FORUMS

Problems with Screen Backlight

86 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By Endlessknight, Member on 18th July 2012, 11:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
The back-light on my Desire HD screen randomly goes out, the screen is still on and if you look hard enough you can still see the image on the screen. If I put a little pressure on the screen, usually at the bottom by the HTC logo blow the menu button. it comes back on but often goes right back out if if I don't maintain the pressure.

Anyone know how to fix this? I'm guessing that it's just a little bit of soldering that's loose. I really don't want to get rid of this phone so any help would be great appreciated.
19th July 2012, 08:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
not that terrible
if you use your phone for a longer time you now without looking on it where the hardware keys are located so it is not that bad

just use your phone
19th July 2012, 09:40 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derDoctor

if you use your phone for a longer time you now without looking on it where the hardware keys are located so it is not that bad

just use your phone

What? I'm sorry but that makes no sense (no pin intended). How am I supposed to use the phone when you can't even see the screen?
19th July 2012, 12:49 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
I only get that when using my phone as a GPS with Google maps. It's frustrating. It also doesn't happen everytime, but it did yesterday.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
20th July 2012, 07:15 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Yeah it really sucks. I just tried a hard shell case hoping that would put enough pressure on the phone to stop this issue but it didn't work. I guess I've reached on the end of the line with my Desire HD. Sucks 'cause I really was looking forward to running ICS on it.
20th July 2012, 09:35 AM |#6  
Flag Islamabad

More
using google maps its normal that screen dims after some time and then screen turns off & auto locks ........

with no display
to turn on display have to use power button .

how ever not checked it in navigation mode ........
21st July 2012, 01:04 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Anybody know of any Desire HD "tear down" guides online? Something to help guide in the taking about of the phone. I want to look inside and see if I can't find the loose connection and fix it.

Edit to add:

Found a pretty decent one on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KQ2loOLdA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)