Please take a look to ALL THE INFOS. THERE IS A LOT OF IMPORTANT STUFF ON THIS POST!
Bades On zeubea's CM9 Beta5
( This ROM is made by quite only zeubea's untouched stuff. Please Thank him before me )
Based on GSII Paranoid Android 1.5a
( Only Framework and Apps. You'll find some useless GSII options. I'll use other ROMs in future )
Based on Paranoid Android
This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, they change two lines in your build.prop file which you could easily edit yourself in seconds and maybe throw a keyboard in there to make it work better. It's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank. Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. we're calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.
Donations to CM http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/donate , to molesarecoming http://forum.xda-developers.com/donateome.php?u=4491046, to D4rKn3sSyS http://forum.xda-developers.com/donateome.php?u=3484876
- CWM > Wipe Data/Cache | CWM > Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Download ROM [DOWNLOAD1] ( Note that the error window from Google is jus because the file is big, you can download with the link below )
- Flash Fixed ICS GApps [DIRECT LINK] [UNOFFICIAL FASTER DOWNLOAD]
- CWM > Advanced > Fix Permissions
If you're updating from previous version wipe is not needed, just flash this over.
- Edited CMWallpaper.apk with resolution fix. [ integrated in v3 ]
--- Replace CMWallpaper.apk in /system/app with this one. It will fix the resolution problems in CyanogenMod's Wallpapers (more instructions just before Download).
- Edited LatinIME with new emoticons [IMAGE]
--- Replace LatinIME.apk in /system/app with this one. It will change displayed emoticons in Messaging app (more instructions just before Download).
- Edited Phone.apk with density fix ( credits to feed3. Thank him if now you can call to Obi-Wan Kenobi ) [ integrated in v3 ]
--- Have you noticed that when you make/recive a call, you just can't make/recive a call? This gives you a solution (more instructions just before Download. If you feel just too noob, you can also follow ehmad's instructions in Post 39).
- Center Clock
--- This is an edited SystemUI.apk that will center your clock on Phone Statusbar ( maybe even on tablet? ). Just replace old SystemUI with this new. MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE. Known Bugs : clock won't disappear when notifications are prompted (IMAGE)
Everything is uploaded on GDrive. If you want to reupload any of these files just PM me with the link, I'll add as DOWNLOAD2 (after testing,obviously).
If you want to share your add-on just PM me with link and description.
- Take a look to the Paranoid Android Stuff
- Don't set DPI for settings lower than 120 ( may crash when changing apps DPI. Lower than 80 will surely crash )
- Don't set DPI for camera lower than 140 in Phone Mode ( it will crash ).
- Make a backup with the app included of the layout when you first boot. If you get some trouble, you'll always be able to reset that
- First Boot will take a while, ROM is deodexed.
- Note that on First Boot everything will look like zeubea's CM9. This is for easier start. You'll have to customize your own DPIs and layouts in Settings > Paranoid Settings.
- Camcording should not work
- Settings/Memory FCs ( thanks to creepy bummer )
- No USB Mass Storage ( but ADB works fine. To view files on SDcard you can use QtADB, ADB with user interface ) ( Thanks to alomsong )
- "Authentication Error" when connecting to WPA2 networks ( not everyone has this problem ) ( Thanks to alomsong )
- Stock Phone.apk crashes when making/reciving a call. Go to Add-On or Post 28 to download feed3's edited Phone.apk. Then replace old apk with the edited ( follow ehmad's instructions at Post 39 )
- "Tablet Mode (Small)" on first load will set DPI for settings lower than 100. Settings will FC. Be careful when applying ( be ready to put hands on pad.prop ) or use "Tablet Mode (Optimized)".
- "Tablet Mode (Optimized)" on first boot will give troubles in unlocking ( flip horizontal, open camera, flip vertical, press home ). You can solve this changing framework-res DPI to 120/110/100. Also change SystemUI DPI to 110 and everything will look like "Tablet Mode (Small)".
zeubea for his awseome CM9 port.
Paranoid Android Team for their wonderful work
CyanogenMod for their ROM as base
Google for everything else
-- Help in building and Updating
feed3 for helping solving Keyboard problem, Automatic Brightness problem and (quite completly) Keys Backlight problem.
smithchipz for a lot of support buinding this release.
ranger4740 for help during initial part of this project.
-- Beta Testers
Based on zeubea's CM9.1 [Beta5] (Take a look to Beta5 Changelog)
New Trebuchet version
Fixed CMWallpapers integrated
Fixed Phone.apk Integrated ( thanks to feed3 for his apk )
Fixed Automatic Brightness ( now works without problems )
Fixed Keys Backlight ( with Automatic Brightness it works )
Fixed "Reboot to Bootloader" ( Removed option "Download" from reboot menu and added "Bootloader" )
v1 [DOWNLOAD1|DOWNLOAD2] [ DOWNLOAD2 provided by ehmad ]
Fixed Tablet Mode ( Now Working )
Fixed Keyboard ( Now Working on Standard DPI )