FORUMS

[APP] SMS2PC, Free for XDA

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 127

Post Reply Email Thread

Hopefully this is okay to post in this section. Although this app is payed for on the Android Market I am offering it to the XDA community for free.

SMS2PC is a small app that runs in the background on Windows, Mac and Linux and allows you to send/receive messages via your Android phone. This, at the time of release, was the first SMS sending app for Android. There are now lots of alternatives but I think my app still has the polish and desktop integration (you don't need to keep browser open) that some people prefer.

You can download the APK attached, copy over through USB etc.

To download the desktop client, visit: w w w .geekyscott. com / sms2pc/ (sorry i cant post links....)

I hope you will all enjoy the app. Please don't post it on other websites as I would like this to be an XDA-exclusive thing. In a few months when I get the time to clean my source, I will upload the source for everyone to use/extend.

Features:
  • Auto PC location (no need to enter IP address on WIFI)
  • Forwards SMS from mobile phone to desktop (osx, windows or linux(beta))
  • Multi-send messages from desktop
  • Phone address book sync with phone
  • Handles send notifications and delivery notifications
  • Secure Encryption
  • Customizable interface
  • USB support (enable debugging on phone)
  • WIFI support
  • Connect over internet via 3G
  • Syncs message history
  • Message smiles/emoticons
  • Custom desktop audio notifications
  • Streamlined, simple and clear interface

Thanks for being a great community.

p.s. My old account is ScottishGeek, it would be nice to merge that with this if any mods read this.
Attached Files
File Type: apk SMS2PC.apk - [Click for QR Code] (59.8 KB, 4708 views)
The Following 114 Users Say Thank You to GeekyScott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GeekyScott Ad-Free
25th July 2012, 05:24 PM |#2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 279

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyScott

Hopefully this is okay to post in this section. Although this app is payed for on the Android Market I am offering it to the XDA community for free.

SMS2PC is a small app that runs in the background on Windows, Mac and Linux and allows you to send/receive messages via your Android phone. This, at the time of release, was the first SMS sending app for Android. There are now lots of alternatives but I think my app still has the polish and desktop integration (you don't need to keep browser open) that some people prefer.

You can download the APK attached, copy over through USB etc.

To download the desktop client, visit: w w w .geekyscott. com / sms2pc/ (sorry i cant post links....)

I hope you will all enjoy the app. Please don't post it on other websites as I would like this to be an XDA-exclusive thing. In a few months when I get the time to clean my source, I will upload the source for everyone to use/extend.

Thanks for being a great community.

p.s. My old account is ScottishGeek, it would be nice to merge that with this if any mods read this.

Does your cell phone need signal to send the messages to your PC?
Or does it forward messages straight off the network?

Sent from my LG-P920
25th July 2012, 05:27 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Edinburgh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyzz

Does your cell phone need signal to send the messages to your PC?
Or does it forward messages straight off the network?

Sent from my LG-P920

It can link to your computer via USB, WiFi or Cell. Cell isn't recommended unless you have a good quality 3G network. It will be able to send a message as long as you have the smallest connection to your cell tower. I for example, leave my phone in an area in my flat I get signal (near the window) and use my laptop to send receive deep :P in my living room where normally I am in a black spot.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeekyScott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GeekyScott Ad-Free
25th July 2012, 08:46 PM |#4  
Flag Corfu, Ny
Thanks Meter: 106

More
So wait. This application will install on my PC, connect to my Android phone, and allow me to send SMS text messages to my phone contacts on my PC? I tried airdriod for that but I had to refresh in order to see new messages. Which was an inconvenience. If this is the case with this app, will it work in real time?

Sent from EVO LTE using the XDA app
25th July 2012, 09:15 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Edinburgh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooonimrodooo

So wait. This application will install on my PC, connect to my Android phone, and allow me to send SMS text messages to my phone contacts on my PC? I tried airdriod for that but I had to refresh in order to see new messages. Which was an inconvenience. If this is the case with this app, will it work in real time?

Sent from EVO LTE using the XDA app

Yes and yes. Why don't you try it?
The Following User Says Thank You to GeekyScott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GeekyScott Ad-Free
25th July 2012, 11:00 PM |#6  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 72

More
very usefull ..
WoW.. It works fine and fast

Thanks mate!

Frank

Note: I love Edinburgh, i love Scottland (3 times along these years on holidays....Where is Nessy? )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lock Ness.jpg
Views:	2353
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	1222686  
The Following User Says Thank You to mainsail For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mainsail Ad-Free
26th July 2012, 01:13 AM |#7  
Flag Red Bluff, California
Thanks Meter: 2,360

Donate to Me
More
works great
thanks
26th July 2012, 03:41 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
thank you very much for this. may i ask for another feature?

i'm using a dual sim phone so would it be possible to have an option to choose from which simcard to send an sms in the sms2pc desktop client?
26th July 2012, 06:02 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
is it possible to make whatsapp / facebook messenger to work like this as well?
26th July 2012, 11:12 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Edinburgh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalbloodvi

is it possible to make whatsapp / facebook messenger to work like this as well?

At this time there is no support for these messengers... but there is a possibility to make this happens. It really depends if the support 3rd party API's or if they have a simple database I can hook into. But sending may be a problem. Ill have a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsap

thank you very much for this. may i ask for another feature?

i'm using a dual sim phone so would it be possible to have an option to choose from which simcard to send an sms in the sms2pc desktop client?

If the Android API supports switching between dual sim then I will be able to implement this. I will have a look in the next few days.
26th July 2012, 12:21 PM |#11  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Hi friend.. I think there is a problem between your program and Cerbelus. This morning I have been testing sending messages. Later, i´seen seen my phone communication has stopped working and then i have had to reset my device because was hanged. After reset and phone communications right i´ve received a message from Cerbelus with an alert message due SIM change. Now my Samsung SII works ok again but i turned off SMS2PC. Very strange. Can there be a conflict??

Frank
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)