FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(SOLVED )GPS permission fix with Root Explorer

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By jcw265, Junior Member on 22nd July 2012, 12:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a tablet that does not have GPS and it causing me not to be able to download certain apps ( facebook, evernote etc.. ) i know its due to the developer GPS manifest or at least I think I do, I have seen a thread on here about using script to add permission of gps to the tablet so the market will let me have these apps due to their lovely filters, can someone help me with a step by step edit using script manager, I think I have found the right area system/etc/permissions/tablet xml etc... but im just still kinda new at this, I have sideloaded some apps to get around this but there are many apps i use that i cant find and would like to get this script changed, please help

Here is how to fix this issue

A. Backup /system/etc/permissions (just take a copy with ES file explorer or root explorer.recommended just in case)
B. copy the xmlfiles files into /system/etc/permissions (android.hardware.location.gps.xml, android.hardware.location.xml, com.android.location.provider.xml, tablet_core_hardware.xml) agree to over write all of them
C. Make sure the file permission are rw-r-r (with ES file explorer, long tap then change properties on each file..to help you out all files in that directory need to be rw-r-r)
D. Go to settings->apps->all and tap Google Play Store
E. Click on Clear data
F. REBOOT tablet

market still not working

Go to settings->apps->all Go to “Google Play Store” again
‘Clear Cache’ if it lets you then ‘Force Stop’ — DO NOT Clear data

back and Go to “Google Services Framework”
‘Clear data’ then ‘Force Stop’

REBOOT your machine.

Then after reboot market is still not working.. then go into..
settings->apps->all google play store again open it but this time clear data if it lets you..

thats it exit open market up, login and you should now have full market access

Get the xml files from this link http://www.mediafire...ft28i70alfchc0m
The Following User Says Thank You to jcw265 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcw265 Ad-Free

7th November 2014, 11:38 PM |#2  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can you repost the xml files? I am wondering if I can follow these steps to do this on a Amazon FireTV.
28th November 2014, 06:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Files ..Dave..you can get the files here: android. googlesource. com/platform/frameworks/native/+/master/data/etc - i put a space in the link as I dont have enough permissions to post external links yet
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)