Concept on What It Does?
- If your display screen is off, it toggles the mobile data to turn on/off every few minutes.
- If the display is on, then it wont turn the data on/off
- It detects if 2g/3g/4g is on as well
What's the difference between this and tons of applications out there that turns off the automatically turns off the data when the screen is off?
- I have unlimited internet bandwidth on my phone but limited battery life. I rely on the internet for my instant messaging and work emails. If I use one of those applications that turns off the data when the screen is off, then technically I wont be able to receive those emails until I turn on the screen. That's how the idea of creating Auto Data came from. Basically I want to be able to receive messages while the screen is off without heavy battery usage.
- As I have yet to do actual field testing I'm not sure if it will extend or drain the battery! - Well at least that was my idea
Why Create This App?
- I'm looking for a way to extend battery life of my phone (HTC ONE X) without me having to turn on and off the mobile data manually since I have unlimited mobile data but limited battery life
- I want to learn how to program even the simplest things on Android for my own use
- You tell me
How Can You Help?
- I need testers to test the app. I have a little programming background knowledge but I know logic, so don't expect too much if you have suggestions / comments or if you find bugs.
- I need good icons that I can use for the app (any graphic artists out there?)
This application requires that Mobile Data is initially turned "on" in Android System Settings to make it work.
Battery Still Draining Fast?
If you flashed a new ROM, you have to give it a few charge cycles in order for the battery to normalized and be calibrated. Usually, 3 - 4 full charge cycles before you'd notice the difference.
If you like Auto Data and would like to help out, you can consider donating. By donating you get the full features of Auto Data unlocked.
Donation can only be done through PayPal at the moment, as Google Checkout doesn't support the country where Im at so until Google Checkout supports comes, no choice but to use PayPal (Sorry about that).
There are 3 ways to donate, 1 is from the app itself, you can click "Donate" button. 2 is from XDA you can click "Donate to Me" button under my username, 3 you can manually enter my PayPal email which is "email@example.com"
Once you have donated, kindly send me an Email with your PayPal confirmation code and I will send you a APK that will unlock Auto Data.
Kindly allow me up to 48 hours to send you the APK file that unlocks AutoData, I have to send you the APK manually and due to time zone differences I cannot promise that I can send it immediately, but I will ASAP!
Any amount is appreciated. I do not put a minimum limit to donation. It's a donation so what ever you feel like then its fine!
Thanks for considering donating!
- By installing and trying this application, I take no responsibility on what it does to your phone. Please use this at your own risk! If you do not accept this then please don't try this application.
- As this application has been developed for my own use since I have unlimited mobile data, if you do not have unlimited mobile data then I suggest you do not use this application since it automatically turns on and turns off your mobile data.
PS: Again, I have to do actual testing to determine if it does improve battery life. Would help if others can do testing as well.
New Look & New Log Screen
Actual Test Run Result
I'm running ViperX ROM on my HTC ONE X with stock Kernel. 14hours at 50%
Plus I did some calls, sent a few sms and browsed facebook as well
Its now available at the Play Store