FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1.1

167 posts
Thanks Meter: 141

Post Reply Email Thread
If you need Flash Player on JellyBean, then do the following.

1. Download the Adobe Flash Player (v.11.1.115.12).
2. Copy the file to your device (tablet or a phone - it does not matter).
3. Install.
4. Start the browser.
5. Login to your browser settings and put the check in front of Flash Player.
6. Now you have the latest version of Flash Player!
7. Enjoy
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aleeyt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aleeyt Ad-Free

1st August 2012, 12:52 AM |#2  
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 603

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleeyt

If you need Flash Player on JellyBean, then do the following.

1. Download the Adobe Flash Player (v.11.1.115.12).
2. Copy the file to your device (tablet or a phone - it does not matter).
3. Install.
4. Start the browser.
5. Login to your browser settings and put the check in front of Flash Player.
6. Now you have the latest version of Flash Player!
7. Enjoy

This is not working as it should.

In defy 4.1 thread there is a guy saying that it has to do with some codec which maybe makes netflix not working either!

I have tried many flash players and no success, I think we will have to wait for quarx or epsylon or somebody else who makes it works!
3rd September 2012, 01:07 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
yeah
Doesn't work, running cm10 4.1.1 on a bravo
3rd September 2012, 01:16 AM |#4  
Somewhere!

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottman0830

Doesn't work, running cm10 4.1.1 on a bravo

Its becfixedof a codec which needs to be fixed!

I hope quarx fix it soon!

I tried flash player in an atrix with jb and it worked excellent!
3rd September 2012, 01:26 AM |#5  
Flag Fayetteville, NC
Thanks Meter: 63

More
It also depends on what browser you are using. Stock browser works fine, and Dolphin is easy to get working.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1846225

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
3rd September 2012, 01:36 AM |#6  
Somewhere!

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo524

It also depends on what browser you are using. Stock browser works fine, and Dolphin is easy to get working.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1846225

It is not working for us Bravo and Defy users, there is a codec which is broken and needs to be fixed as well.

It works partially, but when you try to see some flash videos or use youtube it freezes browser.
3rd September 2012, 07:06 AM |#7  
Flag Fayetteville, NC
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Forgive me, didn't realize I had switched forums to a different device

3rd September 2012, 02:32 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo524

Forgive me, didn't realize I had switched forums to a different device

It's ok, you can stay a while if you would like. Some of us have never met anyone outside the realm of Bravo.
3rd September 2012, 04:11 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 3,058

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Orange

It's ok, you can stay a while if you would like. Some of us have never met anyone outside the realm of Bravo.

Then hang out at the Defy Forums . Its where I go when its slow here. Besides, they have the same bugs, glitches, and roms that we do (well, they have 1000x more niche roms, but they can all be ported rather easily). The Defy Forum is the best place to find updated info for our roms, mods, tweaks, tips, etc...

FYI -- The Bravo is basically a Defy Minus. A Defy minus the led flash, minus the 5mp camera, minus the GB kernel, minus the number of devs, minus the search button. Everything else is damn-near the same between the two phones; even our bootloaders are similar -- we have 9.12 and they have 9.10 -- its that .02 that keeps us from running GB kernels on the Bravo (other than the Bravo has different CG versions -- usually Defy CG value +1).
The Following User Says Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skeevydude Ad-Free
3rd September 2012, 06:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevy420

Then hang out at the Defy Forums . Its where I go when its slow here. Besides, they have the same bugs, glitches, and roms that we do (well, they have 1000x more niche roms, but they can all be ported rather easily). The Defy Forum is the best place to find updated info for our roms, mods, tweaks, tips, etc...

FYI -- The Bravo is basically a Defy Minus. A Defy minus the led flash, minus the 5mp camera, minus the GB kernel, minus the number of devs, minus the search button. Everything else is damn-near the same between the two phones; even our bootloaders are similar -- we have 9.12 and they have 9.10 -- its that .02 that keeps us from running GB kernels on the Bravo (other than the Bravo has different CG versions -- usually Defy CG value +1).

It's stuff like that that makes me wonder why companies decide to offer two almost identical models of phone, when they can save so much money offering one device. I love my bravo though, it's my first smart phone and I've had no complaints what so ever concerning Motorola. But it doesn't make logical sense to offer the same thing in a different body. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Never thought about checking out the defy forums, thanks for the tip skeevy.
3rd September 2012, 08:41 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 3,058

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Orange

It's stuff like that that makes me wonder why companies decide to offer two almost identical models of phone, when they can save so much money offering one device. I love my bravo though, it's my first smart phone and I've had no complaints what so ever concerning Motorola. But it doesn't make logical sense to offer the same thing in a different body. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Never thought about checking out the defy forums, thanks for the tip skeevy.

The multiple phone issue is for different markets\carriers. There's a lot of phones, especially Motorola phones, that are almost the same as the next one -- DroidX, Bravo, Defy, Defy+, Cliq2; all those phones listed can easily port from each other with just a few libraries different between them -- usually camera, gps, and sensors.

For example, all our Bravo roms used to be Defy Ports until Quarx started doing CM roms for us. All we have to change is 3 camera libs, imager_cfg.bin, rename /lib/hw/whatever.jordan.so to whatever.kobe.so, add in the Bravo baseband, and change the build.prop to have the Bravo labeling --- that method works on almost all Defy roms, Since then, we've had a few camera revisions so you have to try different releases for the camera libs (there's 2 for CM7, 3 for CM9, and 1 for CM10) and some ports require you to use libandroid_server.so from a Bravo CM Release or from Stock Froyo. I've ported a lot of Defy Roms -- WR, PIkachu, all Miui roms are all Defy Ports.

The only reason MS2 doesn't fully work is its framework specifically looks for the Defy camera libs and replacing them with Bravo libs causes it to freeze on boot. I think it may be possible to decompile\smali the MS2 framework-res.apk and framework.jar and add in the Kobe camera java code to them to make our camera work with MS2, I just haven't gotten around to trying it. So far all I've tried is replacing the tether java code with CM7's to get tethering to work for me. MS2\Moto Roms have a phone home code attached to the tethering so if you don't pay for tethering you can't use it -- I tether my home wifi, not 3G, so it really bugs me that I can't tether my wifi to my PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skeevydude Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)