FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Install Button Disabled in Package installer

393 posts
Thanks Meter: 176

By Cyb0rgz, Senior Member on 23rd July 2012, 07:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,
Install Button disabled in Package installer screen.

I was using applanet application, suddenly I got the same
problem while installing 'Tasker'. Once I uninstalled
applanet, the problem has been solved. Again, I tried to
install any apk from file manager, 'install' button is
disabled.
I'm unable to install any app

Just Hope Xda guys can help me on this. Please help me
guys!

PS: After Rebooting the device, some of my apps are
missed out!! i.e., the Application installed via market also
got deleted. Then, Removed the battery and powered it
up, the Missed Application appeared again. its weired!

Cant find the root cause of this problem.

Can somebody help me on this please
Ta!
Cyborgz
Htc incredible s
Stock ROM- Android 2.3.5/Sense 3.0

25th July 2012, 11:21 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 2,810

Donate to Me
More
I found a fix today I have had this problem for 2 months and today decided to fix it at all costs here's what I did.

Go to settings>applications>manage applications>all

Look for media storage and select it now you click clear data job done I haven't rebooted to see if it sticks after reboot but it hopefully will

Sent from my Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to eoghan2t7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eoghan2t7 Ad-Free
26th July 2012, 07:30 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Thanks for your response. Great!! I just followed your steps and Rebooted my devices and its WORKING!!

Many thanks for getting things resolved. Its been the major problem with my device.

I Tried googling and found in many forums that its due to some unsigned apps that causing the problem. Just wondered, how clearing the media contents resolved this one.

Could you please provide the scene behind media storage and please let me know hoe could this solves the issue.
26th July 2012, 09:34 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 2,810

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb0rgz

Thanks for your response. Great!! I just followed your steps and Rebooted my devices and its WORKING!!

Many thanks for getting things resolved. Its been the major problem with my device.

I Tried googling and found in many forums that its due to some unsigned apps that causing the problem. Just wondered, how clearing the media contents resolved this one.

Could you please provide the scene behind media storage and please let me know hoe could this solves the issue.

im currently researching the media storage app because i dont no exactly what it does just but as a guess its what controls the android os in detecting free space etc. As soon as i find a definite answer i will reply here
30th July 2012, 11:43 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoghan2t7

im currently researching the media storage app because i dont no exactly what it does just but as a guess its what controls the android os in detecting free space etc. As soon as i find a definite answer i will reply here

Hi There, It seems like temporary fix for this issue. When the media app has some data in it, this problem reproduced. is there any permanent way to get rid of it?

Am in GB2.3.5, very sooner, i will get ICS 4.0.4 in my device. will that solve this problem?

Kindly help me..
5th February 2014, 10:17 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
install touch boton disable
CONGRATULATIONS, You really are great, clear media data solved the problem even without rebooting.

I have been surfing for a solutin wihout succes till I founded this Foto.

THANKS. thanks I meet your comments.

Do not give up and find the root cause.

PedroJ111.
4th May 2014, 04:14 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
my solution
I use an app called screen filter at night to darken my screen. I have found that the install button won't function when screen filter is engaged, disengage it and the install
button works again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orangecone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift orangecone Ad-Free
18th June 2014, 05:55 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecone

I use an app called screen filter at night to darken my screen. I have found that the install button won't function when screen filter is engaged, disengage it and the install
button works again.

Thanks, I had the same problem, solved now after disabling the screen filter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr.purple For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dr.purple Ad-Free
7th May 2015, 03:29 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.purple

Thanks, I had the same problem, solved now after disabling the screen filter.

Here's the thing for me though... I don't use a screen filter. I have always just used the display timer in the device's settings. And I do have "Unknown Sources" enabled. It just stopped working though.

I tried the Media Storage fix, but it didn't work, before or after rebooting.

See signature for device, Rooted, running KitKat 4.4.4

Thank you!
7th May 2015, 05:39 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuszoos

Here's the thing for me though... I don't use a screen filter. I have always just used the display timer in the device's settings. And I do have "Unknown Sources" enabled. It just stopped working though.

I tried the Media Storage fix, but it didn't work, before or after rebooting.

See signature for device, Rooted, running KitKat 4.4.4

Thank you!

UPDATE: Figured it out! Of all things, it was a Clipboard app that I recently installed, called "Copy Bubble". Thanks though!
10th September 2015, 06:58 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I had the same situation, I mean when I tried to install any apps with unknown source I had active cancel button and inactive install button.
After wipe and install clean rom everything was OK so I was sure that issue was by my installed apps. In this case: Lux Auto Brithness. After freezing this apps - install button is active.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)