Thanks Meter: 233

By CoolrunnerII, Senior Member on 29th July 2012, 12:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th April 2013, 07:26 PM |#311  
Thanks Meter: 279

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolrunnerII

No, the kernel in the new rom has some improvements over the one in boot_LCD_power_off.img

Temp and vpn won't work after flashing that.

Maybe we should remove some of the old files now. What do you think BrianXP?

We should just mark them as "deprecated". I'll do some maintenance on some descriptions and stuff so it's uniform.

Also, I think it's time to edit the build instructions for Ubuntu 13.04. I'm running the beta of it now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianXP7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BrianXP7 Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 07:03 AM |#312  
OP Senior Member
Flag Trondheim

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianXP7

We should just mark them as "deprecated". I'll do some maintenance on some descriptions and stuff so it's uniform.

Also, I think it's time to edit the build instructions for Ubuntu 13.04. I'm running the beta of it now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

That's very nice of you

I started working on a gingerbread revision compile now. It looks like it compiles now, after some issues with CMStat. I'll publish a rom when I have tried it myself.

CRII
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoolrunnerII For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CoolrunnerII Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 10:59 PM |#313  
OP Senior Member
Flag Trondheim

More
I finally got the gingerbread build through. The rom is in the download list. Please give feedback if you have any.

I tried the antutu benchmark and got 500.

If the build works OK I think I'll base future ROM's on this branch.

CRII
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoolrunnerII For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CoolrunnerII Ad-Free
16th April 2013, 05:50 AM |#314  
Thanks Meter: 279

More
Quote:

I finally got the gingerbread build through. The rom is in the download list. Please give feedback if you have any.

I tried the antutu benchmark and got 500.

If the build works OK I think I'll base future ROM's on this branch.

CRII

What changes are in the new branch? Just curious.
16th April 2013, 06:56 AM |#315  
OP Senior Member
Flag Trondheim

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianXP7

What changes are in the new branch? Just curious.

Most of it is translations, but I think there are some optimizations in the java runtime.

I have been trying to figure out a way to get a changelog with repo but havent figured out anything yet.

I looks like vpn is included by default now, so you wont need a separate app to do that anymore. Apart from that I havent found anything radical yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to CoolrunnerII For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CoolrunnerII Ad-Free
16th April 2013, 08:29 PM |#316  
OP Senior Member
Flag Trondheim

More
I have been thinking about the battery level. I am so fed up with it being all over the place, so I am thinking about just reporting a linear value based on battery voltage. When charging for short periods this will give misleading readings, but the readings are bogus anyway.

When charging it will go to 100% very fast, but it won't stop charging until the current had dropped below a certain threshold. It could also be possible to use the current to calculate how far the charging has gone during charging and report that as the level.

What do you guys think? Isn't this a better way to do it?

CRII
16th April 2013, 09:07 PM |#317  
Thanks Meter: 448

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have been thinking about the battery level. I am so fed up with it being all over the place, so I am thinking about just reporting a linear value based on battery voltage. When charging for short periods this will give misleading readings, but the readings are bogus anyway.

When charging it will go to 100% very fast, but it won't stop charging until the current had dropped below a certain threshold. It could also be possible to use the current to calculate how far the charging has gone during charging and report that as the level.

What do you guys think? Isn't this a better way to do it?

CRII

for charging-end detection current would be for sure a good identifier...

but as i mentioned a few times a while ago there is a sony ericsson driver for our battery chip out there from the native android device xperia x10(same battery) the kernel is not that far from our so i think it should be possible to use it...

it must be modified to match with the board file. especially power_supply struct but the detection in board file(or userspace?) is anyway buggy so maybe just use the one from driver...

so i think this would be the best solution

i wanted to do it all the time somewhen but i just have to less free time

i already spent time on it so if you do it and keep a new branch up to your progress i could maybe help you with some commits if i got the time... but for sure point you to some key locations in the kernel...

all the best
16th May 2013, 08:28 PM |#318  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi! Could we use xperia x1 like usb-modem? Where can I get drivers?
18th May 2013, 03:09 AM |#319  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santos81

Hi! Could we use xperia x1 like usb-modem? Where can I get drivers?

USB tethering works on ZeamDroid. I couldn't get WiFi tethering to work even on the EXT3 builds.

EDIT: Wait.... What was I saying? I never even tried WiFi tethering on the EXT3 builds. Maybe it was my Galaxy Tab 2 that I thought when I got to that part. WiFi tethering never did work on that thing until I rooted it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marcintosh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marcintosh Ad-Free
18th May 2013, 01:00 PM |#320  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcintosh

USB tethering works on ZeamDroid. I couldn't get WiFi tethering to work even on the EXT3 builds.

Also, you can wifi-tether with GoDroid v8 EXT3 ROM. Follow the thread instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1331521
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)