FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[INDEX] Complete guide for galaxy ace plus[GT-S7500] [root, cwm, rom, etc]

736 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,630

Post Reply Email Thread

INTRODUCTION:

Q:What is difference between GT-S7500 and GT-S7500L?
A: S7500 is international version of galaxy ace plus and S7500L is for latin america. see this

Q: are they different?
A: Yes they are different. So using any thing made for S7500 should not be used for S7500L. It can brick your device.see this

Q:Can i install S7500 ROMs on my S7500L ?
A:No , DO NOT INSTALL , or you will get a BRICKED phone !!

Q:What is ROOT ?
A:In the unix/linux world root is the super user that can do anything on the system. In the windows world the user is called Administrator. See THIS for a more detailed

Q:What are the advantages of rooting ?
A:Install Custom Rom , remove bloatware , Overclocking , Backup apps and many more.

Q:What are the disadvantage if rooting ?
A:Your warranty is now void !!
FOR MORE INFO GO HERE

Q:How to root my S7500?
A:Follow the guide below

Q:How to unroot ?
A:By flashing stock firmware !!

Q: What is Kernel ?
A:In computing, the kernel is the main component of most computer operating systems; it is a bridge between applications and the actual data processing done at the hardware level.

Q:What is Stock ROM ?
A:A stock ROM is the version of the phone's operating system that comes with your phone when you buy it.

Q:What is Custom ROM ?
A:A custom ROM is a fully standalone version of the OS, including the kernel (which makes everything run), apps, services, etc - everything you need to operate the device, except it's customized by someone in some way.

Q:So what does the "customized" part mean?
A:Since Android is open source, developers are free to take stock ROMs, modify them, strip them of garbage, optimize them, add things, and pretty much do whatever their imagination and skills allow.

Q:Is there a Custom rom for S7500?
A:Yes there a few custom roms for S7500, based on GingerBread (Android v2.3) , such as ATOMIC ROM, ALACRITOUS ROM, and MORE COMMING SOON!!!

Q:What is a BRICKED phone ?
A:When used in reference to consumer electronics, a "brick" describes an electronic device such as a smart phone, game console, router, or tablet computer that owing to a serious misconfiguration, corrupted firmware, software, or a hardware problem, can no longer function .

Q: Can i repair my Bricked phone ?
A: Yes, flash stock rom or with a help of USB JIG .

Q:How to remove that ugly yellow triangle, at the boot screen ?
A:Use triangle away app by @Chainfire

Q:Where can i find firmwares(stock rom) for my s7500?
A: At sammobile.com

Quote:

Check out this Reference guide by @omarilzz about [important]

• Getting a Phone Bricked and fixing it.
  • different models of galaxy ace plus and there source and stock firmware.
  • And more

for rest use google.com

ROOT & CWM RECOVERY

CWM RECOVERY

first download odin here or here

1. CWM 5.5.0.4 BY @blackburner
  1. Download the cwm tar package.
  2. Put phone into download mode and connect to the PC And open odin3
  3. Flash the cwm tar package as PDA and wait for phone to reboot.

2. CWM 5.5.0.4 BY @mb-14
  1. Download the cwm package.
    download cwm recovery from its original post. -> HERE

3. CWM 6.0.1.2 BY @bhocan and @dodoik
  1. Download the cwm package.
    download cwm recovery from its original post. -> HERE

4. TWRP BY @TheWhisp
  1. Download the twrp package.
  3. Flash the twrp tar package as PDA and wait for phone to reboot.
    download twrp recovery from -> HERE

ROOTING GALAXY ACE PLUS GT-S7500

NOTE: THERE ARE THREE GUIDES FOR ROOTING ACE PLUS.(choose accordingly)

FIRST GUIDE:
Rooting:
This technique should work on any stock firmware.
  1. First flash CWM recovery.Instructions are given above.
  2. Boot in CWM recovery and connect phone to PC.
  3. Download and extract the RootMe.zip package on your PC.
  4. Run runme.bat on PC while phone is in recovery mode
  5. Reboot the phone after process is over.

THIS GUIDE IS OFFICIALLY FROM @mb-14

FOR DOWNLOADS GO TO ORIGINAL THREAD.

SECOND GUIDE:
Rooting:
  1. First flash CWM recovery.Instructions are given above.
  2. Download root_sgap.zip package on your PC.
  3. Copy root_sgap.zip package to your phone's sdcard or external sdcard.
  4. Boot into cwm recovery.[switch of mobile and then press volume up + volume down + home button + power button]
  5. Select 'install zip from sdcard' and chose root_sgap.zip.
  6. Wait for zip to flash.
  7. Reboot the phone after process is over.

THIS GUIDE IS OFFICIALLY FROM @dodoik" and "@bhocan".

FOR DOWNLOADS GO TO ORIGINAL THREAD.

THIRD GUIDE:
Rooting:
  1. Download and unzip Odin3.zip package.
  2. Download the ROOT.tar file.
  3. Put the phone into download mode(volume down+home+power on) and connect to the PC.
  4. Open Odin and flash the ROOT.tar file as PDA.Wait for the phone to reboot.
  5. Now root using DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit available from here

Note:
The yellow triangle at boot can be removed using Triangle away app from @Chainfire. Google search for it.

Quote:

Recovery Mode: volume up + volume down + home + power
Download Mode: volume down + home + power

IF YOU ARE STILL FACING ANY PROBLEMS COMMENT BELOW.
The Following 95 Users Say Thank You to j.posarekar70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j.posarekar70 Ad-Free
28th July 2012, 01:15 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag ◢| MUMBAI |◣

More
stock rom, custom rom, kernel.

STOCK ROM.

Requirements
  • Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500
  • A Windows PC
  • Fully charged phone or at least 70% battery left.
  • Enable USB Debugging on your phone. You can do this by heading to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging. Make sure that there is a check mark beside that option.
  • Install the USB drivers for your phone on your computer. (The easiest way is to install Samsung KIES.)
  • Temporarily disable any antivirus software, firewalls, and Samsung KIES on your PC as they may interrupt the installation process.

Instructions

Use these instructions at your own risk. Do not hold me responsible for whatever damage occurs on your phone arising from your use of these instructions.
  1. Download the Latest firmware package for the Galaxy Ace Plus from here and odin3 from here and save it to your PC.
  2. Extract the downloaded ZIP files using any extracting software such as WinRAR or 7-Zip and place the files in a single folder. You should have files namelydepends on firmware you have downloaded)
    Quote:

• Odin3 v1.83.exe
    • S7500DDLB1_S7500ODDLB1_S7500DDLB1_HOME.tar.md5
    • SS_DL.dll

3. On your PC, launch the Odin3 application by double-clicking on Odin3.exe.
  4. Switch off your phone completely.
  5. Boot the phone into Download Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button until you are welcomed by a green robot indicating you are in Download Mode.
  6. Once the phone is in Download mode, connect your phone to your PC while keeping the Odin3 application running.
  7. Within a few moments, the ID:COM section in the Odin3 application will turn yellow. This indicates that the necessary drivers for your device have been successfully installed on your computer.
  8. In Odin3, click the PDA button. Browse for S7500DDLB1_S7500ODDLB1_S7500DDLB1_HOME.tar.md5 and select it.
  9. In the Option section in Odin3, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked.
  10. Hit the “Start” button in Odin3 to begin flashing the Gingerbread firmware to your phone. It may take 5-10 minutes for the installation process to finish. Your phone should automatically reboot itself.
  11. As soon as you see the Samsung splash screen, disconnect your phone from your PC.
  12. Switch off your phone completely.
  13. Reboot the phone into Recovery Mode. You can do this by holding down the Volume Up and Home buttons, then pressing down the Power button.
  14. Once inside recovery, perform a wipe:
  15. Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on the screen that follows to confirm data wipe.
  16. Select “wipe cache partition”, then select “Yes” on the screen that follows to confirm wiping your phone’s cache partition.
  17. Head back to the main menu, then select “Reboot system now” to reboot your device.
Congratulations! You have successfully applied the official Android firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500.

KERNEL

CUSTOM ROM

Visit this FAQ thread before you flash any rom.

[QUOTE]
Quote:

ONLY GT-S7500
GINGERBREAD 2.3.*

JELLY BEAN 4.1.* AND 4.2.*
ONLY GT-S7500L
GINGERBREAD 2.3.*

The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to j.posarekar70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j.posarekar70 Ad-Free
28th July 2012, 01:16 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag ◢| MUMBAI |◣

More
mods and themes.

Guides
All in one
Theming
Mods
Signatures
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to j.posarekar70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j.posarekar70 Ad-Free
28th July 2012, 01:16 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag ◢| MUMBAI |◣

More
Reserved..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j.posarekar70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j.posarekar70 Ad-Free
28th July 2012, 01:17 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag ◢| MUMBAI |◣

More
OTHER THINGS BY LOKESH SAINI ( RC-RT @lokeshsaini94 ) :
all are for galaxy ace plus and other devices too...

Aroma installer based ATOMODS to have all cool mods, tweaks, apps, cwm recovery, kernel etc on any rom even stock rom...(MUST TRY)
[AROMA] █ ATOMODS █ [Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500][Mods/Tweaks/Apps/CWM/Kernel]

Guide for those who want to customize there rom on there own... doo cool mods like center clock,CRT animation, ics and jelly bean style mods etc...
[GUIDE] [MODS] Collection of mods for all gingerbread[2.3] phones..(specifically explained for galaxy ace plus users)

Learn compiling and decompiling apk files my way
[Guide] COMPILE/DECOMPILE APK FILES MY WAY

Guide on how to make you own custom rom(easy way) (using kitchen)
[GUIDE] [how to] CREATE OWN ROM [FOR ANY ANDROID DEVICE] [FOR N00B] [EASIEST METHODS]
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to j.posarekar70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j.posarekar70 Ad-Free
28th July 2012, 03:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ie posible
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokeshsaini94

Reserved...

hi, have a 7500L with a stok rom from movistar peru,
i change the firmware for the trinidad and tobago official rom 7500l too
for, i have a question, can i change the firmware for one of the 7500 officia? before a have a 5830 from tim italy and i change the firfirmware for one of 5830L from brazil, i have to change the base band and upgrade but had no probs, i think that th diference betewn VERSION - L and no L is only the red from operators or bands from the signal for calls... u can explainmethis? i want to put a cook rom to this 7500L i can change the firmware?
28th July 2012, 03:58 PM |#7  
Flag Behind you!!!
Thanks Meter: 4,040

More
you can not change your firmware.... and if you flash these roms you will brick your phone(i know this because few have bricked there phones on my rom )... but when i will upload how to make your own rom.. then you can make your own rom using that guide... till than flash these roms at your own risk afterwards don't blame me for that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahxto

hi, have a 7500L with a stok rom from movistar peru,
i change the firmware for the trinidad and tobago official rom 7500l too
for, i have a question, can i change the firmware for one of the 7500 officia? before a have a 5830 from tim italy and i change the firfirmware for one of 5830L from brazil, i have to change the base band and upgrade but had no probs, i think that th diference betewn VERSION - L and no L is only the red from operators or bands from the signal for calls... u can explainmethis? i want to put a cook rom to this 7500L i can change the firmware?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lokeshsaini94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lokeshsaini94 Ad-Free
28th July 2012, 08:52 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
oo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokeshsaini94

you can not change your firmware.... and if you flash these roms you will brick your phone(i know this because few have bricked there phones on my rom )... but when i will upload how to make your own rom.. then you can make your own rom using that guide... till than flash these roms at your own risk afterwards don't blame me for that...

Ok, thanx ... u know where i can found the ROM of movistar Peru, I don't want that my phone deserve guaranty, is new, with the Brazilian firmware change the bootloader from operator movistar, I'm still in **** <} jeje ... or maybe some to make go back my ROM original (movistar Peru - Trinidad y Tobago ROM but with the movistar custom) the lastime how erase the counter from download mode .... THANk U VERY MUCH BRO....

with my phone 5830 no had a problem, cwm, and root but now in better model , I can't make nothing, even root :/ ... Im wait this custom to square ROM xD . well I'm still more that be sure that I no one that say thanks...
28th July 2012, 10:03 PM |#9  
Flag Behind you!!!

More
sorry... i dont know about those roms...
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahxto

Ok, thanx ... u know where i can found the ROM of movistar Peru, I don't want that my phone deserve guaranty, is new, with the Brazilian firmware change the bootloader from operator movistar, I'm still in **** <} jeje ... or maybe some to make go back my ROM original (movistar Peru - Trinidad y Tobago ROM but with the movistar custom) the lastime how erase the counter from download mode .... THANk U VERY MUCH BRO....

with my phone 5830 no had a problem, cwm, and root but now in better model , I can't make nothing, even root :/ ... Im wait this custom to square ROM xD . well I'm still more that be sure that I no one that say thanks...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lokeshsaini94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lokeshsaini94 Ad-Free
29th July 2012, 04:14 AM |#10  
Recognized Contributor / Retired Mod / Portal Writer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,796

Donate to Me
More
This should be moved to galaxy ace's section
Ask a mod to do the needful...
29th July 2012, 04:32 AM |#11  
Flag Behind you!!!

More
Dude this is for galaxy pce plus... which dosnt hve any fourm of it own

Sent from my GT-S7500 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to lokeshsaini94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lokeshsaini94 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ace plus, index, rom, root, s7500

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)