FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BUGFIX] Vlingo/Waze TTS Cutoff FF18

608 posts
Thanks Meter: 136

By nacron, Senior Member on 18th July 2012, 11:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

After being frustrated with not having TTS working correctly in Waze in any FF18 build, I decided to investigate. I remember that in the 4.0.3 FD26 version of MIJJz blend, TTS worked correctly for me in Waze. Any build after that and it would cut off. I compared files between FD26 and FF18 and found a couple of files that were changed between that dealt with audio. Here's my solution:

Push libstagefright.so to /system/lib from FD26
add media.stagefright.enable-player=true to build.prop

And that's it. TTS not cutting off anymore in Waze. I'm sure it should resolve the vlingo issue also. What's strange is that svoice is based on vlingo but it doesn't have the cutoff issue.

I'm going to test this further over the next few days to see if anything else was broken by pushing a 4.0.3 file to the 4.0.4 build.

Attached is the libstagefright.so that I'm using. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR LIBSTAGEFRIGHT.SO.

Also, use a build prop editor app. I tried messing with it from my PC and it caused my phone to get stuck on boot. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR BUILD.PROP.

Next on my list to try is the bluetooth A2DP streaming restarts.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR BRICKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

Normally, file permissions are set exactly the same as the rest of the files in that particular root directory. In this case /system/lib is rw-r--r--

Attached Files
File Type: rar libstagefright.rar - [Click for QR Code] (654.7 KB, 543 views)
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to nacron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nacron Ad-Free

18th July 2012, 09:32 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hawaii

More
Haha, no-one else with this issue?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
18th July 2012, 11:34 PM |#3  
DFW
Thanks Meter: 89

More
I have this issue with Waze on Calk's 1.6 rom. I kept going back to Calk 3.0 because of it. I'll try this out and let you know if it works.

Thanks for the bug fix. I've been waiting for someone to work on this.
18th July 2012, 11:47 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 568

More
What is the vllingo cutoff issue?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
19th July 2012, 12:09 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hawaii

More
Where the text to speech cuts off the last few seconds of the audio. Also had the same issue with waze and some other apps that don't use the native Google tts. Happened when they went from ICS 4.0.3 to 4.0.4

19th July 2012, 01:14 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7,242

More
I'm sure some folks will appreciate this. There were definitely more than a few complaining about it when the leaks were coming out.

BTW have you experimented to see whether you need both the library and the setting or just one or the other?
19th July 2012, 01:35 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hawaii

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

I'm sure some folks will appreciate this. There were definitely more than a few complaining about it when the leaks were coming out.

BTW have you experimented to see whether you need both the library and the setting or just one or the other?

I know for sure just having the change to the build prop does not fix it, haven't tried just pushing the lib

19th July 2012, 02:57 PM |#8  
DFW
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafluke24

I have this issue with Waze on Calk's 1.6 rom. I kept going back to Calk 3.0 because of it. I'll try this out and let you know if it works.

Thanks for the bug fix. I've been waiting for someone to work on this.

Just FYI, I tested Waze out this morning on Calk's 1.6 rom and I didn't get the cut off issue. Everything is working great. Thanks again for providing the fix.
19th July 2012, 05:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Jus use wa la nigh an th cu of iss i s freak anno!!!

Thanks for the fix
9th August 2012, 03:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Just wanna say THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS. I am on the tweaked stock FF18 and I flashed the Google Now zip and it worked fine but the little audio cutoff was driving me nuts. I did this and it was fixed. so i appreciate it.
10th August 2012, 05:24 AM |#11  
Flag norman
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
yep this fix works perfectly if your mikeyxda v6 gooogle now is cutting off the last sentence.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ff18 vlingo audio bug, ff18 waze audio bug

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)