Actually turned out simpler to do than i initially thought it would be.
- Enables "Keep Locally" ( keep_local ) option for adding new contacts instead of forced google account.
- Prevents google from deleting all you contacts when you remove your account
- Disables google contact sync
The offending package comes with gapps if you got google that way.
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk you will find it in /system/app/ (need root file explorer to see it though)
You can make this fix in 3 ways, the first may not need root but i cant test as my phone is rooted.
- In Settings>App find it in the list of all installed apps, click it, click disable. (please someone tell me if they can do this without root)
- Use a root file explorer such as "Root Browser", navigate to /system/app/ backup the app .apk to your sdcard for example, then delete it.
- You can also try clicking the app .apk in "Root Browser" and choose uninstall, but i could get this to work.
Thats it ! , no need to reboot. Enjoy
(to test it worked, just navigate to Settings>Accounts>(your google account) and you will see there is no longer the option to sync contacts)