Note: before complaining, please try a clean (wipe everything at least 3 times) installation first!
FAQ / Q&A
Some known problems/bugs & their (hopefully working) workarounds:
& PLEASE READ AT LEAST THE LAST 5 PAGES OF THIS THREAD!
- Wi-Fi is not working:
- Make sure you flashed the right boot.img with fastboot
- if your Wi-Fi Channel is higher than 10, try a lower one
- try changing your wifi country code in Settings / Wifi / Menu / Advance to e.g. Europe or US
- App-Switch is no longer "Menu" by default:
- go to Settings - System - Hardware keys
- configure it like you want
- Do I need to flash the boot.img manually in fastboot?:
- No, if you're using TWRP and are on a Hboot-version lower than 1.13
- Yes, if you're using any other recovery (like CWM)
- Yes, if you're using TWRP and your ville has the Hboot-version 1.13 or higher
- Phone doesn't boot beyond the CM-Bootanimation:
- Notification LED's don't work:
- go to Settings - Display - Notification Light - Use custom values
- Set it (green/red) for every app just like you want it to be
- App XY doens't work:
- try clearing cache or/and data
- try fixing permissions
- Massive battery drain & device is getting hot: (should not happen anymore)
- enable 2G only
- update to the latest radio, fix permissions and clear the caches
- try a simple reboot
- turn off Google Now & location history (you will still get the answercards when using voice search)
- reboot everytime after you are using camera or gallery
- turn off/disconnect GPS Services, reboot & keep them unconnected/turned off (thanks to djsubtronic)
- [advanced: deactivate gallery & try e.g. Quickpic & ICS Camera (don't forget to reboot after using camera)]
- turn off WiFi if you don't need it and you're not connected
- adjust the screen-off time & the brightness
- recalibrate battery
- "SIM Network Unlock PIN" gets asked for: (should not happen anymore)
- just hit "Dismiss"
- only a handful of ringtones are shown: (should not happen anymore)
- download the app zedge
- download & set the ringtones you like just as you like
- Sound/Music/whatever only plays through the speakers: (should not happen anymore)
- unplug your headphones & replug them
- download the widget Wired Headphone/Headset Fix
- place it on your homescreen & use it
I decided (& asked for xkonnis permission) to open a new thread where we can talk about the new features and things that (don't) work yet to keep the original CM10 DEVELOPMENT Thread clean!
Nightlies can be found here:
[watch out that you DON'T FLASH CM9 OVER CM10!]
please note that atm these builds (& the nightlies!) are not stable, & you should only flash this if you are REALLY comfortable with it.
You should also be experienced in flashing & fastboot, adb & other stuff.
If you aren't then better read, read & read!
Nobody is responsible if this breaks or bricks your phone other than yourself!!!
a short statement from xkonni in another thread
About this ROM
Community effort to bring CyanogenMod to the HTC One S aka Ville.
This is no finished rom! It has bugs and issues that still need to be fixed. [...]
We are working on CM10. This is all you get. No ETA, no 'will feature xy be merged' nothing.
For a changelog visit github & gerrit
Submit your Logcats here:
http://paste.giev.de (select logcat for highlighting!)
or: in the official Development Thread for CM10 on the Ville
So who tried it? what is working & what isn't?
- mostly everything
- Camera wakelock is fixed
- appearance of the SIM unlock message is fixed
- Headphones/-sets are recognized & work even in calls
- In-Call Echo Fixed (once again)
- Grafical glitches (e.g. for notifications) are fixed
- Receiving/answering calls
- Sending/Receiving a mms & sms
- GPS seems to lock/work
- Google Now (also starting from the lockscreen)
- Data & Network (for some users it seems to drop once in a while)
- SD card
- CRT-Screen-off animation
- USB Mass Storage
- Bluetooth, Bluetooth tethering & Bluetooth Audio
- Quick toggles in navigationbar
- Notification LED / LED in general
- Button Layout configurable
- & of course: Google Now & Project Butter (& all the other sweets that come with 4.1(.1))
- swiping from the screen to the softkeys activates them
- Headset icon doesn't show.
a little video, thanks to hansthegeek:
(thanks to nicxus & hansthegeek)
(all credit goes to xkonni, intervigil & the others behind CM10!)
Please think about DONATING TO XKONNI & intervigil!