[NEWS] New Sony XPERIA Tablet Availability (All News/Details Here)

Search This thread

take55

Oct 1, 2008
How about the Tegra3 processor - is it an up-to-date version or the old one? Would definitely want increased speed when upgrading from my Tablet S.

sebasgl1

Aug 31, 2011
Well looks like the notice get to androidcentral and xperiablog... they get the slide from the cache and posted in they page... finally i saw the tablet... look very interesting but the folded part looks weird... another thing I didn't like it was the own connector but all accessories looks great

Sent from my Arc S using Tapatalk 2

Fluxman

Apr 9, 2011
Vancouver
IR Macro Support

Did anyone else notice in the slides that the new Tablet will have support for macro controls in the IR app? Can someone see an update to the Tablet S with this support? ;)

Fluxman

Apr 9, 2011
Vancouver

The IR Blaster. Currently on the Tablet S, you can only control one device at a time with one button press. The Macro mode allows you to turn on your TV, cable box and stereo and set them right all with one button press (ala Logitech Harmony Remotes). This would make the Tablet S way more usable in the living room as a remote.

Reactions: ck_jun

sebasgl1

Aug 31, 2011
wow... that would be awesome... maybe this is not only a nice update... maybe this mean a compatibility and native integration with sony's google tvs

sebasgl1

Aug 31, 2011
Jajajajaja all this info get spread all over the internet right now... this is awesome. More hype for this tablet. And I am now really convinced to buy it

qsp

Mar 16, 2011
Yeah every mayor info site about android has the news about the tablet.

sent for my galaxy tab 10.1

Reactions: sebasgl1

sebasgl1

Aug 31, 2011
Well I feel kinda mister right place at the right time lol

So tell me qsp the trublack display is exactly like the one in the S or got some new tech on it?

animaleyes76

May 23, 2011
Prague
Sad to say but it's dead in the water before it even starts.

The original tablet s was already behind the times in terms of tech when it was released, a small cpu upgrade etc plus a few tiny other changes aren't gonna help. 1280x800 is a complete joke as well.

I own a tablet s and was really excited when i read about the new versions, but if these specs are really accurate it will be a sad sad day, especially at the prices they are allegedly gonna try and charge for it.

Could have been sooooo much more...

Reactions: take55

xperiax10.awesome

Nov 20, 2010
Singapore
I dont think these can be FINAL SPECS, with NEXUS 7 around Sony cannot succeed with this tablet as well...lets wait for official words from Sony !!

take55

Oct 1, 2008
I don't think that specs like the Tegra3 processor or screen resolution will change.

Yikes, just read about leaked specs of a 2560x1600 Samsung tablet later this year...

sebasgl1

Aug 31, 2011
I don't care so much about a screen resolution in a tablet. The retina effect is not as astonish as in the phone... and true to be told. Small resolution = better performancce . Much less CPU.gpu and ram intensive... so better fluidity and multitasking

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Countries/Regions where its already available/launched:
    1. U.K.
    2. U.S.
    3. Japan (15th September)

DETAILS:
    CPU: Tegra3 Quad Core
    CAMERA: 1MP(Front)/8MP(Rear)
    BATTERY: 6000 mAh
    BODY: Magnesium-Aluminium Alloy
    WEIGHT: 570gm
    PRICE DETAILS:
    16GB $399.99
    32GB $499.99
    64GB $599.99

65nwxs.jpg

funkt5.jpg

35n6fqr.jpg

2nbyjy8.jpg
    2a5fyhi.jpg

sent from seXperia S
    there it is, the new Sony Xperia Tablet!
    well guys soon we goona have the tablets @ stores, hope to get one and take pictures. as soon as i get those pics trust me, you guys going to be the first ones (like always) lol..:)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app
    more photos, no more wedge shape.