Originally Posted by eschelon
Synergy_JellyBean_BETA_v.01: http://beta.androidfilehost.com/?a=s...files&flid=660 (MD5: 584812408cec367565fff8c9d754c179)
First, HUGE thanks for Incubus for his Jelly Bean builds (which have also had considerable help from remf4i and others). They deserve to be thanked profusely for their work; go find a way to thank them.
That being said, this is still a leaked (means non-final) build for a Galaxy S3 on a different carrier. Stuff will be broken and buggy. Try to keep bug reports high level at this point (i.e. no comments about minor problems or apps from the app store that don't work). Let's just focus on the big stuff now so that we can get this stable. Once that's done we'll start having some fun.
r73 is still considered the stable build as this beta JB build is just for playing with right now. Also, there is minimal theming done since, again, this is a lower level priority until things are stable. Then we'll get to the fun stuff. We just wanted to get a Synergized JB version out in the meantime so we only included the most essential hacks and tweaks.
- Incubus’ Jelly Bean base (so all his tweaks are already built in)
- Removed all of Samsung’s backend root checks and other spyware (service is no longer running but it thinks it is as device status shows “Normal” HA! As always, excellent hack by TrevE)
- Ramdisk tweaks
- Removed some bloat (we’ll pull more out later once we figure out what’s stable to remove)
- Galaxy Note 2 Camera and Gallery are included
- Double tap of home button launches Google Now or S Voice (your choice)
- Boot animation support (we left our placeholder boot ani in there for now)
- Synergized updater
- 4G and WiFi speed tweaks
- Ads blocked
- Some apps moved to /data for easy management
- Other tweaks and enhancements
(We'll always have some until an official Verizon base is leaked)
DO NOT restore any system data via TiBu (well, ok, you can do WiFi passwords) and DO NOT flash any mods from the first page when using the Jelly Bean ROM
- Our EFS backup fails in updater on install. We need to do some kernel tweaks to get this working again. Ignore this for now
- To clear the software update notification open it, choose US, then hit ‘Later’ and accept the warning. Gone
- Randomly vibrates and/or makes the water droplet sound
- WiFi tether doesn’t seem to work, you’ll have to find an alternate tethering program
- You may see random reboots
- There may be some occasional screen flickering (I'm not liable if you have a seizure when you open the Email app and try to set up an acct )
- Random VZWPIN messages sometimes show up (these are hidden system messages that Verizon uses for Backup Asst, but since we don't have BUA on this build the messages show up)
- GPS is hit and miss. Don't rely on it
Got it installed and booted up and all my apps loaded back via TiBu. First boot took a little longer than anticipated so that's something the fans should be aware of.
Only issue so far is that Gallery FC's when I long tap on the home screen to try to go in and change my wallpaper. If I go into the Gallery app, I can change the wallpaper from there.
Just got the screen flicker you mentioned...bright blue, like the phone is having a seizure. Happened about 10 mins into me setting everything up. I wasn't in the Email app; I was in PlayerPro, updating my album artwork and as soon as it finished updating, the screen went nuts for about 2-3 seconds.
I'll edit this if I run into additional things as I set stuff up.