FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROM][JB][4.1.2] Paranoid Android 2.99_Final for Photon {12.7.12}

6,288 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,279

Post Reply Email Thread

Wanna be up to date with ParanoidAndroid project news?, click here, and visit our webpage!

Installation Instructions
Quote:

1. Place ROM onto phone storage
  2. Reboot to recovery
  3. Make a Nandroid
  4. Install Rom: Wipe INSIDE ROM
  5. When you select "Reboot Not", you'll get a CWM error, IGNORE IT
  6. Install OPTIONS or Gapps
  • WIKI/FAQ Located: To be reworked

Paranoid Hints
Quote:

• Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
  • Launcher Settings: margins: SMALL (If youre using Apex / Nova), show permanent searchbar: YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets: YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF

Paranoid Trouble
Quote:

• Nothing yet. All possible visual bugs can be fixed changing PAL & PAD parameters

What is Borked:
Quote:

• Video Camera-laggy
  • Transitional Stutters Possible
  • You tell me
Both GL issues are due to missing drivers. Since Moto won't release, there is no ETA for fix

If you need to report a NEW bug, report it once, and the next TWO people VERIFY it. I don't need everyone reporting same bug 20 times. I you can, provide me the following information:
  1. Version you are using
  2. What wipe you did and what ROM you came from
  3. Have you restored data/apps through Titanium or other app?
  4. What app is misbehaving and steps to reproduce error
  5. LOGCATS <--Prefer this

If you don't know how to logcat, go HERE and learn. This really nice guy took the time to write out a good how to

When you have a LOGCAT and would like to post it, please go to pastebin and post it in there, then LINK that location in this thread...I don't want to see them posted directly in here.

Downloads
Quote:

• ROM File Located Here
  • Options Chooser Located Here
  • My CWM V1 Located HERE -Aroma Prep Here Too

Credits:
Quote:

• Cyanogenmod Project, for CM10
  • Jokersax11 for help with initial Photon work
  • scott.hart.bi for help with source work
  • Amarullz for Aroma Installer
  • Paranoid Android's Devs for making this ROM
  • Anyone Testing and Providing USEFUL FEEDBACK (logcats )

Quote:

GITHUB (FOR KERNEL SOURCE)-GPL COMPLIANCE PhotonDevTeam Repo

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Th3Bill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Th3Bill Ad-Free

11th July 2012, 07:34 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Where I Am

Donate to Me
More
SCREENSHOTS

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Th3Bill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Th3Bill Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 07:37 AM |#3  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 636

More
Is this uploaded? I didnt see it on Jokers site
11th July 2012, 07:43 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Where I Am

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLee

Is this uploaded? I didnt see it on Jokers site

Under Th3Bill
The Following User Says Thank You to Th3Bill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Th3Bill Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 12:15 PM |#5  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 6

More
wow great job, I'm happy to review the Paranoid, thanks Th3Bill, I hasten to download and test it
11th July 2012, 12:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks a lot for the new version of my favourite ICS rom! Can't donate as I don't have paypal, but rest assured I will click on your ads everyday
11th July 2012, 01:56 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Where I Am

Donate to Me
More
Ok....don't download for a little while. I have to re-upload the rom. I made a boo-boo, which will result in tablet mode not initiating properly. I just fixed it on my phone, and it is SWEET!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Th3Bill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Th3Bill Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 02:00 PM |#8  

More
Hi Bill, the process com.android.phone stopped unexpectedly on first boot bug is still there. I tried to fix it using the previous webcorefix.zip but it just stuck on the boot animation screen.
11th July 2012, 02:17 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Where I Am

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by /b/-TarD

Hi Bill, the process com.android.phone stopped unexpectedly on first boot bug is still there. I tried to fix it using the previous webcorefix.zip but it just stuck on the boot animation screen.

GSM or CDMA?

com.phone wouldn't be webcore...

If you can get me a logcat output, that'd be great. I have flashed this 3 times clean over the last few hours. I use CDMA and have had NO issues.
11th July 2012, 03:05 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Bill

GSM or CDMA?

com.phone wouldn't be webcore...

If you can get me a logcat output, that'd be great. I have flashed this 3 times clean over the last few hours. I use CDMA and have had NO issues.

I am using GSM. Is my way of creating a logcat output correct? I reinstall the rom, get the error msg, set usb debugging on and charge only, connect phone to computer, and use adb logcat on my command prompt?

Anyway the reason I thought the webcorefix fix the issue is because it worked for me on Paranoid Android 1.1. After flashing that, no more error messages.

Edit : Not sure where did I do wrong, I use adb logcat > logcat.txt but it kinda stuck there not moving. Am using the android-sdk from my previous Xperia Play flashing days.

Edit 2 : I got the logcat.txt after I got bored waiting and disconnect, hope its complete. Anyway, the phone doesn't detect any network after the phone process fc
Attached Files
File Type: rar logcat.rar - [Click for QR Code] (32.1 KB, 36 views)
11th July 2012, 03:23 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Where I Am

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by /b/-TarD

I am using GSM. Is my way of creating a logcat output correct? I reinstall the rom, get the error msg, set usb debugging on and charge only, connect phone to computer, and use adb logcat on my command prompt?

Anyway the reason I thought the webcorefix fix the issue is because it worked for me on Paranoid Android 1.1. After flashing that, no more error messages.

If you have root explorer, go to build.prop to the line:
ro.telephony.default_network=7
change the 7 to 0
then reboot
go dialer put in *#*#4636#*#*
go to phone info
make sure it says GSM auto
reboot
I'll up a fix in a few mins once the re-up of this is finished.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)