FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Phone keeps turning itself off. Has anyone else experienced this?

499 posts
Thanks Meter: 114

By theguitarman94, Senior Member on 22nd July 2012, 02:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I lock my phone and about 10 mins later I go to unlock it and the phone powers up meaning that it has been turned off. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the charge of the battery but it keeps doing this. The other week the phone wouldn't respond for about 5 hours I would touch it and the touch screen was completely dead. I locked the phone and then the screen went black and the touch buttons at the bottom lit up and that was it the phone crashed so I needed to restart it and it just wouldn't work. 5 hours later when I woke up it responded and Bare in mind I ran about 5 ruus to get the phone back to stock so it wasn't a software problem. So has anyone else experienced one of these problems. The random shutdown is my issue at the moment. I'm considering returning it for repair because isn't it true that htc have a 2 year warranty in the uk?

22nd July 2012, 03:05 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Thanks Meter: 2,382

More
Sounds daft but I'd put a piece of folded paper on top of the battery to ensure it has perfect contact and isn't able to move at all.....I have heard of others who have experienced this issue.

I would also see if you could get another battery for a short time and try that just to rule out that it is an issue with the battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to ben_pyett For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ben_pyett Ad-Free
22nd July 2012, 03:12 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_pyett

Sounds daft but I'd put a piece of folded paper on top of the battery to ensure it has perfect contact and isn't able to move at all.....I have heard of others who have experienced this issue.

I would also see if you could get another battery for a short time and try that just to rule out that it is an issue with the battery.

Doesn't sound daft it's a great Idea. I have blu-tack on the slide off cover at the bottom to keep it from jiggling as one of the plastic clips broke. I will probably test another battery because they aren't exactly expensive. Do you know anything about HTC's warranty int he uk ben_pyett? Thanks for the help
22nd July 2012, 06:22 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Thanks Meter: 2,382

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpinator

Doesn't sound daft it's a great Idea. I have blu-tack on the slide off cover at the bottom to keep it from jiggling as one of the plastic clips broke. I will probably test another battery because they aren't exactly expensive. Do you know anything about HTC's warranty int he uk ben_pyett? Thanks for the help

I have heard multiple users that they simply rang HTC up, complained that battery didn't work and got a new one sent out.....so try that....and attempt if possible to hang on to old one, as if it turns out to be device, you get a free battery
25th July 2012, 07:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same issue for me, it drove me nuts. Turned out to be a faulty battery when sent off to HTC/Vodafone for repair. They replaced it so I wonder if it's a known issue.

Sent from my Desire S using xda app-developers app
25th July 2012, 10:54 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

This.
My phone used to shut down randomly and I searched and found out that it is due to the bad design of battery placement in this phone. All I had to do was put a small piece of paper and it has never shutdown till then.
25th July 2012, 12:34 PM |#7  
Flag Cambridge

More
I'm definitely going to try this, I've been getting lots of resets and I'm relieved it's not a rom issue

edit: how many times did you guys fold the paper over?
25th July 2012, 01:27 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

i had issues with my phone turning off too, had it slightly wet at one point so i took it to a phone repair joint, they replaced a few things charged me and it had the same problems afterwards, a test battery proved it was the bloody battery all along!

the tech there let me know our batteries have a soft edge that when pushed up hard against the battery slot it slightly deforms, seems like a bad design if you look at the battery up close you can see one where the edges get pushed in a bit, (well on mine anyway) the test battery i borrowed didn't have the edges pushed in.
25th July 2012, 03:18 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 590

More
Had this problem too. Paper did the trick.
28th June 2017, 02:44 PM |#10  

More
My HTC 828 is always going off by itself, once I open the camera or put on my mobile data the phone goes off please what should I do?
16th July 2017, 01:25 PM |#11  

More
Me too have same problem..My HTC desire 828 dual sim turning off automatically, mostly when I play any videos or turning on camera. Tried factory reset many times but no use..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)