At&t galaxy s3 to T-Mobile help

Search This thread

horr1blek1tten

Mar 27, 2012
El Paso, TX
I got my unlocked s3 so I can use it on T-Mobile and hate edge so I was wondering if flashing the blaze modem would allow me to get 4g like the at&t galaxy note did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Seifer48

Apr 13, 2007
Blaze is a .gs2, it would probably brick. I wouldn't risk it. If anything I'd try the t-mobile .gs3 radio.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

anag7771

Oct 5, 2009
US
I got my unlocked s3 so I can use it on T-Mobile and hate edge so I was wondering if flashing the blaze modem would allow me to get 4g like the at&t galaxy note did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I been thinking...instead of messing with all that and end up with a brick, why just not sell it on ebay and buy an actual Tmobile one or maybe trade with someone willing to. I would look at the selling price for an AT&T GS3 on ebay and how much would a Tmobile run and if it's not that much difference then pay the difference than end up with a possible brick. Plus I have read some forums where if you flash some things that are not meant for your phone you can even mess up the IME on your phone with no way to flash it back at the moment until someone comes up with a solution for it.

lessthanzach

May 23, 2008
Redding, CA
Not trying to be a jerk. Just a friendly reminder that this is not development related and needs to be in general or QA. I would repost there and report your thread to a moderator before the pitch forks come out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Digglez

Aug 10, 2011
When I put my friends note to t mobile it was the modem you had to flash , if your set on doing it , read a bunch on ways to do the note WITHOUT a custom Rom then find the same files you use in that ( the modem and if I remember right there was one other thing ) then go to the t mobile section in the sgs 3 thread and ask for help finding those files , but do a lot of reading first cause it would be a shame to brick your awesome phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

rxc777

Apr 5, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
im looking into this as well, i had the att note and flashed the tmobile modem worked like a charm so now im looking to do same with s3. if i find anything ill let you know :D

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I don't thonk it will work at all. Att's S3 is LTE, correct. Tmobiles is not. Two different hw radios used.
If you do try it please post your results for others!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Have you guys tried the radios in the dev section by wildchld? I'm not sure it will work either but maybe worth a try. It has a script that backs up current radio and you can revert back. Atleast on T-Mobile s3 it does. Just need to reflash the restore zip to go back to previous radio. Again try at your own risk. There's a huge chance you can brick your device.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30355162

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jason4962

Dec 18, 2011
NEW JERSEY
Tmobile is reframing the network. Soon after this year att iphones will get 3g 4g from tmobile.just wait for.it

nightfox11

Apr 30, 2010
Venice
I don't thonk it will work at all. Att's S3 is LTE, correct. Tmobiles is not. Two different hw radios used.
If you do try it please post your results for others!

I don't think it matters if the Gs3 from T-Mobile doesn't have LTE, I used to have my Galaxy s2 skyrocket with LTE running on T-Mobile 3G/4G off a GS2 Hercules Modem.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using XDA Premium HD app

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Then by all means, give it a shot. I have no problem being proven wrong on stuff like this!
Just remember that was a different phone. And tmobiles radio Im pretty sure was confirmed to NOT support LTE. So they are different.
I'm definately looking forward to hearing someones results after trying! Just do some research on the two radios, and make sure the sw modem is on the same partition for each phone. (I think it will be. But if its not you could end up with serious problems)
Good luck to whomever tries it!

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
Probably won't, the T-Mobile phone is pentaband so it will run 3/4G on AT&T, but their version isn't. Try it though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm also interested in getting HSPA+ 21.1 speeds on my unlocked AT&T GS3 on my tmobile network...any suggestions?

buy the t-mobile version. it doesn't work hardware not supported
    The note supports 1700 band the s3 doesn't

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
    So I rooted and unlocked an AT&T S3 running on Loser Rom 1.4 (AT&T Android Dev) and just got a friend on TMo to use her sim on the phone. TMo Rep and I had to mess around with the APN settings and got it to run at 4G speeds. she's reporting that the phone is running really good, but this is after a couple hours of testing.
    Now for my question... Should I stick with AT&T ROMs or could I try using some TMo Roms? Has anyone tried? I'd like her to be able to utilize the Wifi Calling feature that the AT&T ROMs don't have. Thanks in advance.

I have the att galaxy s3 and unlocked it to work on tmobile, I get 4G once in a while but it keeps jumping to 2g constantly, I have tried 3 tmoblie radios all of them failed to work with the phone failing to recognize the sim. I will be trying another radio soon. I am also considering to put on a tmobile rom this weekend just to see if that makes a difference.
    If I remember correctly on the s2 hercules it would work on att 4G and the skyrocket would work on tmobiles 4G but for sample the skyrocket to work on tmobile 4g has to be a combo. With a modified tmobile radio a tmobile kernel and those have to he modified and a tmobile rom
    Again I dont remember correctly about it.
    If I remember correctly on the s2 hercules it would work on att 4G and the skyrocket would work on tmobiles 4G but for sample the skyrocket to work on tmobile 4g has to be a combo. With a modified tmobile radio a tmobile kernel and those have to he modified and a tmobile rom
    Again I dont remember correctly about it.

I was actually worried about using a T-999 radio on the phone but we were having some data issues with the AT&T rom, so we ended up flashing the Darthstalker v8 rom. Working great now connecting 4g and able to stream pandora and Netflix.

I have the att galaxy s3 and unlocked it to work on tmobile, I get 4G once in a while but it keeps jumping to 2g constantly, I have tried 3 tmoblie radios all of them failed to work with the phone failing to recognize the sim. I will be trying another radio soon. I am also considering to put on a tmobile rom this weekend just to see if that makes a difference.

Try going back to the 747 radio on AT&T and flash Darthstalker TMo rom, not the AT&T one. The attachment will show my setup so far.