FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] LTCMiner (litecoin/bitcoin and android)

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By raad287, Junior Member on 17th July 2012, 04:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I don't know how many of you guys are into mining bitcoins, but i recently got into it. I was surprised they're aren't any miners for android so I looked into making one. There was only one other in the past that I could find, it's no longer on the market but it used code from JMiner, so I did the same.

Long story short on the evo 4g I was able to get around 50 H/s. That's not alot, I can see why no-one bothered to bring mining to android. I haven't tried modifying the JMiner code, but if anyone has any experience in this, is it even worth it? The hardware has got to be able to put out more than i'm getting here.

If anyone's interested tweaking with the settings or maybe they'll have better speeds it's up on market, I haven't put up the source-code yet but it's available to anyone who wants it. It's under LTCMiner on play.

The Following User Says Thank You to raad287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raad287 Ad-Free

13th August 2012, 05:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, nice job on doing an app but no, from a sheer computing power perspective, it's not worth it. Litecoin is being mined with GPUs now. Cards that would give you 200 million hashes per second (MH/s) in Bitcoin mining will give about 180 thousand hashes per second (KH/s) with Litecoin.

At current difficulty, your 0.05 KH/s would generate 2.0604 LTC per year worth currently about $0.10.

A better app to create would be an LTC wallet possibly based off the "Bitcoin Wallet" app by Andreas Schildbach or more simply an LTC price widget using btc-e.com for the latest pricing to start with.
9th December 2012, 09:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Kewl thing
I disagree
With improving hardware of android devices (e.g. Nvidia Tegra 3 etc.) and improvements of the miner code it will def. be worth the time, at least while charging. Just because the hardware isn't fast enough atm, does not mean it will never be. I'd like you see improving your miner, especially since it's the only one available.
Keep up the good work
26th February 2013, 02:07 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
By the time the hardware is fast enough, mining rewards will have dropped even more. It really isn't sustainable.
2nd March 2019, 10:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
You cannot do Cryptocurrency Mining by using your phone only...
Now as you may know, you need servers with graphic cards to mine Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)