[ROM] [2012/07/18] AOKP Milestone 6 [unofficial]

Search This thread

karoodee

Aug 10, 2010
whats the main diferences between IceCold and this rom ?

the profiles .. and .. ?

• No Honeycomb Battery Style
  • No Profiles
  • No SMS Gestures
  • No bigger refresh times in E-Mail-App
  • No Camera burst mode
  • ... probably a few things more

As you see these are features not present in official AOKP ROM and are merged in by the IceColdAOKP team. So if you are looking for these features - use IceColdAOKP! :)

Reactions: TUN_SD

ruizit0

Dec 4, 2007
ok thanks for the information

i like that features...

i dont like bloated roms like viper and others...

but that little features are handy on a daily use ...

keep up the good work ...

LorD ClockaN

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Veli Losinj
www.losinj.com
device trees aren't mine.. they are a collection of trip's, intersection and teanndvru

this rom has the same stuff what our build7 has except mileston 6 naming :D
but it lacks some features that we added

ruizit0

Dec 4, 2007
maybe you can all join forces and build an aokp better and faster for ours hox instead of releasing several versions of same rom :|

just my 2 cent

Sh0X31

Mar 27, 2010
Frankfurt am Main
Hi,

Nice AOKP-Rom but I have two problems. First the battery drain problem (compatible with AOKP)? Second Problem is i can't move widgets on my Homescreen -.-. If I move them a lil bit they go back their place (place at the moment).

Last edited:

theDroidfanatic

Apr 24, 2012
Jeddah
www.twitter.com
Hi,

Nice AOKP-Rom but I have two problems. First the battery drain problem (compatible with AOKP)? Second Problem is i can't move widgets on my Homescreen -.-. If I move them a lil bit they go back their place (place at the moment).

Perhaps you resized them to be so big that there isnt enough space for em? Also, some widgets take up more space than their size, like a widget may have a size of 3x3, but it might take up a space of 4x4, but leave out some area around the border. That may be the cause. Or just reinstall the rom without a wipe and fastboot erase cache, fastboot flash boot boot.img, and fastboot erase cache again, should work :)

Hit thanks too :cool:

Sent from my HTC One X

karoodee

Aug 10, 2010
Reactions: theDroidfanatic

jeanmarce

Oct 23, 2008
strasbourg
karoodee

@karoodee

hello I have installed your rom I love a true pocket rocket with GPS tweak the install ever seen on a quick fix CM9 thank you for the work done for a good rom:good:;)

karoodee

Aug 10, 2010
@ karoodee

hello you stop the developement of this rom:rolleyes:

Why should I? Or was that a question?
There are no new AOKP build as they are preparing to build on top of JB. As long as there is no new AOKP release or any bugs that need/can be fixed there will be no new release. The last update was 4 days ago btw. How often do YOU get patches for software that's working well?

I'm not saying that this is bug free, but as long as I don't notice or someone reports any I don't see what can be done here...

jeanmarce

Oct 23, 2008
strasbourg
karoodee

@ karoodee

hello yes it was a question not a bug but yes you could optimize the rom to make it faster and fluid;)

I test rom jB is not very pretty there not even in the task bar icons data.gps.wifi switch that I find attractive about your rom CM9

Last edited:

karoodee

Aug 10, 2010
So, what Google Apps do I download from that Wiki site?
Latest ICS GApps will do

@ karoodee

hello yes it was a question not a bug but yes you could optimize the rom to make it faster and fluid;)

I test rom jB is not very pretty there not even in the task bar icons data.gps.wifi switch that I find attractive about your rom CM9

Are you experiencing lags? You could try another kernel if you like, just repack and don't forget to flash the modules - you could also use one from the kernel repack thread for AOKP/IceColdAOKP ROMs

As soon as the AOKP Team releases their first JB-Based Build I'll try to port it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not discouraging development but man, I really really wish people would work together and come up with - in the very least - an "official" AOSP/AOKP XDA ROM. Not CM9, not Trip's (no offense Trip) not any other variant.

Just get together and work on fixes together. These AOKP ROMs all over the place are confusing a lot of people. :(
    Hi!

I wanted a 'stock' AOKP Build and couldn't find so I tried and built one...

Thanks to LorDClockaN (IceColdAOKP) for the device specific files and the vendor setup for AOKP.

So you get a pure AOKP synced with the latest AOKP changes with device specific fixes for the One X.

Changelog
    same as AOKP - plus:
    - Fixed Black-Screen on rotation
    - Fixed button timeout (fix by tbalden)

2012/07/18
    - Fixed some issues with Camera/Videorecording

I want to keep the main packages the same as in AOKP and just integrate device specific fixes - so no added features

Installation
    1. Flash ROM
    2. Flash GApps
    3. Reboot into fastboot
    4. Flash boot.img via fastboot (fastboot flash boot boot.img)
    5. Reboot

Bonus: No wipe required when you are currently on IceColdAOKP ;-)

Downloads
    Download (in sync with AOKP Milestone 6)
    GApps can be found here
    Sources and Changes/Commits can be found here

I recommend flashing the GPS tweak from here
    But icedcold is pure aokp? What makes this different?

IceCold has some features added that are not (or at least not now) in AOKP - like profiles for example...
    Not being funny here and apologies if you think i am having a dig but you need to write abit more info on what you are sharing here...first you can give us even a tiny changelog please and if so as well few screenshots....

cause you are sharing something in the development section so as far as i know you can be sharing anything...so it is for the benefit of us the users who want to download this and also for the safety of your back so at least you showed the user what they are actually flashing on there phones...

and welcome it is always nice to have more roms but if you can add the above to the OP you will be good to go and hoping for more AOKP magic
    Not discouraging development but man, I really really wish people would work together and come up with - in the very least - an "official" AOSP/AOKP XDA ROM. Not CM9, not Trip's (no offense Trip) not any other variant.

Just get together and work on fixes together. These AOKP ROMs all over the place are confusing a lot of people. :(

As there are lot of AOKP roms so are Sense ROMs like ARHD, Viper etc. Why dont you ask them to work together also instead of just singling out AOKP?

No offense just suggesting.