This process will factory reset your device and wipe the internal memory.
You do this at your own risk. I advise you NOT TO DO THIS as there are risks involved, including, but not limited to, bricking your brand new tablet and renderingit useless. You also may void the warranty. I take NO RESPONSIBILITY for any damage. Again, if you decide to follow these steps, it is entirely at your own risk
If you're a Windows user, you might want to refer here. Chainfire has posted an updated stock ROM which does the unlocking for you. If you're a Linux user, you could try flashing Chainfires image using Heimdall but AFAIK, this has not been tested.
- Download and install the JAVA SDK from here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ads/index.html
- Download the Android SDK from here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
- Follow the instructions here to download the USB drivers http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html
- Edit the “<PATH TO ANDROID SDK>\extras\google\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf” file and copy/paste the following lines and add them to the [Google.NTx86] section (for 32bit Windows) and/or [Google.NTamd64] (for 64bit Windows).
- Download the fastboot zip attached to this post (includes both Win and Linux version) and extract the files to your "<PATH TO ANDROID SDK>\tools" folder
; ;Galaxy Tab 10.1v %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&REV_9999&MI_01 %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&MI_01 %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_04E8&PID_6601 %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0955&PID_7000
Now to get started…
1) Power off your tablet
2) Hold the VOLUME DOWN button and press the POWER button (your tablet will power on and you will see the BACKUP and USB icons)
3) Use VOLUME DOWN to select the USB icon, and then press VOLUME UP to confirm the selection.
4) You should now be in fastboot mode (the word FASTBOOT should appear somewhere in the top left corner)
5) If Windows doesn’t automatically detect the device, go to device manager and find the ‘Fastboot’ device. Right-click and select update driver, choose to manually install and browse to the “<PATH TO ANDROID SDK>\extras\google\usb_driver\” folder.
6) Open a command prompt and do
cd "<PATH TO SDK FOLDER>\tools" fastboot devices
8) In the Command window, type:
fastboot oem unlock
10) VIOLA! You are unlocked. Note that these instructions are a work-in-progress. As always, your questions and comments are welcome. OSX / Linux instructions coming soon!
Linux Instructions (thanks to Draco32)
Get your Tab into fastboot mode;
1) Power off your Tab and power it back on while holding VOLUME DOWN
2) Highlight the USB icon by pressing VOLUME DOWN
3) Press VOLUME UP to confirm your selection (Fastboot Mode)
4) Download the Tegra 2 compatible fastboot (attached to this post) and put it somewhere in your path (eg /usr/bin)
5) Plug your device into the PC using the provided USB cable.
6) Open a terminal and type
fastboot oem unlock
8) Your bootloader is now unlocked power off the device and power it back on the device will boot and have an unlocked padlock when loading. Also this will factory reset your device this includes everything on the 16 gb storage.
Now that you're done head over here to get root access.
Guide for unlocking is here:
If you power off your device and power it on again using the volume rocker (NOT THE POWER BUTTON), you get the OEM unlock Screen.
Looks like we might have an unlockable bootloader. If so, I love this thing even more now!
Im off to play with it now. Will be back to post pics shortly. Text from the screen is below
ODIN3 Download Mode
Reason: Force Key
Secure Mode: Secure
Check Signature: Check
OEM Lock: Lock
Waiting USB Cable...
If you unlock the bootloader.....
Will post pics shortly. Time to break this thing