{ROM}{UCLF6} Official ICS Stock Odexed, Deodexed, Rooted, Zipaligned, CRT

5,084 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,792

By bigfau, Inactive Recognized Developer on 12th July 2012, 01:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
For those about to STOCK!

I know the Official UCLF6 is pretty much covered by Flappjaxxx, But I took the time to do this base all by myself. So I'm posting it.
For those who just want no frills stock with minor changes, here you go.

Features:
* Rooted
* Deodexed
* Zipaligned
* Busybox
* UCLF6 Modem
* CRT Off
* SuperSU#
* Custom UCLF6 kernel, unsecured, root adb, init.d support, custom boot animation support. {Thanks mohan_kr and Flappjaxxx}
* Tethering Enabled {Thanks Electron73}
* Nova Launcher added
* Solid Explorer added
* Face and Voice Unlock {Only works with Voice Talk}
* 4-Way Reboot Mod
* SIP Calling feature
* Unknown Sources enabled by Default

Instructions:
{1.} Download to sdcard
{2.} Reboot to recovery
{3.} Wipe data/factory reset
{4.} Flash Rom
{5.} Reboot

DOWNLOAD LINK

SGH-I717-UCLF6 Pure Stock--->-->MD5 {68d79dbb9717dbe18ccd02721dd3b754}

SGH-I717-UCLF6 Better Stock
--->-->MD5 88e7c31fdfff6e66b07d389acce62653

SGH-I717-UCLF6-ODEXED-->-->MD5 {1a6f68d1df9ac49cc59b50b23234d4b7}

MIRRORS

SGH-I717-UCLF6 Better Stock

DEODEX--->> Apk files have respective odexes that devs use to supposedly save space. Deodexing means you convert it back to a .dex file and put it back inside the apk. This allows you to easily replace file (not having to worry about odexes), but the main point was to deodex services.jar so that you can change all text to different colors (such as the clock color to white) and to deodex services.jar, you need to deodex everything.

ODEX-->> In Android file system, applications come in packages with the extension .apk. These application packages, or APKs contain certain .odex files whose supposed function is to save space. These ‘odex’ files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application. On the other hand, it also makes hacking those applications difficult because a part of the coding has already been extracted to another location before execution.

The "THANKS" button is there for a reason. So HIT it.
Is it big enough
The Following 284 Users Say Thank You to bigfau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigfau Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 01:25 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Zanesville, Ohio

Donate to Me
More
Add Ons

4-Way Reboot CWM Flashable
Here is a 4 Way reboot mod, You can access recovery,download,reboot and hot reboot(?) through Restart on Power menu.
Thanks to kahvitahra for the helpful guide.

4 WAY REBOOT

IF USING ON ODEXED ROM, RENAME THE ANDROIDPOLICY. ODEX TO ANDROIDPOLICY.ODEX.BAK THEN FLASH.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flashable CWM
15 Quick Panel Toggles Purple

15 Quick Panel Toggles Green

15 Quick Panel Original Toggles White Theme

IF USING ON ODEXED ROM REMAME SYSTEMIU.ODEX TO SYSTEMUI.ODEX.BAK THEN FLASH.

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to bigfau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigfau Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 01:26 AM |#3  
Flag Zanesville, Ohio

Donate to Me
More
This One
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to bigfau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigfau Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 01:27 AM |#4  
Flag Zanesville, Ohio

Donate to Me
More
ZOINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to bigfau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigfau Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 01:27 AM |#5  
Flag Zanesville, Ohio

Donate to Me
More
I guess this one also
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to bigfau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigfau Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 01:31 AM |#6  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
Smile Sweet
Thanks so much, been waiting for this all day....downloading now.
Download went great, super fast...battery charging (I never install a Rom with less than 70% battery)
1.Wiped Cache, dalvik, formated/wipe, mounted and wiped system,cache,data and installed this Rom
2.It took just about 3 minutes from the moment I hit Reboot in CWM and the ATT Ready2go appeared
3.Boot animation for this Rom...pic below...
4.Uninstalled Nova Launcher
4.No sound issues
5.GPS lock in seconds.. indoors Used in a real world situation today and worked flawlessly and got me to my location 30 miles away with no issues.
6.No root issues
7.Super smooth scrolling, tested all the above before setting up email and TiBu
8.Wifi works great and connects to my Wireless N router perfectly, updating apps that came pre-installed
8.And YES this comes with S-note, S-memo, Mini Diary...
9.No issues after setting up and TiBu, after that I wiped Cached, Dalvik, and fixed permissions, runs really good still all stock but will try mods after a full battery cycle of use. I do this so I can gauge performance and wait for any issues if there is going to be any.
10.Tried phMOD but my use was always for the spen stuff not the launcher (use apex pro) and can care less what boot animation I have, I installed and all seemed to work just fine for those who want to use it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1672556
11.Electron_UCLF5_15toggle_blueBatt.zip.....Works....http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1731382
12."Find on page" in Browser causes browser to crash but works great in Chrome (known bug in stock)
Thanks bigfau for sharing this,
(remember every phone is different and not all users are going to have the same experience as I had)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	android-boot2.jpg
Views:	9268
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1192488  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jrock436 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jrock436 Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 01:31 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcfella For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dcfella Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 01:34 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 155

Donate to Me
More
I too have waiting for this. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alperin1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alperin1 Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 01:41 AM |#9  
Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Thanks Meter: 59,426

Donate to Me
More
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T.C.Stockdale For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift T.C.Stockdale Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 02:35 AM |#10  
Flag Zanesville, Ohio

Donate to Me
More
Uploading a mirror just in case. Doubt it will be needed though..
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bigfau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigfau Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 02:44 AM |#11  
Flag Tornados City
Thanks Meter: 1,149

More
Humm voice unlock is interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mutantblack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mutantblack Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)