FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Paranoid Android 1.5a [CM9 HYBRID] [v3]

260 posts
Thanks Meter: 112

By Alunduyn, Senior Member on 19th July 2012, 07:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

Sadly, project has been dropped due to device switch ( now I own a Desire ). I wish to donate this ROM. PM me if you are interested to keep the project alive ( infos HERE )

Quote:

v3 out.
A first JB Alpha has been released. I've started working on PA2+ ports. PA1.5 will still be supported until a stable PA2+ will be released.

Please take a look to ALL THE INFOS. THERE IS A LOT OF IMPORTANT STUFF ON THIS POST!

Bades On zeubea's CM9 Beta5
( This ROM is made by quite only zeubea's untouched stuff. Please Thank him before me )
Based on GSII Paranoid Android 1.5a
( Only Framework and Apps. You'll find some useless GSII options. I'll use other ROMs in future )
Based on Paranoid Android

Quote:

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, they change two lines in your build.prop file which you could easily edit yourself in seconds and maybe throw a keyboard in there to make it work better. It's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank. Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. we're calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

Donations to CM http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/donate , to molesarecoming http://forum.xda-developers.com/donateome.php?u=4491046, to D4rKn3sSyS http://forum.xda-developers.com/donateome.php?u=3484876

Quote:

- CWM > Wipe Data/Cache | CWM > Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Download ROM [DOWNLOAD1]
( Note that the error window from Google is jus because the file is big, you can download with the link below )
- Flash Fixed ICS GApps [DIRECT LINK] [UNOFFICIAL FASTER DOWNLOAD]
- CWM > Advanced > Fix Permissions

If you're updating from previous version wipe is not needed, just flash this over.

Quote:

- Edited CMWallpaper.apk with resolution fix. [ integrated in v3 ]
--- Replace CMWallpaper.apk in /system/app with this one. It will fix the resolution problems in CyanogenMod's Wallpapers (more instructions just before Download).
--- [DOWNLOAD1]

- Edited LatinIME with new emoticons [IMAGE]
--- Replace LatinIME.apk in /system/app with this one. It will change displayed emoticons in Messaging app (more instructions just before Download).
--- [DOWNLOAD1]

- Edited Phone.apk with density fix ( credits to feed3. Thank him if now you can call to Obi-Wan Kenobi ) [ integrated in v3 ]
--- Have you noticed that when you make/recive a call, you just can't make/recive a call? This gives you a solution (more instructions just before Download. If you feel just too noob, you can also follow ehmad's instructions in Post 39).
--- [DOWNLOAD1]

- Center Clock
--- This is an edited SystemUI.apk that will center your clock on Phone Statusbar ( maybe even on tablet? ). Just replace old SystemUI with this new. MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE. Known Bugs : clock won't disappear when notifications are prompted (IMAGE)
--- [DOWNLOAD1]

Everything is uploaded on GDrive. If you want to reupload any of these files just PM me with the link, I'll add as DOWNLOAD2 (after testing,obviously).
If you want to share your add-on just PM me with link and description.

Quote:

- Take a look to the Paranoid Android Stuff
- Don't set DPI for settings lower than 120 ( may crash when changing apps DPI. Lower than 80 will surely crash )
- Don't set DPI for camera lower than 140 in Phone Mode ( it will crash ).
- Make a backup with the app included of the layout when you first boot. If you get some trouble, you'll always be able to reset that
- First Boot will take a while, ROM is deodexed.
- Note that on First Boot everything will look like zeubea's CM9. This is for easier start. You'll have to customize your own DPIs and layouts in Settings > Paranoid Settings.

Quote:

- Camcording should not work
- Settings/Memory FCs ( thanks to creepy bummer )
- No USB Mass Storage ( but ADB works fine. To view files on SDcard you can use QtADB, ADB with user interface ) ( Thanks to alomsong )
- "Authentication Error" when connecting to WPA2 networks ( not everyone has this problem ) ( Thanks to alomsong )
- Stock Phone.apk crashes when making/reciving a call. Go to Add-On or Post 28 to download feed3's edited Phone.apk. Then replace old apk with the edited ( follow ehmad's instructions at Post 39 )
- "Tablet Mode (Small)" on first load will set DPI for settings lower than 100. Settings will FC. Be careful when applying ( be ready to put hands on pad.prop ) or use "Tablet Mode (Optimized)".
- "Tablet Mode (Optimized)" on first boot will give troubles in unlocking ( flip horizontal, open camera, flip vertical, press home ). You can solve this changing framework-res DPI to 120/110/100. Also change SystemUI DPI to 110 and everything will look like "Tablet Mode (Small)".

Quote:

-- Sources
zeubea for his awseome CM9 port.
Paranoid Android Team for their wonderful work
CyanogenMod for their ROM as base
Google for everything else
-- Help in building and Updating
feed3 for helping solving Keyboard problem, Automatic Brightness problem and (quite completly) Keys Backlight problem.
smithchipz for a lot of support buinding this release.
ranger4740 for help during initial part of this project.
-- Beta Testers
ehmad

Quote:

v3 [DOWNLOAD1]
Based on zeubea's CM9.1 [Beta5] (Take a look to Beta5 Changelog)
New Trebuchet version
Fixed CMWallpapers integrated
Fixed Phone.apk Integrated ( thanks to feed3 for his apk )
v2 [DOWNLOAD1|DOWNLOAD2]
Fixed Automatic Brightness ( now works without problems )
Fixed Keys Backlight ( with Automatic Brightness it works )
Fixed "Reboot to Bootloader" ( Removed option "Download" from reboot menu and added "Bootloader" )
v1 [DOWNLOAD1|DOWNLOAD2] [ DOWNLOAD2 provided by ehmad ]
Fixed Tablet Mode ( Now Working )
Fixed Keyboard ( Now Working on Standard DPI )
v0 [DOWNLOAD1|DOWNLOAD2]
Initial release

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Alunduyn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alunduyn Ad-Free

19th July 2012, 07:38 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
--- PlaceHolder
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alunduyn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alunduyn Ad-Free
19th July 2012, 07:54 PM |#3  
Flag Ilam
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Good , if you need help i'm available
19th July 2012, 07:59 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Actually, I need some Beta Testers. If you can flash this and search for issues, I'd be very happy.

Upload is to 93%, just one more minute

Edit : Link should be OK!
19th July 2012, 08:16 PM |#5  
Flag Ilam
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
ok

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Download link is not work

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

link not work Upload rom in mediafire
19th July 2012, 08:19 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Are you sure? Note that after clicking that you have to choose "Download", and then Google will warn you that he can't scan the file. You can download it using the link below the warning (Download anyway). Is it still not working? Damn, I liked GDrive so much.

I'm uploading also on Mediafire. I'll fix the link again in few minutes. Sorry
The Following User Says Thank You to Alunduyn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alunduyn Ad-Free
19th July 2012, 09:16 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
You sir are the best (and all other devs that helped) !Unfortunately i can't test it because i have limited data here in poland.But i will try it until i come back home ( in 2 weeks D: )

Sent from my Legend using xda app-developers app
19th July 2012, 10:05 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks, I wish you'll like this ROM

Added mediafire Download Link for who can't download from GDrive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alunduyn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alunduyn Ad-Free
19th July 2012, 10:41 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I already like it

Sent from my Legend using xda app-developers app
19th July 2012, 10:42 PM |#10  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Well done Alex While your away I'll try to work to solve problems and fix anything unusual.
20th July 2012, 02:16 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
i will try your rom after i change my legend's screen, it looks very good, i like it.

Download link of ROM is work and the speed is great.

Download link of Gapps is work and the speed is poor.

Link of Gapps(gapps-ics-20120511-fixed.zip) is : http://115.com/file/c2vemf0v#
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)