FORUMS

Phone always boots in recovery

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By peachsun.v, Junior Member on 24th July 2012, 08:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was trying to restore my phone to previous state using Rom Manager. Phone restarted in recovery mode, formatted the boot partition and failed to restore. I applied existing of CWM ROM update.zip and snce then my phone restarts in Recovery mode everytime.

I tried one click restore using ODIN, Heimdall nothing worked. recreated the partitions wiped everything, loaded stock ROM but still the phone boots up in recovery mode.

Please suggest some pointers on how to troubleshoot this problem.
25th July 2012, 04:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsun.v

I tried one click restore using ODIN, Heimdall nothing worked. recreated the partitions wiped everything, loaded stock ROM but still the phone boots up in recovery mode.

Please suggest some pointers on how to troubleshoot this problem.

do you mean the one click for installing stock rom or something else?
25th July 2012, 05:07 AM |#3  

More
I had the same problem a few days ago couldn't figure it Out. searched and searched for the right image
Files for my Nexsus S. I ended up wiping everything and flashed all the image files with TRWP cause CWR wouldn't work
for the stock ICS and and it worked fine. Now I'm running the 4.1.1 jellybean it sweet.Hope this helps.
Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Sammyazel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sammyazel Ad-Free
25th July 2012, 02:38 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irfarf

do you mean the one click for installing stock rom or something else?

Yes the one click package for installing Stock ROM. it did repartitioning, wiped all data, loaded everything successfully. but after booting it shows up the recovery screen.
25th July 2012, 05:09 PM |#5  

More
Quote:

Yes the one click package for installing Stock ROM. it did repartitioning, wiped all data, loaded everything successfully. but after booting it shows up the recovery screen.

Hmmm... i've heard of cases where the power button on the captivate refuses to be 'unpressed' which makes it boots up just by plugging in the battery,
Maybe it's like that with your volume buttons?
Does it feels a little bit weird like it doesn't click when you press it?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to irfarf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift irfarf Ad-Free
25th July 2012, 05:42 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irfarf

Hmmm... i've heard of cases where the power button on the captivate refuses to be 'unpressed' which makes it boots up just by plugging in the battery,
Maybe it's like that with your volume buttons?
Does it feels a little bit weird like it doesn't click when you press it?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

Thats a good point...
The buttons seem to be normal. I tried keytest and the results look fine
Volume Up : 115
Volume Down : 114
Power : 116
Menu : 139
Home : 102
Search : 217
Back : 158

Moreover I can access recovery and flash any ROM that I have on SDCard. Funny part whenever I flash a new ROM I see a new recovery

Do you know of anyway use ADB without booting phone and putting it in debugging mode?

Thanks for your inputs.
25th July 2012, 06:06 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Smile
Update: Issue is resolved

I'm not sure on exactly what worked. Using System Corps Recovery, I changed all the partitions to ext4. Made some random changes to toggles during boot. Restarted in download mode and flashed a one click stock rom from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12&postcount=3

it booted in recovery, then clicked on Flash Bootloader in one click and restarted the phone in download mode and flashed it again with the same ROM.

Thats it. I feel that Bootloader did the trick, but I had it flashed earlier as well.

Thanks irfarf & Sammyazel for your inputs on this.
The Following User Says Thank You to peachsun.v For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peachsun.v Ad-Free
9th August 2012, 02:09 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Update: Issue is resolved

I'm not sure on exactly what worked. Using System Corps Recovery, I changed all the partitions to ext4. Made some random changes to toggles during boot. Restarted in download mode and flashed a one click stock rom from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12&postcount=3

it booted in recovery, then clicked on Flash Bootloader in one click and restarted the phone in download mode and flashed it again with the same ROM.

Thats it. I feel that Bootloader did the trick, but I had it flashed earlier as well.

Thanks irfarf & Sammyazel for your inputs on this.

congrats!!

i do also think that it was the boot loader is the problem here
i had a few problem with my friends cappy won't go into download mode and whenever it boots up, it shows a bunch of random colors than a boot image. turns out that the last bootloader flash wasn't done correctly or something.
10th September 2012, 01:00 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Confirmed - the problem is with the bootloader. Once I flashed an original firmware from Samsung, I was then able to install CWM and any ROM I wish after that. Not sure what caused the problem, but this was the solution in my case. Thanks to everyone who pointed me in the right direction!!!
2nd October 2012, 07:47 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,I am new to android world.....i am having the same issue...My zte blade is always booting into recovery mode....
Can anyone help me what to do now????
2nd October 2012, 09:10 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2,487

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkin304

Hi,I am new to android world.....i am having the same issue...My zte blade is always booting into recovery mode....
Can anyone help me what to do now????

U may have a stuck or malfunctioning power button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)