thing first. NOT MY FAULT IF YOU MESS UP SOMETHING

New Cm7 relase 6/06/2012
    now it's for "every day use"!

CM7: http://www.mediafire.com/?jx7mcedrwyvfjo7
    Gapps: http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

3) Do factory reset
    4) Flash the zip with Cyanogenmod 7
    5) Flash Gapps file
    6) Restart phone and enjoy CM7

New Cm9 relase 18/06/2012

CM9: http://www.mediafire.com/?5e3vdgif1agyiko
    Gapps: http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

This is taken from the D2G forum a method to switch to GSM:
    The Testing screen that is mentioned below is to open the dialer, and dial *#*#4646#*#*

"The best way to switch the network type is to enable airplane mode, head to the Testing screen, switch to CDMA auto (PRL), then disable airplane mode, and choose WCDMA preferred in the Mobile networks settings (not in the Testing menu) under Settings -> (Click More) -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> Then your Network Type."

Pretty much everything except for

Tethering (Might work with a app from the Market)
    Panorama Mode
    Video Recorder
    We even have charging while off!

Install:
    3) Do factory reset
    4) Flash the zip with Cyanogenmod 9
    5) Flash Gapps file
    6) Restart phone and enjoy CM9

Thanks to JackpotClavin to hard work!! KEEP ALIVE THE DROID PRO :good::good:
    For GSM user

Please help

be quick, but you can
    In CM9:

1. to fix the 2 lines signal bar problem:

- edit build.prop (with root explorer or es explorer) and add the following lines:
      Code:
      # old ril switchs: signalstrength,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,skipbrokendatacall
      ro.telephony.ril.v3=skipbrokendatacall,signalstrength
      ro.telephony.ril_class=MotoWrigley3GRIL
      - then save, restart phone and problem should be fixed.
    2. to fix gsm signal in a more "polite" way (instead of entering that long code in flight mode and fight with menus):

- edit build.prop (with root explorer or es explorer) and update this keys:

Code:
      ro.ril.def.preferred.network =
      ro.telephony.default_network =

with

# 0 = WCDMA Perfered
      # 1 = GSM Only
      # 2 = WCDMA Only
      # 3 = GSM/WCDMA (auto mode, according to PRL) (this one works!)
      # 4 = CDMA / EVDO. Perfered

If you find only one key on your build.prop files, then change only that one.

I have CM9 working in DROID PRO and the only thing with problems is video recording, everything else works good.

I recomend using PIMP_MY_ROM to tweak performance and battery things.

Cheers,
    Pablo.-

Source: grupoandroid com

+german language
    +fast as hell

-no QWERTZ layout yet

you can stop apps rotating in option cyanogemod..
    for quertz:

Steps in Root Explorer:

thanks to Schallstoerer

how to get cyanogen mod recovery by this?

i see no step featuring the installation of that!

do i need this for cm9 from this source?

what does with -mac- mean?

MAC address fix inside it so your MAC address will not change on every reboot. If you have not done this yet, it may help with connecting to your internet as your router doesn't get clogged up giving out a new IP address every time your disconnect from wifi. In order to "activate" the MAC address fix, simply go into the terminal emulator app, typing "su" (without the quotes) then typing "mac-address-fix.sh" (without the quotes). A bunch of weird symbols should come up, but that's normal.

What this does is it auto-generates and writes your permanent MAC address to a file called called nvs_map.bin under /data/misc/wifi/nvs_map.bin. It will remain there and your MAC address will remain the same unless you wipe your /data whereas you will simply have to redo it

Watch this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-pro-roms/198354-6-18-12-cm9-ics-droid-pro.html

when the phone is at the red M logo when it's booting up, the LED will flash blue for a second. If you happen to press the volume rocker down when it's blue, it will take you to a boot menu which from there you can select Recovery -> Clockwork recovery