FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM-AOSP] [OLD] Stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2_r1 for the Kindle Fire [10-10]

3,414 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,837

By Hashcode, Senior Recognized Developer on 11th July 2012, 09:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
AOSP JELLY BEAN 4.1.2_r1 straight from Google sources
This ROM is completely up-to-date w/ the 4AI1.7 kernel and latest ducati from TI

Download 4.1.2_r1 ROM here [10-10]
md5sum: d300fbbd65f3037f54519f7c3c2bc4a5
PLUS YOU WILL NEED TO FLASH GAPPS AFTER
Jelly Bean Gapps here

Data wipe might be required as this is 4.1.2_r1. If in doubt, wipe and use Titanium Backup to restore apps.

Make sure to WIPE Dalvik Cache.

BUILDING THIS ROM
I've updated GitHub with the local_manifest and patches for creating this rom from AOSP sources:
https://github.com/KFire-Android/and...t/tree/jb-aosp

Each patch should be applied via: git apply <patch name> in the respective project where it belongs.

Enjoy
The Following 321 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]

11th July 2012, 09:04 AM |#2  
OP Senior Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
FIXED AS OF 10/10:

[ Will fill in as bugs pop-up ]
The Following 117 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2012, 09:16 AM |#3  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 217

Donate to Me
More
Awesome Hash, you are the man. I don't suppose terminal emulator would work in place of ADB would it, I don't have a pc on hand.
The Following User Says Thank You to neilrl79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neilrl79 Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 09:17 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 532

Donate to Me
More
First!

Thanks Hash ! This is were dual-boot takes its interest .

EDIT: Not the first .
11th July 2012, 09:28 AM |#5  
Flag Clifton
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilrl79

Awesome Hash, you are the man. I don't suppose terminal emulator would work in place of ADB would it, I don't have a pc on hand.

Seems possible except you need wifi to download terminal emulator from the play store unless you have the apk for terminal emulator saved on your kindle fire already.

Anyways thanks hashcode, I'm really looking forward to flashing this in the morning!
The Following User Says Thank You to tjrocks91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tjrocks91 Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 09:28 AM |#6  
OP Senior Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilrl79

I'm using "su" binary from AOSP.. which doesn't seem to want to work with Superuser from the market. Oddly, that puts many people who can't seem to get adb to work in a bind. Hrm. Probably the best way to fix it would be to use a "su" binary from another build and load it up in recovery by mounting system (use the recovery gui to do that), then:
adb push su /system/bin
adb shell
cd /system/bin
chmod 6755 su
chown root.root su
exit

Of course you can always wait and just play with it a bit, an I'll have all of this worked out for the next build w/ working HD codecs.

It's late and I need some sleep :P
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2012, 09:55 AM |#7  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 1,293

Donate to Me
More
Thank you hashcode and if anybody tells you how to fix the UMS bug can you say it to me i also have a bug with the nexus sense 4 rom i also need to enable it
11th July 2012, 10:05 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 176

More
Using terminal emulator I'm getting
"uid 10039 not allowed to su"
"1|u0_a39@android:/"
I can use ADB, but wondering if there's a quick way without hooking it up. (Ive got root explorer, another binary I can use, yada...)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Edit:
Nvmind: Adb fixed in 2 seconds.
Awesome work.
11th July 2012, 10:05 AM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Any chance we could have TabletUI insted of PhoneUI?
11th July 2012, 10:08 AM |#10  
Flag Hồ Chí Minh
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Thanks. U are the best dev ever

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acax456 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift acax456 Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 10:17 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
BTW GApps don't work well, at least I don't have any setup at first boot and Play Store crashes.

And my ADB is a mess, Windows keeps thinking the device is in a pluged in/unpluged loop... On Ubuntu it works . And I have no USB storage notification when my device is connected .

EDIT: And pictures are rotated in multitasking panel .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)