I am having Windows XP SP3 and I was experencing the same USB MTP installation failure, I updated my Windows Media Player and it fixed the problem. The option in Windows Media Player Help->Check for updates was not working, so I downloaded Media Player from Microsoft webiste and installed it and after that driver is now working fine.
I've read all the 8 pages of this thread, and no solution was good for me (no UpperFilters, no clear data, no Kies reinstall, etc.).
But I ran into a very simple solution that finally allowed the S4 to be recognized:
- Disconnect your S4 from your PC.
- Unmount your SD card from the Storage menu.
- Turn off your phone and remove the SD card.
- Turn on your phone and after boot, reconnect the phone to your computer. Now it should be able to recognize your Galaxy S4.
- Disconnect your phone, turn it off and reinsert your SD card.
- Turn on your phone and after boot, reconnect the phone to your computer. Now you can see the SD content
Original thread I've found this answer (new user, not allowed to post a link yet):
Hopefully this help other here!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|