FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ported onto a Nokia N9

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By usmanjavid, Member on 23rd July 2012, 01:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
While the Nokia N9 might be Nokia’s first and last efforts at a MeeGo device, it certainly does not meant that developers for the handset have given up entirely as well. As you can see in the photo above, one particular developer has uploaded the picture onto his Twitter account, clearly showing what appears to be Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean running on the N9. We can’t tell if this is for real or if it is a fake, but if it is real, this is most definitely good news for N9 users who might be looking to give their device a new lease on life, much like how the HP TouchPad saw a recent surge in popularity due to its ability to run Android ROMs on it. It’s also hard to tell how far along this port is, but we will be sure to keep an eye out for more news regarding its status and availability, so stay tuned!

i hope for n9 forum and xda work on this greetings from pakistan
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to usmanjavid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift usmanjavid Ad-Free

23rd July 2012, 04:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 896

More
Pretty cool. I like the design of that device, as well as the Lumia, so this might make for a fun project phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to MissionImprobable For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MissionImprobable Ad-Free
11th October 2012, 09:19 PM |#3  
Flag Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey,

how can we get behind this? Want to know how to get this Android, etc. Would also like to see a Nokia N9 section.. think it's one of the most amazing smartphones ever built.. like N900. Classic.

As I recently got a brand new n9 64gb as a present by my girlfriend today <3 *happy*

Kind regards from Germany
18th September 2013, 03:58 AM |#4  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 118

More
I am ready working over the android port for the N9 as i have it with me as my 4th spare device. If i get 100 people at least asking or supporting this, i am ready starting this.
The Following User Says Thank You to deadlyheart4u For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deadlyheart4u Ad-Free
22nd September 2013, 04:37 AM |#5  
Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyheart4u

I am ready working over the android port for the N9 as i have it with me as my 4th spare device. If i get 100 people at least asking or supporting this, i am ready starting this.

Please develop this! I just got this phone to run Android on it! Please start developing 4.3 for it!

The people here at http://forum.nitdroid.com/ would really love it!
-Elo
20th November 2013, 11:20 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Would love to see that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyheart4u

Really hope that you will start working on the N9. I really love the phone, and I think it's a shame that it was pretty much left to die by Nokia. I've heard rumours about maybe a Jolla Sailfish port? I ain't no genius when it comes to programming, but, I do have a Nokia N9 and the will to help out in whatever testing you might need done.
11th June 2015, 08:38 AM |#7  
Flag Khon Kaen
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Any Hope of getting Lollipop on a N9
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics, jelly, nokian9, xda

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)