FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery life in sleep mode?

60 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By CenturionFive, Member on 23rd July 2012, 05:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have had my Nexus 7 (16gig) for a week now, bought it at a local Sam's. Overall I love it. My one complaint is a big one:

The battery seems to drain as fast when the tablet is put to sleep and when it is in use with the screen at 100% !

I powered up the Nexus 7 at about 11am this morning and the battery was at 100% after a full nights charge. I used it to read for about an hour then shut the screen down. It was undisturbed until it about 10:30pm and the battery was completely dead would not even display the charging icon, let alone boot up for about 5 minutes after put on the charger?

Do I have a defective unit or is something not set right? It is still stock 4.1.1.

My Kindle Fire had amazing battery life when in sleep mode, like more than 24 hours.

Cen5
The Following User Says Thank You to CenturionFive For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CenturionFive Ad-Free

23rd July 2012, 05:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
either defective or an app chewing it up.

My battery life is brilliant. I charged it up on Sat afternoon, took it off charger at 5pm. Didn't touch it again until 11am on Sunday morning -- 18 hours sleep -- and came back to it with 93% battery, This sleeps well, unlike my Xperia S
23rd July 2012, 09:22 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
The only complaint I have about he nexus is also battery life, although nowhere nears as bad as the op, it's not even close to the iPad, which I can leave on standby for a week and come back to with plenty of life left, i'm lucky to get 3 days of standby on the nexus.
23rd July 2012, 09:33 AM |#4  
Flag Mesa AZ
Thanks Meter: 636

More
a lot depends on what you have syncing in the background and what settings you have. I don't use social media accounts much at all and as a result am not logged into them or syncing them. When I shut off the screen I have very little battery drain at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to krelvinaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krelvinaz Ad-Free
23rd July 2012, 12:30 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Saturday night, I had 54% battery life when I went to bed. The next day, morning , I had 53%. Went to work...left it at home, came back 5 hours later 49%. Used it for a ittle while Went to see the dark knight, came back, 44%.

Now its at 10% after a few hours a constant use.
23rd July 2012, 02:22 PM |#6  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 66

More
set your N7's wifi policy to "OFF when Screen is Off". i bet a dollar it helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Number R09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Number R09 Ad-Free
23rd July 2012, 02:27 PM |#7  
Flag Kalispell,MT
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Sounds like an app or something is keeping the system awake. Check battery use settings. Has lots of useful information like keep awake time for different apps and stuff. Not perfect but gives an Idea.

I like to use the app "Batterysnap" so I get real time tracking for battery level, voltage, temp etc and I can view it in a nice graph.
23rd July 2012, 02:38 PM |#8  
Flag Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Thanks Meter: 335

Donate to Me
More
Might want check out Google wallet, sounds dumb i know. My battery seemed to drain more in sleep one day, went into Google wallet (this was an issue on the nexus s early on). Even though i had already set it up the app acted like it was never opened, and would sit there trying setup for first time use and would hang at loading the tos.

Might be in my head, but the device drains at a respectable rate now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
23rd July 2012, 02:51 PM |#9  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I had the same issue on my HTC HD2 running android, turned out it was an app that was running in the background keeping the GPS radio on and searching for a sat lock, disabled it and fixed the issue!
23rd July 2012, 03:16 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
just check your battery stats and see what's keeping the CPU churning.
23rd July 2012, 06:00 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Mine was losing 1% per hour until I uninstalled facebook and turned off GPS.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)