FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] - Enhanced Quick Settings for 2.05 and 1.29 Base (New 16.07.12)

4,721 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,772

By jotha, Retired Forum Moderator on 16th July 2012, 09:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Enhanced Quick Settings for HTC One X
(based on ViperX-EQS)

j4n87 had released an EQS for HTC One X several months ago. When he started Team Venom (then Pkmon) and his Rom-Project which resulted in ViperX-Rom, he abandoned the EQS. Meanwhile he developed a much more sophisticated EQS for his Roms, while the users of other roms were a bit left out in the cold.

So I decided to make a stand-alone-version of that ViperX-EQS for all to use. I sincerely thank j4n87 for the permission to do so.

I had to remove some code that was tightly integrated with ViperX Rom, every connection to (and code for) his Tweaks App, as well as the wireless adb-option. I think that is a small price to pay for the chance to use that EQS on every custom rom.

It includes a stock 100% battery mod. Versions with my other battery-mods and also one without any battery-icon included can be found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1588789

The mod is made on base 2.05 but should also run on roms based on 1.29.

It also includes MIUI-Style battery-bar (small horizontal bar on top of screen to show battery-state) including control-app by pvyParts. After installing mod, start app to set up battery bar. The control app is still a work in progress and I will update it whenever there is a new version. I know that not all functions are working yet (flashing...), so no need to post that.

Changelog:

16.07.12: Initial release 2.05.1
17.07.12: Activated MIUI Battery bar, still version 2.05.1 though. If you downloaded before, just redownload.

Credits:

j4n87, for 99% of the code in this mod. I basically just cleaned and rearranged, changed some resources and IDs.
pvyParts, for the MIUI-bar and it's control app

Important:
  • This mod is for deodexed roms of base 2.05 (and should also work on 1.29). Please do NOT use with any other base or stock rom.
  • Do not use any other mods that modify systemUI or the two would eliminate each other which could lead to bootloop or other unwanted effects.
  • Please make nandroid before flashing.
  • Flash in recovery and NOT in same run with a rom flash. Always let phone completely boot once after rom-flashing before applying mods.
Downloads:

Enhanced Quick Settings pure - version 2.05.1

Battery%-Mods including this EQS:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1588789

If you like it and use it, a click on Thanks would be nice .
Also feel free to leave a small comment here .

A note to chefs and devs:

This mod is NOT to be included in any other rom or dev-project.
Please don't ask for any permission, I'm in no position to grant it. Please link to this thread and let users download and flash it seperately.
The Following 68 Users Say Thank You to jotha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jotha Ad-Free

16th July 2012, 10:11 PM |#2  
Flag Hemel Hempstead (North West London)
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Awesome work jotha, are you able to merge it with your Honeycomb battery mod from here?
16th July 2012, 10:12 PM |#3  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Bavaria, close to Munich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs1984

Awesome work jotha, are you able to merge it with your Honeycomb battery mod from here?

Quote from OP: I will release versions with my other battery-mods included in the coming days.
The Following User Says Thank You to jotha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jotha Ad-Free
16th July 2012, 10:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Using it on ARHD - great job, thanks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
16th July 2012, 10:58 PM |#5  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 926

More
Thanks to j4n87 for giving permission & of course you for giving us ARHD users this mod... I love it and would miss it...

Edit: @jotha, I think we can not configure EQS the way that we can do with ViperX, can't we?
16th July 2012, 11:27 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xphoid

Thanks to j4n87 for giving permission & of course you for giving us ARHD users this mod... I love it and would miss it...

Edit: @jotha, I think we can not configure EQS the way that we can do with ViperX, can't we?

No, we would need the tweaks app for that which is part of ViperX and not available without that rom. For that reason I have also removed the necessary code to support that.
The Following User Says Thank You to jotha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jotha Ad-Free
16th July 2012, 11:37 PM |#7  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 926

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotha

No, we would need the tweaks app for that which is part of ViperX and not available without that rom. For that reason I have also removed the necessary code to support that.

Thanks for the quick answer...

And OFC Thanks a lot again for all the mods that you have given to us...
17th July 2012, 04:40 AM |#8  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 170

More
does this clash or overwrite your APM+brightness mod?
17th July 2012, 05:01 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Great work, looking forward to EQS and DIGITS battery mod.
17th July 2012, 06:41 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermute000

does this clash or overwrite your APM+brightness mod?

No. APM is a framework-mod and EQS changes systemUI, so those two do not influence each other.
17th July 2012, 06:58 AM |#11  
Flag Kashmir
Thanks Meter: 133

More
whats the change log or new for 16.7?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)