FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] V6 Supercharger Cm9 (Updated 07/18/2012)

193 posts
Thanks Meter: 80

By dark_system, Senior Member on 17th July 2012, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Okay, this is my first write up so please be nice

I have noticed a lot of questions about using zeppelinrox V6 Supercharger in the cm9 thread. I am in no way, shape, or form an expert. Also anything you do with your phone is your responsibility. So read and research everything first, and as always back-up.

I have used my phones browser to get everything that is needed, and upload the services.jar file to modify later.

Credit for all scripts and roms or whatever else is linked goes to those that made them. This is just a how-to. Thanks.

First you will need to go HERE and download SuperCharger_Starter_Kit_RC12.zip

Use a file browser that can unzip the starter kit to the root of your sdcard. I use Root Browser.
Also Download V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC10.sh.pdf

You should take the time to read the post, as it has instructions.

Second Navigate HERE and scroll down to post #2. Look for WebApp Info - Mod your services.jar instantly with the ICS OOM Priority Charger!
There should be a link to http://android.mimic.ca. Follow the Instructions to upload your services.jar file to be modified, and then download the modified file. It tells you where this file should be. You will use this modified services.jar file later so it should be on your sdcard.

or... When you run the script later you will have a choice. Auto or Manual. V6 supercharger can automatically upload-mod-download-install the diehard version of services.jar for you. The choice is up to you.

UPDATE religi0n has already modified services.jar for everyone. GO HERE to read the thread and grab the modified services.jar file of your choice. Credit to religi0n for this. Thank You.

Third Visit the Play Store and download Script Manager. Now find script manager in your apps and run it. Make sure to press Browse as root, then Ok. ALLOW SuperUser and press Ok.

You should see your sdcard files listed. If you unzipped the starter kit to your sdcard there will be a folder named SuperCharger_Starter_Kit.
Inside this folder will be StartMeUp.sh Press this and a screen will pop up. Make sure to press the skull/crossbones icon with Su underneath it. It should turn Green. Now press Run at top left.

You will be asked to allow superuser again. Allow!
The starter kit will run and tell you what to do. This will prepare your DX2 for V6 Supercharger. After this is done you can exit out.

Fourth In Script Manager, navigate to the V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC10.sh.pdf. Again make sure you allow Superuser root. Green Skull/Crossbones and Run.
Again V6 Supercharger will run and tell you/ask you what options to do.
Once you get to the ICS Service Center You can manually install the modified services.jar file. V6 should find it on your sdcard.

That should be about it. I'm not going to go through every step since V6 tells you as it runs.
V6 will ask to wipe dalvik and reboot. If it hangs at boot pull battery and restart.
Run the .pdf script again to check and change options.
There is an option to unsupercharge as well as exit.

Hopefully this will help some.

Thanks!
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to dark_system For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dark_system Ad-Free

17th July 2012, 08:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,770

More
Nice post. This should help a lot of people.
The Following User Says Thank You to jsgraphicart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jsgraphicart Ad-Free
17th July 2012, 09:20 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Instructions have already been posted a long time ago, but this should help the noobs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Furioustylez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Furioustylez Ad-Free
17th July 2012, 09:31 PM |#4  

More
In the other thread it says to install the supercharger script before the patched service.jar. does it matter which way you do it? I'm going to try this out again.
17th July 2012, 09:40 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

In the other thread it says to install the supercharger script before the patched service.jar. does it matter which way you do it? I'm going to try this out again.

You will have the option to manually install the modified services.jar file towards the end of the supercharger script. It should find it on your sdcard.

DX2 Alpha 5
The Following User Says Thank You to dark_system For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dark_system Ad-Free
17th July 2012, 10:33 PM |#6  
Flag KY
Thanks Meter: 92

More
I did the modded services.jar last night and haven't had any lockups yet in cm9a5, when I first flashed I froze up twice within an hour.

Sent from DX2 CM9
17th July 2012, 11:55 PM |#7  

More
So I went ahead and installed this again. So far I have had two random reboots. Everything does seem faster though so I will leave it supercharged for now.
18th July 2012, 12:24 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I installed v6 also. Everything is good so far. I rebooted 2/3 times until it didn't stick on the M. I also had to start the cm7 bsr a couple of times before that worked.

Sent using my Droid x2 running cm9.
18th July 2012, 12:48 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Hey dark_system, you did a great job on your instructions. Easy to follow and understand. Thanks again!
Scotty

Sent using my Droid x2 running cm9.
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty1825 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scotty1825 Ad-Free
18th July 2012, 06:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
A few days ago I posted a thread in the themes and apps with all of the modified services.jar (HTK, Bulletproof, and Die-Hard). The webapp only patches for Die-Hard.

If you want, you can include these services.jar, as they have already been modified for Alpha 5.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1777862
The Following User Says Thank You to religi0n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift religi0n Ad-Free
18th July 2012, 07:27 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by religi0n

A few days ago I posted a thread in the themes and apps with all of the modified services.jar (HTK, Bulletproof, and Die-Hard). The webapp only patches for Die-Hard.

If you want, you can include these services.jar, as they have already been modified for Alpha 5.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1777862

Okay I will update op soon with a link to your thread, if that is okay with you?

Thanks

Droid X2 CM9 Alpha 5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)