FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q]"Could not unlock network" - Arc S LT18i

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By assasss, Junior Member on 22nd July 2012, 11:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
HI guys,

I got an Xperia Arc S that was sim locked, so I contacted orange support and they gave me the code for unlocking, but when I entered the code it said "Could not unlock network", then I checked and the phone was hard locked..

I didn't enter any codes before orange gave me this one, and I bought it new, still its hard locked..

Is there any way that I can somehow undo the hard lock, so I can enter the unlock code??
Also does unlocking bootloader removes sim lock or hard lock??

Thx in advance

P.S.
It's 12W19 so the SETool doesn't work

22nd July 2012, 12:15 PM |#2  
Flag Kuwait City
Thanks Meter: 29

More
unlocking bootloader DOESN'T removes sim lock or hard lock.
22nd July 2012, 01:00 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realzahed

unlocking bootloader DOESN'T removes sim lock or hard lock.

OK, but can hard lock somehow be removed or something so I can enter the code?
10th August 2012, 06:28 PM |#4  
Flag Greater Detroit Area
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Bump.

Have the same problem with a BRAND NEW Sony Ericsson MK16a Xperia Pro from Fido in Canada.

I had earlier attempted a testpoint and it failed (only then did I find out about the post-12W14 ones not working with testpoint). Mine is 12W21.

I bought an unlock code, but it kept failing. I checked the unlock attempts counter in the hidden menu, and it showed 10 attempts, and that number decreased to 7 (I tried 3 times).

Brought the phone to the shop where I bought the code. They claim my phone is hardlocked!

Tried buying the code from another provider. Code is exactly the same as the one that didn't work.

Any idea what to do?
10th August 2012, 06:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by machoman1337

Have the same problem with a BRAND NEW Sony Ericsson MK16a Xperia Pro from Fido in Canada.

Any idea what to do?

Was it supposed to be unlocked in the first place? I'd just take it back to the place where I bought it.
10th August 2012, 07:22 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronicus

Was it supposed to be unlocked in the first place? I'd just take it back to the place where I bought it.

What do you mean by "supposed to be unlocked"? It was locked to begin with and I assumed I could just buy a code and unlock it like any other phone.

Before trying to use a bought code, I had tried a testpoint unlock which did not work due to this being a new security model.

Unfortunately I can't take it back to Fido because I'm past their 15 day return policy.

There is a Youtube video of an identical problem to mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aCxH2e47gY

I just want to verify if the new security MCUs are blocking the ability to use network unlock codes.
10th August 2012, 10:16 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

What do you mean by "supposed to be unlocked"? It was locked to begin with and I assumed I could just buy a code and unlock it like any other phone.

I don't really know how phones are being sold in Canada, but here in Finland you can just go and buy an unlocked phone. If it then turns out to be locked, of course they will have to unlock it for you.

Or, you can go and buy a phone with a subscription, in which case it may be locked to the carrier in question. YOYO if you switch carriers and still want to use the same phone.
10th August 2012, 10:51 PM |#8  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I'm having the same problem with a Fido Xperia U, had 10 attempts initially, now down to 4 after going through an ebay seller mister unlock and now cellunlocker.net, both provided me the same unlock code but it doesn't seems to work.

Mine's a brand new phone, everything stock, I even tried to reflash the firmware with the Sony PC Companion even though I had the latest firmware already.

Same as this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lCoGhc6BCE
15th November 2012, 06:27 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

All right, that makes at least 4 confirmed cases of new 2012 Fido Xperias not being unlockable with purchased codes. Let's bring this up with Fido and Sony and see what can be done.

machoman1337:

You have this unlock xperia pro things solved? I have exactly same problem. Purchased 2 codes from 2 suppliers. Codes are identical and not working. Someone is advertising software unlock at fastgsm.com
28th November 2012, 03:12 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minghe

machoman1337:

You have this unlock xperia pro things solved? I have exactly same problem. Purchased 2 codes from 2 suppliers. Codes are identical and not working. Someone is advertising software unlock at fastgsm.com

wow, this really is serious eh... I managed to sell that xperia in the end (locked). F*** Sony honestly.
7th December 2012, 02:14 AM |#11  
Flag Vaudreuil-Dorion
Thanks Meter: 7

More
if someone finds a solution please let me know.

I whiling to pay up to 30 CAD to unlock my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)